Happy {belated} 4th of July!!
We had an AWESOME 4th of July weekend. Daniel had a four day weekend, and it was so
great!
Friday we spent the morning swimming, and poor Daniel got a nice red sunburn :} Dmitri
loved swimming with him! He wouldn't let Daniel get out and rest, he just wanted to keep
playing! His favorite was when daddy would throw him up in the air, and he'd touch the
bottom of the pool, when he came back down. He was so water logged, but kept asking him
to do it again.
Dmitri did awesome with his swimming! He's putting his face in the water, and after some
bribes, and coaxing, he took his wings off, and swam to the steps!! His wings have definitely
become a security blanket, so we need to work on that... For his bribe, he got to pick out a
water toy at Target. He picked a set of 4 rockets, that you throw and then dive to get. So
this could be good for him... :)

We were there for about 2 hours, and were ready for lunch. Someone was cooking something
that smelled so good, and similar to Costco hotdogs - so that's were we went for lunch.
So we ate our Costco hotdogs... and other yummy Costco treats... and then headed to Target,
to get some groceries.
Since I needed to do some grocery shopping, the plan was; lunch at Costco, Target, then back
to Costco, for the rest of the groceries.
Well, Daniel didn't last too long at Target. We had only been there an hour, and he was tired
of shopping! I think I could spend 4 hours there... So we finished up, and went home. I planned
of going back that afternoon, but ended up going back Saturday - when it was CRAZY busy!
Ohwell.
So I spent Saturday shopping, and getting my hair cut! I cut off almost a foot! I knew I need-
ed to do something with it, because it was just way too long! In two years, I had only cut it
twice. Once I cut 3 inches... then I cut maybe an inch. Which is not very much for two years...
So I went in, with my picture, and had it all chopped off. I asked her to cut it into a pony tail,
so I could donate it. She kept asking me if I was sure, and if I was ready... LOL, yes..... I was
ready! I was sick of it being everywhere!! Here's the {horrible} before, and the after.


I've had a similar cut before, and kept it for about 3 years, so it almost felt like I'd never had
my long hair. One thing she did ask me, if I wanted to get my roots touched up too.... I knew
that was coming... I only have like an inch of outgrowth... boo! But I said no, because I had
sunburned my head on Friday.... I'll have to take care of those pesky roots this week.... :}
After going home and styling it {because I always hate the way they style it} I realized I need-
ed a smaller straightener! So I had to buy that too....
Sunday, we went to church, then just lounged around. We've only been once, in 5 weeks {sick,
stake conference, UT trip}, so it was fun to see my class again! They were a little rowdy,
asking where I'd been and catching up. We also had another class join us, because they didn't
have a teacher. So it was a very chaotic day!!
Our lesson was on how Heavenly Father blesses the Missionaries, and since we don't have any
Missionaries out in our ward, we wrote letters to the current Missionaries, serving in our ward.
The kids had so much fun with it! Especially when the Elders walked by our window, the kids
asked if they could give them the letters now. So we called them in, and gave them our letters
and pictures. They had a lot of fun with it!
So for the forth, we spent the day out and about. We had also picked up some poppers at the
store, on Saturday, so Daniel and Dmitri went poppin'!
Dmitri thought they were so cool! And Daniel's such a boy... he kept throwing them at my
feet, which I hate! Or he'd pop them in his fingers... He said he knew kids who used to pop
them in their teeth. Sick.



Dmitri's favorite thing to do, was jump on them...

We didn't go out and see the fireworks, because we're lame, and didn't want to fight the
crowds and traffic... This year aerial fireworks were outlawed too... so no more crazy war
zone either. Which was something to hope for, since we didn't go out. Ohwell.
I did hear some people setting off fireworks, not too far from us. I went out with Dmitri,
to check it out, and it ended up being a group from our ward!! So we watched their fireworks,
and they let Dmitri pop some confetti poppers.
In the past, he has not been a firework fan. Well, more that he needs to warm up to them.
Because after he warms up, he doesn't want them to stop!
When I took him outside, at first, I had to carry him, and he was holding me so tight, with
his face buried in my shoulder. Once he saw all the other kids having fun, he was in heaven!
Last night he asked if we could see the fireworks again, and he has talked about them non-stop!
So maybe we'll venture out next year... if he likes them so much :)
I took him out an snapped some pics, in patriotic wear... he had a lot to say when I was snapping
these pictures... he was cracking me up! His newest favorite phrase is, "What you think it/this is?" Both the things he's holding in these pictures, he asked, "Kinda acorn?" And when looking
at the water drain, he says, "Kin dirty...." I love to hear what he has to say! And he has a lot to
say..... :}

I love this boy so much! Even when he's getting into everything, and being a stinker! :}

This is from last week... he was crafting. He LOVES Playdoh, and markers. Ever since
watching Blue's Clue's, he has to have his 'Handy Dandy Notebook' at all times! He brought
me something the other day, and asks, "What you think this is? Hmm... Clue's clue?"

So yes, fun weekend! And now to the phone pics!
First... my hair!

So I packed up two BIG rubbermaid bins, full of
toys and stuffed animals. He can make a mess like
no other!
I remember when I was little, and would watch
cartoons. When the character was looking for something,
they just chuck items that were in the way, behind them.
I thought no one really does that. Well... you know who
does that? Dmitri does that.... yes.
So this was the day after packing up his room. I mean,
honestly, the mattress???



Blah.... But still a lot easier to clean!!

We bought Jenga on Saturday. Dmitri thinks it's
his. So he was in the back, talking about his 'blocks'

On the box, there's an illustrated picture, of
the blocks flying around. He says, "Kinda cheetos?"
And.... it made me laugh :}
Dmitri's so silly lately! He's in the 'Mine' stage.
And not the non-sharing mine stage... Anytime
he sees an item he wants, he says, "That's mine?"
Or he'll find an item of mine of Daniel's and say, "Mine!"
I'll tell him it's not his, and he says, "Yea is..." and I'll
say no, it's mommy's. He says, "No not... it's mine."
He's also freaked out by monsters. I have no idea where
it comes from - but all the sudden he's scared of them.
If he hears a loud noise at night, he hides and says, "Monters
coming?" Or if he loses something, he says, Monsters take
my _____?"
I love him! :)
We had an AWESOME 4th of July weekend. Daniel had a four day weekend, and it was so
great!
Friday we spent the morning swimming, and poor Daniel got a nice red sunburn :} Dmitri
loved swimming with him! He wouldn't let Daniel get out and rest, he just wanted to keep
playing! His favorite was when daddy would throw him up in the air, and he'd touch the
bottom of the pool, when he came back down. He was so water logged, but kept asking him
to do it again.

Dmitri did awesome with his swimming! He's putting his face in the water, and after some
bribes, and coaxing, he took his wings off, and swam to the steps!! His wings have definitely
become a security blanket, so we need to work on that... For his bribe, he got to pick out a
water toy at Target. He picked a set of 4 rockets, that you throw and then dive to get. So
this could be good for him... :)

We were there for about 2 hours, and were ready for lunch. Someone was cooking something
that smelled so good, and similar to Costco hotdogs - so that's were we went for lunch.
So we ate our Costco hotdogs... and other yummy Costco treats... and then headed to Target,
to get some groceries.

Since I needed to do some grocery shopping, the plan was; lunch at Costco, Target, then back
to Costco, for the rest of the groceries.
Well, Daniel didn't last too long at Target. We had only been there an hour, and he was tired
of shopping! I think I could spend 4 hours there... So we finished up, and went home. I planned
of going back that afternoon, but ended up going back Saturday - when it was CRAZY busy!
Ohwell.
So I spent Saturday shopping, and getting my hair cut! I cut off almost a foot! I knew I need-
ed to do something with it, because it was just way too long! In two years, I had only cut it
twice. Once I cut 3 inches... then I cut maybe an inch. Which is not very much for two years...
So I went in, with my picture, and had it all chopped off. I asked her to cut it into a pony tail,
so I could donate it. She kept asking me if I was sure, and if I was ready... LOL, yes..... I was
ready! I was sick of it being everywhere!! Here's the {horrible} before, and the after.


I've had a similar cut before, and kept it for about 3 years, so it almost felt like I'd never had
my long hair. One thing she did ask me, if I wanted to get my roots touched up too.... I knew
that was coming... I only have like an inch of outgrowth... boo! But I said no, because I had
sunburned my head on Friday.... I'll have to take care of those pesky roots this week.... :}
After going home and styling it {because I always hate the way they style it} I realized I need-
ed a smaller straightener! So I had to buy that too....
Sunday, we went to church, then just lounged around. We've only been once, in 5 weeks {sick,
stake conference, UT trip}, so it was fun to see my class again! They were a little rowdy,
asking where I'd been and catching up. We also had another class join us, because they didn't
have a teacher. So it was a very chaotic day!!
Our lesson was on how Heavenly Father blesses the Missionaries, and since we don't have any
Missionaries out in our ward, we wrote letters to the current Missionaries, serving in our ward.
The kids had so much fun with it! Especially when the Elders walked by our window, the kids
asked if they could give them the letters now. So we called them in, and gave them our letters
and pictures. They had a lot of fun with it!
So for the forth, we spent the day out and about. We had also picked up some poppers at the
store, on Saturday, so Daniel and Dmitri went poppin'!
Dmitri thought they were so cool! And Daniel's such a boy... he kept throwing them at my
feet, which I hate! Or he'd pop them in his fingers... He said he knew kids who used to pop
them in their teeth. Sick.



Dmitri's favorite thing to do, was jump on them...

We didn't go out and see the fireworks, because we're lame, and didn't want to fight the
crowds and traffic... This year aerial fireworks were outlawed too... so no more crazy war
zone either. Which was something to hope for, since we didn't go out. Ohwell.
I did hear some people setting off fireworks, not too far from us. I went out with Dmitri,
to check it out, and it ended up being a group from our ward!! So we watched their fireworks,
and they let Dmitri pop some confetti poppers.
In the past, he has not been a firework fan. Well, more that he needs to warm up to them.
Because after he warms up, he doesn't want them to stop!
When I took him outside, at first, I had to carry him, and he was holding me so tight, with
his face buried in my shoulder. Once he saw all the other kids having fun, he was in heaven!
Last night he asked if we could see the fireworks again, and he has talked about them non-stop!
So maybe we'll venture out next year... if he likes them so much :)
I took him out an snapped some pics, in patriotic wear... he had a lot to say when I was snapping
these pictures... he was cracking me up! His newest favorite phrase is, "What you think it/this is?" Both the things he's holding in these pictures, he asked, "Kinda acorn?" And when looking
at the water drain, he says, "Kin dirty...." I love to hear what he has to say! And he has a lot to
say..... :}

I love this boy so much! Even when he's getting into everything, and being a stinker! :}

This is from last week... he was crafting. He LOVES Playdoh, and markers. Ever since
watching Blue's Clue's, he has to have his 'Handy Dandy Notebook' at all times! He brought
me something the other day, and asks, "What you think this is? Hmm... Clue's clue?"

So yes, fun weekend! And now to the phone pics!
First... my hair!

So I packed up two BIG rubbermaid bins, full of
toys and stuffed animals. He can make a mess like
no other!
I remember when I was little, and would watch
cartoons. When the character was looking for something,
they just chuck items that were in the way, behind them.
I thought no one really does that. Well... you know who
does that? Dmitri does that.... yes.
So this was the day after packing up his room. I mean,
honestly, the mattress???



Blah.... But still a lot easier to clean!!

We bought Jenga on Saturday. Dmitri thinks it's
his. So he was in the back, talking about his 'blocks'

On the box, there's an illustrated picture, of
the blocks flying around. He says, "Kinda cheetos?"
And.... it made me laugh :}
Dmitri's so silly lately! He's in the 'Mine' stage.
And not the non-sharing mine stage... Anytime
he sees an item he wants, he says, "That's mine?"
Or he'll find an item of mine of Daniel's and say, "Mine!"
I'll tell him it's not his, and he says, "Yea is..." and I'll
say no, it's mommy's. He says, "No not... it's mine."
He's also freaked out by monsters. I have no idea where
it comes from - but all the sudden he's scared of them.
If he hears a loud noise at night, he hides and says, "Monters
coming?" Or if he loses something, he says, Monsters take
my _____?"
I love him! :)




okay, your new hair cut is realllllly cute.
ReplyDeleteSorry if you had to teach my class Sunday, I'm gone for like 10 Sundays this summer. I warned them as I accepted my calling.
I love your hair! Who knew it was SO long?!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know your hair was that long!! I really like your new "do".
ReplyDeleteAndrew's been saying the monster thing too. When he's in a room playing by himself he'll yell "mom I saw a montster over there!"
maybe fireworks are really becoming a thing of the past. oakley doesn't do them on the 4th. brentwood does them for that corn fest thing and antioch is broke and couldn't afford them. sad. and very un patritoic.