About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, January 3, 2014

Beginning our New Year

We are lame. We did nothing for New Years this year. We barely even
stayed up until midnight! 
Dmitri had to mooch off the neighbors fireworks, watching them through
his bedroom window. He invited me to come check them out with him, and
while we were watching, he said, "I wish we had some fireworks too." He 
said it in the saddest voice ever. So maybe we need to plan something next
year! 
We did buy some cider at Costco, but didn't even drink it until the next day... 

New Years day, Daniel decided to take Dmitri on a little adventure. It was
nice, because I laid Paige down while they were gone, and boxed up the 
rest of the Christmas decor. 

They ended up going to a little lake/beach area, that's not too far from us.
It was chilly, so obviously no water fun - but they made sandcastles, and 
collected some firewood. 
Dmitri loves any time that he gets to spend with Daniel, and the beach! :)
 So on Thursday, we were greeted with another rainy day. 
Daniel was back at work, after having 5 days off, so the kids and I invited
some friends to play at a local bounce house. 
Dmitri's good friend Asher came, and they had a good time jumping around
together. Though some of Dmitri's time was spent asking for toys and treats...
But all in all he had a good time! 
This was Paige's first time, and she was not too fond of it at first. There were
a lot of kids, and a lot of kids older than her. After awhile, she got brave, and
started climbing up the BIG slides! However, once she got up a couple of the 
steps, she decided to turn back around, and go back down.
I did take her on one of the bigger slides though. Poor girl! She didn't cry,
but her face while we were going down, wide eyed, and a grimace! xD
She found her little nitch though, too bad it was actually the stairs on the toddler
slide. But, it worked well as a slide for her, so she was happy!
 I think I'll have to bring her back, once schools in. That way she wont have
to deal with the older kids everywhere, and I can bounce with her.
 She'd definitely have a lot more fun!
On our second to last day of Christmas break {he goes back Tuesday},
we went to play with his friends. 
Dmitri is lucky to have some good buddies here. We do a playdate rotation,
and the boys have a good time playing together, at each others houses.

Today Paige and I stayed to play. Paige is not as wild as these boys, but she
liked being in the mix!
I should say it was crazy cold today {and will be colder tomorrow}. Definitely
not our normal Georgia temperatures.
So that was the end of our last official week of Christmas Break.
I'm sad to have Dmitri go back, because even though he's loud and crazy,
he's fun and sweet too! I miss him during the day, but he is so ready to 
go back! He has no hesitations about it, and is looking forward to seeing
his school friends again. 
We are now half way through the school year! Woot woo! Counting down the 
days till Spring Break, and sleeping in again! xP

No comments:

Post a Comment