About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Change of plans...

I had another appointment, on Tuesday.

I decided to be seen by another doctor, because I wasn't loving the
one they assigned me, and I was hearing bad things about him.

Not sure I mentioned this in my last post -- but he told me I could
wait, 4 weeks, until my next appointment. That was at 32 weeks.
So he wanted me to come back, when I was 36 weeks.
I didn't feel comfortable with that, because I developed pre-eclampsia
with Dmitri, around that time -- which was why I was induced with
him, at 37 weeks.
I looked at my old blog posts, and realized I never blogged all that
happened with Dmitri's birth.
Basically, around 26 weeks, I started to swell HORRIBLY! It got
worse, as the weeks went on, but was just chalked up to normal pregnancy
swelling. But I also had slightly elevated blood pressure, the entire pregnancy.

At 34-35 weeks, I came down with some freak flu. It was so awful!
All I could do, was lay down all day. If I even stood up, I'd throw up.
I could not regulate my temperature, and for about 2 weeks, it was
103-105 degrees.
I had to go in twice, too check Dmitri, and to be hooked to an IV, for dehydration.
During this time, the swelling just kept getting worse, and my regular
doctor was on her honeymoon. So the ones treating me didn't feel comfortable
doing anything -- but hook me to an IV and run test. They even made me
test for giardia... which was disgusting. Blah.

So anywhos... after 2 miserable weeks, Daniel and a close friend, gave me
a blessing. I'm not even kidding, the next day I felt like a whole new person!
My temp had gone down, I could stand without feeling like I needed to puke,
it was great!
I went in for another OB appointment, and by that time, my doctor was back.
I walked into my appt, and she takes one look at me, and says, "Let's talk your
blood pressure..." I was swollen from head to toe! Showering that morning,
I could feel so much swelling in my face. Blah!
So she took my blood pressure, and it was elevated. They made me do a urine
test, and I had protein in my urine. So it was concluded, that I had pre-eclampsia.
{Since then, I've read that flu like symptoms and a temp, can be signs of
pre-eclampsia starting. I'm not sure that's what was going on... but I was the
only one I knew of, with this crazy flu!}

So basically that appointment ended, with her telling me to head down to
labor and delivery ASAP.
Luckily, Daniel recommended I pack a bag the night before... just in case.

They hooked me up to pitocin and magnesium {magnesium is supposed to
stop pre-eclampsia, from becoming eclampsia -- grand mal seizures} and
labor started {At my 36 week appointment, the week before, I was dilated
to a 2}.
A couple hours after I got there, they broke my water, to progress labor. All
in all, after 30 hours, my body hadn't made it past a 5. I have to give Daniel
credit -- he sat there for the full 30 hours, while I was in and out of sleep. I
slept A LOT from the magnesium. Which was a blessing and a curse...

So yes, after 30 hours, not much progress, and it had been over 24 hours,
since they had broken my water.
That was when my doctor told me to start thinking C-section. We agreed
to it, and it was a good thing. I ended up getting a fever and infection, from
it being so long, since my water had broke. Along with that, I had passed it
to Dmitri. So they needed to get him out.
I was wheeled into the Operating Room, and they popped Dmitri out.

So, all that, because I went into my appointment yesterday, and basically
was told the baby might not fit through my pelvis.
My new doctor had gone through all the paperwork from Dmitri's birth,
and told me that more than likely, my labor stalled. She said my pelvis may
not spread wide enough, to pass a full term baby through. Dmitri wasn't
full term, but he was already 6lbs, 10oz at 37 weeks. So bigger than most,
at that point.
The doctor did an ultrasound of baby P, and she is already over 5lbs, at
34 weeks. So that means at full term, she's going to be one big baby!

I really liked this doctor, because she talked to me forever! Not once did I
feel rushed, or that I couldn't ask a question.
I asked about being induced, and she said she didn't recommend it for VBACs.
Not only because it {the stronger contractions} up the chance of uterine
rupture, but because I could be setting myself up for failure.
She said there was no medical reason, she saw, for me not making it past
a 5... so her explanation was him not fitting.

So the plan as of now -- I have a C-section scheduled for April 9th {39 weeks}.
Baby is already head down, and VERY low. So on the chance she decides to
come early, we'll try for a VBAC. But if she doesn't, then her eviction date is
April 9th!

I picked April 9th, because Dmitri's birthday is August 9th, and Daniel's is
January 9th... and I'm weird like that :}

So that's that! I wouldn't mind her coming early. I've already been woken
up twice, do to consistent lower back pains and lower abdominal pains.
I also get quite a bit of stabbing pains in my cervix. Sorry... TMI, but I think
mostly women read my blog anyways X}
So we shall see!

And one pic... me and Dmitri, wasting time while they clean our room



2 comments:

  1. So exciting. It's so hard to plan a vbac but it'll work out if it's supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I chose december 15th because my birthday is march 15, my dads is july 15 and our old dogs astro, his birthday was september 15. I guess it's a little superstitious, but oh well.

    I'm glad you switched doctors. when you told everyone on facebook that the wacko wanted to see you at 36 weeks....crazy.

    ReplyDelete