About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, December 30, 2013

Rounding out our December

My kids and I, do not like to wake up early. Well, we don't like to wake up
early, and have to be somewhere {ie: school!}.
So Winter Break has been a nice treat! Late mornings, no rush to be anywhere,
and enjoying our morning.
Dmitri got out at noon, on December 20th, and doesn't go back until January 7th.
So we've had a lot of time to play, but most of that play has been at home, due to rain
and cold weather.

On Friday, December 27th, we woke up to a beautiful chilly day! I think a bit of
cabin fever was setting in for all of us, and Paige kept dropping 'subtle' hints, by
climbing into her stroller, or trying to open the front door. 
So with that, we bundled up and headed to the park!

A plus side to a chilly day - having the park all to ourselves! I hate crowded parks,
and sometimes Dmitri finds interesting friends there {because he's a chatty Cathy!}.
So this was a nice treat! 
I was a little on edge though, because the previous night I had a dream Paige fell into
a gutter/storm drain, and there was no way to get her back! It was very unsettling, 
so I was on her like a hawk! 
She is so into everything Dmitri does, and trying to keep up with him. Too bad his 
big legs are faster than her little legs! But she did keep up pretty good :)
 Paige gets so excited when she gets to turn a steering wheel! There are
serious squeals of excitement!

 No captions, just a ton of pictures of them playing!
 
And more playing... Paige has gotten so big, and so much more capable. 
She's definitely moved from baby, to toddler!
And a very stealthy landing ;)
 On the top right picture, Paige had to take a break, to get the bark off
her shoes... 
 There's a small bridge, that leads to a green area, and the kids went over 
to explore. Dmitri found a stick, which he deemed the Stick of Trust! 
He asked to bring it home, and I said no... but he found a smaller one, that
we could both agree on.
 He was very serious about his stick... and playing Skylanders.
 After the park, we headed to Target, to get some hot chocolate and pizza.
I informed Dmitri ahead of time, that we would not be buying ANY toys! Not
one single toy. Dmitri needs to know the details of everything, and he needs to
be informed ahead of time. So I have to make sure to make that clear to him, 
or rotten attitudes ensue! xP
 He was being good, so we did agree to go look at toys. He kept his word, and didn't
ask for anything. But he did spend quite awhile looking at Skylander stuff.

I was hesitant to get him involved in Skylander. Mostly because I'm not a fan of
video games, and don't want him addicted or glued to them. 
He has two particular friends he's played with at school, and the main one I don't
really care for. I've met him, and he's a typical kid, but Dmitri tells me things, that
this boy apparently tells Dmitri. Nothing serious, and of course it's always one sided
information - but I can tell this boy runs the show, amongst their friends. 
He tells Dmitri things like; I'll only will be your friend, if you wear your hair down 
{not spiked}, I don't like the games you play - so you have to play my games, or
I'm not your friend, and you have to be this person. Just stuff like that. 
I've talked to Dmitri about it, and Dmitri has started to realize that this kid is not
the boss. So he's started to branch out, and play with other kids.
One boy I do like, and was happy to hear that he had played with him one day.
He said the boy was playing Skylander, so Dmitri went and played with him.
He said, "I don't really know what it is, but I know what my character does, and I
like it!" So thus, a Skylander obsession has started. 
Dmitri is a collector, so collecting the guys is more important to him, than playing the 
game - but he and Daniel do enjoy playing it together!
 
 This was the same day, just at breakfast time. Paige always has her hands
full. Weather it's with a doll, her bear, her blanket, she's always busy with something.
Daniel dug out his old chess set, and started teaching Dmitri the rules.
Dmitri is currently the keeper of the chess set, and carries it around with 
him, asking Daniel if he's ready to play. Poor Daniel! ;)
We have church at 1, so Paige usually doesn't get a nap. This particular 
Sunday, she was very tired, because of it. Her little eyes were so heavy
and dark! When it was time for bed, I told her to come upstairs with me, and
she ran over to Daniel, and laid with him on the sofa, then closed her eyes really
tight. I'd say again, lets go to bed Paige - and she'd say "uhuh" and squeeze her
eyes tight. 
I finally hauled her off to bed, and she was asleep within a minute! LOL why
do my kids always fight going to bed?!
Today we were playing in Paige's room, and she asked me to 
put the eye patch on her. I put it on, and she goes back to sorting her toys. 
She realized her vision was impaired, and moved the patch slightly, so she
could still see out of her eye, while also wearing the patch.
And lastly, a picture of two of my favorite faces! :}
So that's about it for our December! I hope to keep going, and
blogging consistently, while still trying to play catchup!

1 comment:

  1. I totally warn our kids that we're not buying toys or this or that before hand or they freak out! We love target pizza, too :) Dmitri's friend sounds like a bit of a snot. I hate that we can't be at school to make sure kids aren't being brats.

    ReplyDelete