Update -- we've moved into our new place, but don't have Internet.
They haven't come and laid lines for the new people, so we have to
wait until an Internet company lays more lines... Or until someone
that already has it, cancels. Boo.
Also -- baby girl is HERE!!
She was born via c-section, on April 9th, at 10:14am! Her name is
Anya Paige, but she goes by Paige. We both really liked the name
Paige, but still wanted her to have a Russian name, so her Russian
name is Anya, which means Grace, and Grace was my Grandma's name.
Paige was expected to be a big baby, but weighed in a 6lbs 9oz and
20 inches long. She was one ounce smaller than Dmitri, but an inch
longer. Lol so not so big...
But she is sweet and petite, and we love her dearly!!
I've had a much easier recovery, than I did with Dmitri! The first week
I was still pretty sore, but I've been off my pain killers, for about 5 days
now. So not too bad!
I was pretty out of it, after the c-section. What I've learned this time around,
if they say it may make you drowsy... it's guaranteed it will knock me out!
Also, it's guaranteed I'll puke, once I get into the operating room. Apparently
them wheeling me in, and an empty stomach, don't mix with all the other stuff
they pump in you.
So some things that came up, during my c-section. My uterus was fused to
my abdominal wall. Apparently from my previous c-section. So the doctor
went ahead and fixed that, and ended up cutting out some pieces. Yeek.
My doctor also said I'd more than likely, not have been able to push the
baby out, because of the shape of my pelvis, and that she recommends
c-sections for any future babies.
Also, Paige's cord was wrapped around her neck twice. She also had to get
suctioned out, with 3 tries. There was some blood splatter, and a nursing
student had to be taken out, because she was going to pass out. Lol so it was
a pretty gruesome event, but Daniel seemed to really enjoy it! He also got to
cut her cord, and took some pics, that I'll have to post, once we have Internet
again.
I can't figure out how to resize my phone pics... But she pretty much looks like
her brother did :} She has a little bit less hair than him though, go figure :)
But we are loving her! I don't think Dmitri has really let things sink in. He say she
has the cutest face, or feet, or hands... But mostly he's just interested in going
about his day, as usual. Though he has tried to pick her up, 3 times. Enough to
make my heart stop!!
But yea, hopefully another post to follow, soon!




Yay!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWow! Sounds like you had an eventful birth! And it also sounds like mine!! Puking, splatter....Our girls....already trouble. Glad to hear you're doing well. I hope they get you some internet though.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Miss Paige! I bet she is a little doll. Good luck with recovery. Show us a picture when you get a minute.
ReplyDelete