Alrighty…
here we are again, with my monthly blog post! I’m starting to feel bad,
that I haven’t documented much of Paige’s life! Not that much happens
in 6 weeks, but still!
We have been doing great! I think the easiest thing to do, would be to give updates on each person. Hopefully this doesn’t sound too Christmas card-ish ;)
Daniel -- he’s been working! He actually got put on the heart team, which is exciting. He was worried he’d get stuck, just doing hearts, but so far that hasn’t been the case. If one is scheduled, for a day he’s working, then he gets pulled in. If not, then he does whatever they put him on that day.
He had his first overnight scout campout. I’m not sure if it was just a last minute deal, or what. But there was no one to go with him! He had to call around, and find another adult that could take the time off to go. Luckily, our good friend Nate went with him. I know that made the experience a whole lot better!
They took bows and arrows, and the boys worked on some merit badges. All in all, they had a pretty good time!
He has been spending some time outside, doing yard work. He bought some railroad ties, and made a garden. It has been thriving! Not that we have any actually fruit or veggies yet, but holy cow, the leaves sprouted quick, and they are big! So hopefully soon, we’ll be able to harvest some! J
Me -- Meh. Not much! Tomorrow {Monday} is my 6 week mark! We’ve had a couple pool dates, and I haven’t been able to go in! Talk about torture!!! But I’m feeling really good! I have one spot, on my incision, I’m a bit curious about. I think an irritated spot formed, from friction with my clothes, because it started bleeding the other day. So I need to call and make an appointment, just to make sure everything is okay, and there’s no infection forming. Blah!
We had another Enrichment night. We did Cooking and Rotating with Our Food Storage. It was a fun night, and felt quite successful! There was a good turn out, and a lot of question being asked!
I’ve been doing A LOT of organizing! I finally got all my clothes hung up, in my closet. Also, I was able to put some additional shelves in our linen closet, so we don’t have clean towels just sitting on the flood in there.
I’ve been doing some projects too! I bought a couple tables off Craigslist and then Goodwill, and painted, then antiqued them. It’s been pretty fun! Right now, we have a door sitting in our garage, and we plan on making it a headboard, in our room. So hopefully that works out ;)
Dmitri -- He’s been having fun! He gets to play with his friend Ava a lot. He’s also spent a lot of time, running through the sprinklers! This past month, he has really gotten used to GA. He still says he wants to go back to HI, but he is loving all his new friends too.
He went to a birthday yesterday {Saturday} for his friend Paisley. They got to ride ponies, which he loved! He also went to his first baseball game, last weekend. He insisted on saying hi to the mascot, and when the Hornet picked him up, on my, Dmitri had the BIGGEST smile on his face! X)
We’ve had a lot of library days as well. It’s always a successful trip for him, when he finds someone there to play with. Last Friday, there were 3 boys, all around his age, and he had a BLAST!
I’ve come to realize, that he loves to be around people. He is very social! Seriously -- he will talk to anyone, about anything. If we’re at a get together, he’ll find one adult, and make them his buddy for the night. Which means they are his go to person, when he has a question, or wants to know what’s going on. Lol so we need to keep an eye on him, ALWAYS!
He is 4th on the waiting list, for Pre-K. Everyone is telling me he’ll get in, so I am crossing my fingers!! If he doesn’t get into the one by us, then I’ll have to sign him up for one, that’s a bit further. The one I’m hoping he gets into, is just a block away from us. So I could walk him there and back, every morning.
He’s very into the Chipmunks right now. Daily, he changes which Chipmunk he is, but mostly, he’s Simon. He got into them, after watching the Chipmunk movie, Chipwrecked. He is now obsessed :}
Paige -- She is growing! She’s still an itty bitty, but she’s getting a lot bigger! She is waking up once a night, which is AWESOME! She is a pacifier girl, unless she’s hungry. Heaven forbid you give her a pacifier when she’s hungry! She will rip that thing out of her mouth, and throw it! It is too funny though! :}
She’s starting to smile. The smiles are here and there, mostly she just looks at us, like we’re crazy! She loves to try and talk to us. She makes her lips into a little O, and just coos. It is darling! She has some strong legs and arms - which are not helpful, when I‘m trying to get her dressed, or in her carseat! She also has great head control. Even after she was just born, she’d lift her head and look around at everything. She’s quite nosey, which I think helps with practice :} One of her favorite things, is if you turn her around and walk around with her, looking outward. She just loves to see what’s going on. One of my favorite things she does, she makes these little kitty cries. Not a full on cry, just like a little roar, and the face she makes when she does them, is too cute!
She loves to sweat! If you swaddle her, and hold her until she’s sweating you out, she is one happy girl, and will sleep forever!
So that’s what has been going on here. Daniel’s mom came out, the week after Paige was born. It was really great having her, and was a bit lonely, after she left. Dmitri LOVED all the attention he got from her!
We went to the zoo, while she was here. We also went to a carnival, about 2 weeks back. We just bought Dmitri a wrist band, and he rode all the kid rides, repeatedly! His favorite was the giant slide, that you use a potato sack going down. He seriously rode that slide, about 10 times! There were so many stairs to get to the top, be he LOVED it!
That’s about all I can remember. We should have internet soon! The lines have been laid, we just have to get the official date, and we can call for an install! Yay!! Once we have it, there should be a more extensive blog post J
We have been doing great! I think the easiest thing to do, would be to give updates on each person. Hopefully this doesn’t sound too Christmas card-ish ;)
Daniel -- he’s been working! He actually got put on the heart team, which is exciting. He was worried he’d get stuck, just doing hearts, but so far that hasn’t been the case. If one is scheduled, for a day he’s working, then he gets pulled in. If not, then he does whatever they put him on that day.
He had his first overnight scout campout. I’m not sure if it was just a last minute deal, or what. But there was no one to go with him! He had to call around, and find another adult that could take the time off to go. Luckily, our good friend Nate went with him. I know that made the experience a whole lot better!
They took bows and arrows, and the boys worked on some merit badges. All in all, they had a pretty good time!
He has been spending some time outside, doing yard work. He bought some railroad ties, and made a garden. It has been thriving! Not that we have any actually fruit or veggies yet, but holy cow, the leaves sprouted quick, and they are big! So hopefully soon, we’ll be able to harvest some! J
Me -- Meh. Not much! Tomorrow {Monday} is my 6 week mark! We’ve had a couple pool dates, and I haven’t been able to go in! Talk about torture!!! But I’m feeling really good! I have one spot, on my incision, I’m a bit curious about. I think an irritated spot formed, from friction with my clothes, because it started bleeding the other day. So I need to call and make an appointment, just to make sure everything is okay, and there’s no infection forming. Blah!
We had another Enrichment night. We did Cooking and Rotating with Our Food Storage. It was a fun night, and felt quite successful! There was a good turn out, and a lot of question being asked!
I’ve been doing A LOT of organizing! I finally got all my clothes hung up, in my closet. Also, I was able to put some additional shelves in our linen closet, so we don’t have clean towels just sitting on the flood in there.
I’ve been doing some projects too! I bought a couple tables off Craigslist and then Goodwill, and painted, then antiqued them. It’s been pretty fun! Right now, we have a door sitting in our garage, and we plan on making it a headboard, in our room. So hopefully that works out ;)
Dmitri -- He’s been having fun! He gets to play with his friend Ava a lot. He’s also spent a lot of time, running through the sprinklers! This past month, he has really gotten used to GA. He still says he wants to go back to HI, but he is loving all his new friends too.
He went to a birthday yesterday {Saturday} for his friend Paisley. They got to ride ponies, which he loved! He also went to his first baseball game, last weekend. He insisted on saying hi to the mascot, and when the Hornet picked him up, on my, Dmitri had the BIGGEST smile on his face! X)
We’ve had a lot of library days as well. It’s always a successful trip for him, when he finds someone there to play with. Last Friday, there were 3 boys, all around his age, and he had a BLAST!
I’ve come to realize, that he loves to be around people. He is very social! Seriously -- he will talk to anyone, about anything. If we’re at a get together, he’ll find one adult, and make them his buddy for the night. Which means they are his go to person, when he has a question, or wants to know what’s going on. Lol so we need to keep an eye on him, ALWAYS!
He is 4th on the waiting list, for Pre-K. Everyone is telling me he’ll get in, so I am crossing my fingers!! If he doesn’t get into the one by us, then I’ll have to sign him up for one, that’s a bit further. The one I’m hoping he gets into, is just a block away from us. So I could walk him there and back, every morning.
He’s very into the Chipmunks right now. Daily, he changes which Chipmunk he is, but mostly, he’s Simon. He got into them, after watching the Chipmunk movie, Chipwrecked. He is now obsessed :}
Paige -- She is growing! She’s still an itty bitty, but she’s getting a lot bigger! She is waking up once a night, which is AWESOME! She is a pacifier girl, unless she’s hungry. Heaven forbid you give her a pacifier when she’s hungry! She will rip that thing out of her mouth, and throw it! It is too funny though! :}
She’s starting to smile. The smiles are here and there, mostly she just looks at us, like we’re crazy! She loves to try and talk to us. She makes her lips into a little O, and just coos. It is darling! She has some strong legs and arms - which are not helpful, when I‘m trying to get her dressed, or in her carseat! She also has great head control. Even after she was just born, she’d lift her head and look around at everything. She’s quite nosey, which I think helps with practice :} One of her favorite things, is if you turn her around and walk around with her, looking outward. She just loves to see what’s going on. One of my favorite things she does, she makes these little kitty cries. Not a full on cry, just like a little roar, and the face she makes when she does them, is too cute!
She loves to sweat! If you swaddle her, and hold her until she’s sweating you out, she is one happy girl, and will sleep forever!
So that’s what has been going on here. Daniel’s mom came out, the week after Paige was born. It was really great having her, and was a bit lonely, after she left. Dmitri LOVED all the attention he got from her!
We went to the zoo, while she was here. We also went to a carnival, about 2 weeks back. We just bought Dmitri a wrist band, and he rode all the kid rides, repeatedly! His favorite was the giant slide, that you use a potato sack going down. He seriously rode that slide, about 10 times! There were so many stairs to get to the top, be he LOVED it!
That’s about all I can remember. We should have internet soon! The lines have been laid, we just have to get the official date, and we can call for an install! Yay!! Once we have it, there should be a more extensive blog post J
I'm sitting in front of Starbucks, mooching off their wifi. So here are some newborn pics,
of baby girl!









She is so sweet! I've been wondering how you're doing!!
ReplyDelete