Okay - this is not a catch up post... this is a recent activity post.
Basically, September was a bust for us - so I don't have much to
post from it anyway. Mainly, I spent September sleeping. Being
pregnant wipes me out! I honestly could sleep all day... and may
have fallen asleep on the sofa, one too many times. Luckily Dmitri
played fair - for the most part. There were some times, when I
woke up, to pen scribbled where it wasn't supposed to be, and/or
him playing magical cups with water... Blah!
So anywhos... I'll get started on October.
Today, Daniel and I had to speak in Sacrament. Now I know it's
not anyones favorite thing to do... but really - it is NOT my favorite
thing to do. The Bishopric knows this. I've already skirted out of one
talk... But guilt got to me, and I felt bad making Daniel speak alone.
So I accepted.
Because it's not my favorite thing, they allowed me to
pick my own topic. I picked, 'Teaching Our Children.' The past three
weeks have been tough for us. Dmitri has taken on this Hulk persona.
He is pretty chill and laid back, but he's quick to anger, and is stubborn!
{As my parents read this, I know they're saying, "That sounds like you,
Sara!"} Yes - Dmitri is a lot like me.... So needless to say, we have been
butting heads lately. So I felt strongly, that I needed to use my own
trials and experiences for my talk. I found some good info online {LDS.org}
and compiled my talk through there.
After reading and researching, I took what I learned, and felt invigorated.
One of the talks I read through, said to make a list of faults and things
you struggle with. When making my list, I realized every problem I had,
came back to time management. I would get frustrated with Dmitri, when
I managed my time poorly. When I felt stressed, when I felt like I had too
much to do, and too little time. What came of this? When Dmitri wasn't
getting the attention from me, that he craved, he acted out. He'd do things
he knew were wrong, or naughty, just to get my attention. So I started
asking, "Dmitri, do you want me to play/read/sing with you?" The answer
was always, "YES!" Once I started this, I noticed a complete change in him.
I also found myself, able to relax, and enjoy our time together. Even though
I know there will be struggles here and there, I feel like more effort and time
on my part, will be beneficial to us both.
So back to the talks... Daniel had been called to be the Sunday School Pres-
ident, which means he now attends the early morning meetings. He's been
on call at work, this past week, and as he was getting ready for his meeting
at church, he got a call from work, telling him he needed to get there ASAP.
They had some emergency operations come in - and not enough people to
cover. Well, when I found out he was getting out of his talk, I was jealous!
Lucky bum... We woke Dmitri up, and headed out, to take him to work. As
we were about to get on the freeway, worked called, and said he didn't need
to come in after all, because the doctor couldn't make it in. Which is code for,
it really wasn't that big a deal, or emergency, but the person running things
just freaked out. So we turned around, and headed home.
He made it to his meeting, and then came back, and picked Dmitri and I up
for church.
I didn't ask anyone to watch Dmitri for us, instead we took turns sitting with
him, in Sacrament, while the other talked. We picked a great spot, because he
had friends in front and behind us. So they all just played the whole time.
This time around, we luckily had a youth speaker first. Last time we didn't,
and I just assumed me would - so that, plus my speed reading, meant Daniel
had a lot of time to make up. I also wasn't as nervous this time around. Thank
goodness! This meant I was able to read slower, and take up a good amount of
time. When I get nervous, I start to speed read, and/or talk really fast... so my
15 minute talk last time, ended up being 6-7 minutes.... opps! But this time, my
15 minute talk, was about 15 minutes. I was proud of myself! And hope they
don't ask me to speak again! :}
We've been practicing for the Primary Presentation, so we stayed in Sacrament,
last Sunday, and this Sunday to practice. With Conference at the beginning of
the month, we were a little behind practice schedule, so we had to come back at
4, for 2 hours of practice. Oh... I was pooped. 5 hours at church, is a lot! But I'm
so proud of the kids, because they handled it all so well! Even being stuck in the
HOT chapel {air conditioner decided to stop working} for 2 hours.
Today we were also invited to lunch, with some neighbors in our ward. We had
a really good time, and it lead to Dmitri taking a nap - so we can't complain!
Saturday, we ran some errands, and ended up at the pumpkin patch. Dmitri
has been dieing to go! The pumpkin patch here, is a little weird, schedule wise.
They're only open to school groups, the first part of October, and weekdays.
They open to the public, the last 3 weekends in October, and only weekends.
We were a bit worried about the crowd, but it actually wasn't too bad! It was
a cute set up, with a lot of pumpkin fields to pick from.

Dmitri's pumpkin request, a bumpy, bumpy pumpkin! Hmm... we didn't find
a bumpy, bumpy one. But we did find just a bumpy one. So he was satisfied.
Daniel found a really cool pumpkin, and I found a perfect looking pumpkin.
Maybe I'll venture out next year, and buy a white one! :]
Dmitri went down the inflatable slide, twice, and we bought some shave ice,
and headed home.
{he loves goats...}

Rows and rows of banana trees!

It was pretty fun. Dmitri did pretty well. It was hot, but there was a really
good breeze going. Towards the end though, Daniel was carrying all 3 pump-
kins, and I was carrying Dmitri. But we survived!

Trip to Home Depot - hugging Santa

Watching them cute some wood.

Last week, not to much went on. Daniel had Monday off, so we went to the
park, and then did some shopping and eating. Dmitri had gymnastics and
is still enjoying it. His teachers still wont put him and his friend Giuseppe
together {Seppe as Dmitri calls him}, so he was a little bugged about that
last week. Especially when he was the only boy in his group, and the other
group had 3 boys. Poor guy! :}
Oh -
He wasn't intending to hide from me, but I think once he heard us looking,
he thought it was funny... So we had a talk after.
Also, on Thursday I hosted our ward bookclub. Daniel and Dmitri went for
a boys night out, and I had a good time, chatting with good friends!
Last weekend, we went to Toys R Us. It was only Dmitri's second trip. The
first, he was under a year old, so while it was thrilling, it just didn't have the
same affect, as it does a 3 year old.

Pretty much, he loved it! He got distracted by the train table, and wanted to
stay, and play with his friends {basically any kid in his vicinity}, but we
finally got him moving, and we spent 2 hours in there!

I'm happy to report, there was not one tantrum. He was awesome! We let
him get a toy, and he said he wanted a new Thomas train. So we looked at
the trains, and he decided between two - and came home with a shiny new
blue train, named Sidney.

After Toys R Us, we went to lunch at Big City Diner. It hit the spot. I was
craving a yummy BLT - which they didn't have, so Dmitri and I shared a
club sandwich, and some fries - while Daniel had a nice big hamburger,
and some garlic fries. It was yummy!
I did end up having to take Dmitri out early, because he would not stop
jumping around. We kept getting sideways glares from the people sitting
next to us. But after warnings, he just wouldn't let up. So to the car we
went, with him kicking and screaming. Blah.
Last Sunday night we went to a going away party, for a friend. It was a really
fun get together, with lots of toys, friends and yummy food! It's always so
hard getting Dmitri to leave his friends houses. I don't think he'd ever go
home. He just loves other kids, and the companionship. Which is why I
can't wait for baby number two to get here!
While they wont be able to play for a while, I'm excited for him to have a
buddy.
I also had my 12 week appt 2 weeks ago. My friend Megan, was sweet to
offer to watch Dmitri. Dmitri LOVES their family. He thinks Jake is the
greatest. Jake's a year older than Dmitri, and Dmitri totally looks up to
him. They get along great, and both love superheros. Megan sent me a
text, after she overheard Jake tell Dmitri, that Dmitri is his best friend,
and gave him a hug. I love it! I love that he has great friends around him,
that are a good example to him.
Even today after church, Dmitri snuck into Primary, as we were closing.
He sat on my lap, and right after the prayer, he sees Jake, and runs over
to say hi. Jake gave Dmitri a big hug, which Dmitri just ate up. They're so
cute!
So that mostly makes up our October, thus far. Dmitri and I went on a
treasure hunt, and gathered fun treasures we found on our walk.
The treasures included, a piece of wood, an 'acorn' a penny, some
rocks and some dandelions. So it was good times!

Oh - let me quickly write about my 12 week appt. So I went in, and the
doctor did a full physical and the normal check stuff. Then she went to
listen to the heart beat, but couldn't hear one. I started to worry, but she
assured me it was probably just too early. So she pulled in an ultrasound
machine. They weren't planning to do an ultrasound, which bugged me
a bit - because I remember I LOVED seeing Dmitri so early, and how
active he was, so early on.
So I hoped the ultrasound would be good. She turns it on, and starts to
look around, then finds the baby. We saw it's little heart beating, and it
was dancing around. So I was SO happy I got to see it! And thankful that
everything looked great.
I did end up having to do a 24 hours urine collection, because my blood
pressure is already elevated. So since I ended up with pre-eclampsia with
Dmitri, they want to keep an eye on things.
My blood pressure wasn't very high this past appointment, and I think
part of the problem, is I get so nervous before the take my blood pressure!
I start to worry it'll be high, which doesn't help it... blah!
So hopefully the results come back good!
Lastly, Daniel was promoted to Captain, at the beginning of September!
That was really exciting, and Dmitri loves any chance he gets, to go to
daddy's work.
So proud of Daniel, and his hard work! His co-workers and bosses, have
nothing but good things to say! He is a hard worker, and a dedicated one.
We appreciate all he does for our family! Congratulations babe!

Some video from this past weekend
Basically, September was a bust for us - so I don't have much to
post from it anyway. Mainly, I spent September sleeping. Being
pregnant wipes me out! I honestly could sleep all day... and may
have fallen asleep on the sofa, one too many times. Luckily Dmitri
played fair - for the most part. There were some times, when I
woke up, to pen scribbled where it wasn't supposed to be, and/or
him playing magical cups with water... Blah!
So anywhos... I'll get started on October.
Today, Daniel and I had to speak in Sacrament. Now I know it's
not anyones favorite thing to do... but really - it is NOT my favorite
thing to do. The Bishopric knows this. I've already skirted out of one
talk... But guilt got to me, and I felt bad making Daniel speak alone.
So I accepted.
Because it's not my favorite thing, they allowed me to
pick my own topic. I picked, 'Teaching Our Children.' The past three
weeks have been tough for us. Dmitri has taken on this Hulk persona.
He is pretty chill and laid back, but he's quick to anger, and is stubborn!
{As my parents read this, I know they're saying, "That sounds like you,
Sara!"} Yes - Dmitri is a lot like me.... So needless to say, we have been
butting heads lately. So I felt strongly, that I needed to use my own
trials and experiences for my talk. I found some good info online {LDS.org}
and compiled my talk through there.
After reading and researching, I took what I learned, and felt invigorated.
One of the talks I read through, said to make a list of faults and things
you struggle with. When making my list, I realized every problem I had,
came back to time management. I would get frustrated with Dmitri, when
I managed my time poorly. When I felt stressed, when I felt like I had too
much to do, and too little time. What came of this? When Dmitri wasn't
getting the attention from me, that he craved, he acted out. He'd do things
he knew were wrong, or naughty, just to get my attention. So I started
asking, "Dmitri, do you want me to play/read/sing with you?" The answer
was always, "YES!" Once I started this, I noticed a complete change in him.
I also found myself, able to relax, and enjoy our time together. Even though
I know there will be struggles here and there, I feel like more effort and time
on my part, will be beneficial to us both.
So back to the talks... Daniel had been called to be the Sunday School Pres-
ident, which means he now attends the early morning meetings. He's been
on call at work, this past week, and as he was getting ready for his meeting
at church, he got a call from work, telling him he needed to get there ASAP.
They had some emergency operations come in - and not enough people to
cover. Well, when I found out he was getting out of his talk, I was jealous!
Lucky bum... We woke Dmitri up, and headed out, to take him to work. As
we were about to get on the freeway, worked called, and said he didn't need
to come in after all, because the doctor couldn't make it in. Which is code for,
it really wasn't that big a deal, or emergency, but the person running things
just freaked out. So we turned around, and headed home.
He made it to his meeting, and then came back, and picked Dmitri and I up
for church.
I didn't ask anyone to watch Dmitri for us, instead we took turns sitting with
him, in Sacrament, while the other talked. We picked a great spot, because he
had friends in front and behind us. So they all just played the whole time.
This time around, we luckily had a youth speaker first. Last time we didn't,
and I just assumed me would - so that, plus my speed reading, meant Daniel
had a lot of time to make up. I also wasn't as nervous this time around. Thank
goodness! This meant I was able to read slower, and take up a good amount of
time. When I get nervous, I start to speed read, and/or talk really fast... so my
15 minute talk last time, ended up being 6-7 minutes.... opps! But this time, my
15 minute talk, was about 15 minutes. I was proud of myself! And hope they
don't ask me to speak again! :}
We've been practicing for the Primary Presentation, so we stayed in Sacrament,
last Sunday, and this Sunday to practice. With Conference at the beginning of
the month, we were a little behind practice schedule, so we had to come back at
4, for 2 hours of practice. Oh... I was pooped. 5 hours at church, is a lot! But I'm
so proud of the kids, because they handled it all so well! Even being stuck in the
HOT chapel {air conditioner decided to stop working} for 2 hours.
Today we were also invited to lunch, with some neighbors in our ward. We had
a really good time, and it lead to Dmitri taking a nap - so we can't complain!
Saturday, we ran some errands, and ended up at the pumpkin patch. Dmitri
has been dieing to go! The pumpkin patch here, is a little weird, schedule wise.
They're only open to school groups, the first part of October, and weekdays.
They open to the public, the last 3 weekends in October, and only weekends.
We were a bit worried about the crowd, but it actually wasn't too bad! It was
a cute set up, with a lot of pumpkin fields to pick from.

Dmitri's pumpkin request, a bumpy, bumpy pumpkin! Hmm... we didn't find
a bumpy, bumpy one. But we did find just a bumpy one. So he was satisfied.
Daniel found a really cool pumpkin, and I found a perfect looking pumpkin.
Maybe I'll venture out next year, and buy a white one! :]
Dmitri went down the inflatable slide, twice, and we bought some shave ice,
and headed home.
{he loves goats...}

Rows and rows of banana trees!

It was pretty fun. Dmitri did pretty well. It was hot, but there was a really
good breeze going. Towards the end though, Daniel was carrying all 3 pump-
kins, and I was carrying Dmitri. But we survived!

Trip to Home Depot - hugging Santa

Watching them cute some wood.

Last week, not to much went on. Daniel had Monday off, so we went to the
park, and then did some shopping and eating. Dmitri had gymnastics and
is still enjoying it. His teachers still wont put him and his friend Giuseppe
together {Seppe as Dmitri calls him}, so he was a little bugged about that
last week. Especially when he was the only boy in his group, and the other
group had 3 boys. Poor guy! :}
Oh -
He wasn't intending to hide from me, but I think once he heard us looking,
he thought it was funny... So we had a talk after.
Also, on Thursday I hosted our ward bookclub. Daniel and Dmitri went for
a boys night out, and I had a good time, chatting with good friends!
Last weekend, we went to Toys R Us. It was only Dmitri's second trip. The
first, he was under a year old, so while it was thrilling, it just didn't have the
same affect, as it does a 3 year old.

Pretty much, he loved it! He got distracted by the train table, and wanted to
stay, and play with his friends {basically any kid in his vicinity}, but we
finally got him moving, and we spent 2 hours in there!

I'm happy to report, there was not one tantrum. He was awesome! We let
him get a toy, and he said he wanted a new Thomas train. So we looked at
the trains, and he decided between two - and came home with a shiny new
blue train, named Sidney.

After Toys R Us, we went to lunch at Big City Diner. It hit the spot. I was
craving a yummy BLT - which they didn't have, so Dmitri and I shared a
club sandwich, and some fries - while Daniel had a nice big hamburger,
and some garlic fries. It was yummy!
I did end up having to take Dmitri out early, because he would not stop
jumping around. We kept getting sideways glares from the people sitting
next to us. But after warnings, he just wouldn't let up. So to the car we
went, with him kicking and screaming. Blah.
Last Sunday night we went to a going away party, for a friend. It was a really
fun get together, with lots of toys, friends and yummy food! It's always so
hard getting Dmitri to leave his friends houses. I don't think he'd ever go
home. He just loves other kids, and the companionship. Which is why I
can't wait for baby number two to get here!
While they wont be able to play for a while, I'm excited for him to have a
buddy.
I also had my 12 week appt 2 weeks ago. My friend Megan, was sweet to
offer to watch Dmitri. Dmitri LOVES their family. He thinks Jake is the
greatest. Jake's a year older than Dmitri, and Dmitri totally looks up to
him. They get along great, and both love superheros. Megan sent me a
text, after she overheard Jake tell Dmitri, that Dmitri is his best friend,
and gave him a hug. I love it! I love that he has great friends around him,
that are a good example to him.
Even today after church, Dmitri snuck into Primary, as we were closing.
He sat on my lap, and right after the prayer, he sees Jake, and runs over
to say hi. Jake gave Dmitri a big hug, which Dmitri just ate up. They're so
cute!
So that mostly makes up our October, thus far. Dmitri and I went on a
treasure hunt, and gathered fun treasures we found on our walk.
The treasures included, a piece of wood, an 'acorn' a penny, some
rocks and some dandelions. So it was good times!

Oh - let me quickly write about my 12 week appt. So I went in, and the
doctor did a full physical and the normal check stuff. Then she went to
listen to the heart beat, but couldn't hear one. I started to worry, but she
assured me it was probably just too early. So she pulled in an ultrasound
machine. They weren't planning to do an ultrasound, which bugged me
a bit - because I remember I LOVED seeing Dmitri so early, and how
active he was, so early on.
So I hoped the ultrasound would be good. She turns it on, and starts to
look around, then finds the baby. We saw it's little heart beating, and it
was dancing around. So I was SO happy I got to see it! And thankful that
everything looked great.
I did end up having to do a 24 hours urine collection, because my blood
pressure is already elevated. So since I ended up with pre-eclampsia with
Dmitri, they want to keep an eye on things.
My blood pressure wasn't very high this past appointment, and I think
part of the problem, is I get so nervous before the take my blood pressure!
I start to worry it'll be high, which doesn't help it... blah!
So hopefully the results come back good!
Lastly, Daniel was promoted to Captain, at the beginning of September!
That was really exciting, and Dmitri loves any chance he gets, to go to
daddy's work.
So proud of Daniel, and his hard work! His co-workers and bosses, have
nothing but good things to say! He is a hard worker, and a dedicated one.
We appreciate all he does for our family! Congratulations babe!

Some video from this past weekend




I have heard of those 24 hour urine collection tests, not fun. If they're worried about the pre eclampsia will you have to deliver early? or do a c section?
ReplyDeleteThe same thing happened with me and giving talks. The bishop had to ask me (whom I really like and felt bad saying no to) and I got to pick my own topic.
We love the updates, even though I see you each week! Congrats to Daniel too.
ReplyDeleteWe should think about trick or treating our Captain America's together, eh?