About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Because I'm impatient...

This has been a super fun week for us!

- Daniel was of all week!
- Trunk or Treating
- Trick or Treating
- Carving pumpkins
- 16 week appointment
- Finding out baby's gender!

First things first, we had our 16 week appointment on Tuesday.
Dmitri and Daniel came with me - and we finally told Dmitri about
what was going on. Before, we just mentioned it, but didn't really
go into anything - and also asked if he wanted a brother or sister.
He's always said sister. I just figured he wanted a sister, because
a lot of shows, and books that he's into, there's always a little sister.

Well, we go in for the appointment - and tell Dmitri what's going
to happen. He likes to listen to our hearts, on Daniel's stethoscope,
so we told him we were going to listen to the babies. Then that led
to him listening and feeling our hearts... Anywhos, after that, he was
very interested in the baby!
So the doctor comes in, and measures me - everything is on track.
Then she listens to the heartbeat, and it was great! It was 160 - and
the first time I had actually heard it {we couldn't hear it at the 10 week}.
So it was a really awesome moment!
All the prepping we did for Dmitri, he asks what the noise is. We told
him it's the baby's heartbeat. He says, "No it's not, it's mommy's lunch!"
After some convincing, he believed it was the heartbeat. Although Weds,
he told me fireworks were in there with the baby.

But everything is going great {thank goodness!!}. My urine collection shows
no protein, and my blood pressure was really good! Which surprised me,
because I was so nervous about it at this appointment!!
I also had to get my C-Section records, from the hospital I delivered Dmitri
at. My doctor read over them, and said I'm definitely a candidate for a VBAC!
She said it looks like they panicked, and induced too soon {which I already
figured, given the series of events}, and my body wasn't ready - which is why
breaking my water didn't do much, and they got to the point where they
just needed to get him out. Blah!
But anyways, I'm very hopeful for a VBAC! So fingers crossed :]

After the appointment, we were driving out of the hospital, and talking to
Dmitri about everything. We talked about the baby in my tummy, and he
says, "My baby sister in your tummy?" and of course the, "I have a baby
in my tummy too?"
So as far as the gender, the hospital we're at, doesn't do the ultrasound until
20 weeks. I just couldn't handle that. We found out with Dmitri at 16 weeks,
and the thought of waiting until 20, just made me so impatient!!
So we cheated, and went to an early ultrasound place! With Dmitri, as soon
as I found out I was pregnant, I knew he was a boy. I was so sure. I was drawn
to everything boy. With this one, I just didn't know. I kept going back and forth!
Dmitri has been saying girl. Daniel has been saying girl. My family has been
saying girl. But I just wasn't sure. Then I started thinking girl - but was wondering
if everyone else's opinion was swaying me. So, I turned to voodoo! No, just kidding.
But I did the ring test, and the needle test {Basically dangle your ring on a thread,
over your wrist or belly. Depending on which way is spins or swings, it's a boy
or girl. Same thing with the needle}. So both these results said girl. I told Daniel,
and he was convinced it was in my head, and I was subconsciously making it go a
certain way. Blah!

So come Wednesday, we go in for our gender ultrasound. They call us back, and
get set-up, then start the ultrasound. The tech goes over the baby quickly, then
checks the gender. Before she even said anything, I knew. From my experience, if
you've seen one boy ultrasound, there's no mistaking a boy! But, this baby was no
boy! It's definitely a girl!! We are thrilled!! And I've already done some shopping
for her :}

This was the best profile pic they could get. She kept lifting her hands, to her face
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/1-8.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2-9.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/3-7.jpg

Dmitri has been very interested in the baby. Through the whole appointment, he
kept asking why the baby's in my tummy. When is the baby coming out. What's
the baby doing.
The tech was trying to get a profile picture of her, but she kept covering her face.
It was almost like she was responding to how much her brother
talks! :} But yes, we are all very excited! :)

Telling his guys about his baby sister... and telling them that she's waving, and
saying,"HI MITRI!"
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/1-7.jpg?t=1320407027

After the ultrasound, we went to lunch and walked around the mall. It was a great
afternoon!!

So backtracking some, Saturday we had a tri-ward Trunk or Treat. I wasn't planning
on going, because it was tri-ward. I just kept thinking of the crowds, and no parking.
But Daniel wanted to go, and that meant Dmitri too... so that meant me as well.
It was actually pretty fun! Not everyone passed out candy, so there was parking
available. We had 200 pieces of candy, and blew through it so fast!
Dmitri had a great time! It was his first trick or treating experience, and he caught
on really quick! Oh he was darling!

The cutest little Captain America!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8753.jpg?t=1320404179

Hangin' with some friends!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8758.jpg?t=1320404316

Sunday night, we carved our pumpkins. We worried about them pre-maturely rotting,
since it's so hot here - so we waited until Halloween Eve.
Daniel and I enjoyed it - Dmitri did not. He was happy to draw and make marks on
his pumpkin, but was not keen on gutting it. He didn't even want to touch to insides.
He said it was dirty and stinky! So I ended up cleaning and carving his. He was fine
with that.

These pics are priceless!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8788.jpg?t=1320405656

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8797.jpg?t=1320405701

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8799.jpg?t=1320405729

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8801.jpg?t=1320405785

Daniel was very serious about his pumpkin
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8806.jpg?t=1320405860

All done!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8816.jpg?t=1320405979
On Halloween, we met up with some friends, and went out. There were about 7
kids in our group - the majority were 3 year olds. Dmitri loved it! He loved that he
was hanging with his friends, but also loved knocking on doors, and getting candy!
He wasn't even scared to walk up to spooky houses, or people in scary costumes. He
had his eyes on the prize!
We eventually split up, but stayed out a bit longer, and hit up some more houses.
Poor Dmitri, he was so sweaty, and I was not bright enough to bring a drink :[ So
before we even headed to the car, he wanted his costume off.
All in all, candy collecting was a success!!

The group
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8830.jpg?t=1320406856

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8836.jpg?t=1320406904

He HAD to walk in the smoke... He said, "Oh no, I can't see! Ahh!"
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8837.jpg?t=1320406953

So tired!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8841.jpg?t=1320406716

We had also did some Halloween crafts going on.

Dmitri helped me make chocolate covered spiders, for his Nursery teachers.
He was {cough cough} helpful :}
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/1-6.jpg?t=1320403685

He was also very serious about his work. And mini M&M eating.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2-7.jpg?t=1320403817

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8781.jpg?t=1320404946

We also crafted pumpkins. This was a perfect craft for him. He
hates to color, but loves glue. Perfect.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8744.jpg?t=1320403888

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8747.jpg?t=1320404010

All done!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8750.jpg?t=1320404081

Some more Trunk or Treating

See... the extent of his coloring, then he's off :}
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8768.jpg?t=1320404614

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8764.jpg?t=1320404490

Some ball toss
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8772.jpg?t=1320404797

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8775.jpg?t=1320404896

Misc...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8805.jpg?t=1320405826

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/IMG_8814.jpg?t=1320405952

We went out to dinner, with some friends, and Dmitri tagged along.
Looking so handsome! ;)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2-8.jpg

Me at Trunk or Treat. My kids loved my hair :}
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/3-6.jpg?t=1320407190

Lounging, during Sacrament...
LinkLinkhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/4-6.jpg

So that's that! And here's a video, from 'nastics! The little fall back at the
beginning, yikes! And I love how much Dmitri tries on the rings.
I can't wait until the day he succeeds!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky! I'll find out on Wednesday. Congratulations on a girl!!! That is so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby girl, that is so exciting! I'm so thrilled for you :)

    It looks like you guys had a great Halloween, it was fun to trick-or-treat with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for little girls!! Really so much fun.
    Tri ward??!! Wow! We just combined with one of the other wards in our building. but if it was anything like last year it was HUGE.

    ReplyDelete