Easter pics!
We had a great Easter weekend! Daniel had a 4 day
weekend, which we loved!
We had a rough night, before Easter. Dmitri was a
little too crazy - and ended up shattering 4 glass items
that day! Well... he shattered 3, I shattered 1...
The jelly jar in the fridge... a Pyrex lid I had just got off
Ebay {which I was kind of heartbroken over....} and a
gravy boat I had bought at Savers the day before.
I broke my oil warmer. I can't believe how many of those
we've gone through, since we've lived in this house! Blah.
I planned on dying eggs, and making cookies the night
before Easter, and since Daniel isn't big on egg dying and cookie
decorating.... I sent him to drop off dinner for a family in
our ward, then off to a movie. Unfortunately movie times
didn't work out, so he just checked out a few stores and
came home.
Dmitri is usually into making cookies, and cutting out
the shapes - but that night, all he wanted to do was eat
the dough! He LOVES dough. Not just cookie dough... but
pizza and bread dough too... I don't get it. But I seriously
have to swat his hands away, because he'll be swiping
dough while I'm trying to roll it out...
Our cookies turned out yummy! I didn't have him
help with icing... but he did help with the sprinkles.
After cookies, came egg dying! I had bought some 3D
Toy Story egg wrappers. The good thing, you just use
colored tablets and water. The bad news... the wraps
didn't work....
So we pulled out the crayons... and he opted for more
than just the white crayon. So we had some messy fun!
The wrappers didn't work... but the 3D glasses were fun!
Daniel said I should have used boiling water, and not
just water heated up in the microwave. Hmm....


Again... it was very messy....
Yikes!
Luckily, and surprisingly, the color came off in the bath.
Which might be a plus with using the tablets and water.
Not a bad turnout! We ended up with very colorful
deviled eggs and potato salad!
Onto Easter morning! Dmitri woke up in a grumpy
mood... but as soon as he saw his basket, his bad
mood went out the door, and was replaced with the
biggest - most excited smile!!
Not only did he get his coveted Spiderman basket,
but the Easter Bunny brought him Spiderman eggs!
Which, of course, Dmitri declared each a, daddy,
mommy and Dimy Spiderman egg :} Have I mentioned
he loves things in 3's??
Bunny shaped chalk....
Who know?


So he fell in love with these glow eggs last year,
but last year, I waited too long, and they were
mostly sold out. So he got a little one. This year,
I snagged a large one for him. He was in awe....
He saw this pack of suckers at Target, and said
he needed them in his basket....
So to balance out our sugar intake... we had bunny
pancakes! Well... still loads of sugar - but much
better than straight candy :}
The Easter Bunny brought Daniel and Dmitri
some matching Easter outfits! And if you know
me, you'll know that I'm a sucker for matching!!
I was even more thrilled, that Daniel agreed to
match!! :D
They weren't thrilled I made them take a pic...
The second photo wasn't much better.... :}
So we headed to church, and listened to some great
talks, along with learning more about Jesus Christ's
resurrection. Obviously Dmitri doesn't truly understand
it yet, but thanks to his awesome handout in Nursery,
he was able to tell him about Jesus sleeping... then
waking up. So close enough, for now :)
Once we were home, I started Easter dinner! I
always love holiday meals, and try to make them
like my mom makes them. I'm pretty sure her's is
much better... but at least we had all the staples!

So that was our Easter weekend! It was an
awesome weekend, and we so needed and
enjoyed it!
Some other fun from last week, we went and had
a playdate with some of Dmitri's friends; Parker,
Penelope {Elope as he calls her} and their little
brother Oliver!
I wish I had taken pictures, because he had so
much fun! They love trains, like he does, so he
had fun doing that. They also have a big trampoline,
and once he warmed up to it, he thought it was
so fun!! Thanks for inviting us over!! We had such
a great time!! :D
So Dmitri and I worked on a little project.
He LOVES to write and draw... and I've wanted
to make a chalkboard for awhile. So we finally
got our supplies on Wednesday. MDF and chalkboard
spray paint! It was quick and easy!!
I think he likes it...


So I have been looking for an easel for awhile. No luck
finding one, for a good price. So that's why I made one.
Well... no more than two days later, someone dumped
one in the trash. It works great, and needs the screws
tightened... but I couldn't believe that! It's painted in bold
primary colors, so I'm considering painting it... but we'll see!
Oh - here are just some random pics, of us playing out
front.

I hate these stupid seeds... they attract snails like
nobody's business....



Thursday at playgroup, we celebrated with
Dmitri's friend Isaac! He turned 3, which is a
very fun age! FYI... Dmitri still insists he's 4....
I think it's just so he can ride the scoo bus sooner :}
The pics are backwards... but that's alright! So
here's Dmitri playing in the water, with Parker
and Penelope! Park times always ends with water...
More water....
And cake! He needed a front row view :}
LOL everyone loved the cake - as you can see.
Who doesn't love bagel bites?? :)


The birthday boy, playing with his presents!
Dmitri was jealous of Isaac's presents.... He wanted
his birthday to be here already.
Then he got a little shy - and wouldn't let anyone
take his picture. So he hid next to me...
Happy Birthday Isaac! We had so much fun!! :)
Friday... I woke up, and declared it a beach day!
So to the beach we went! And let me just say, before
there are comments... this is pretty much a waveless
beach lagoon. Also, Dmitri is much closer than the
pics make it out to be!
He LOVES water! He's spend all day in the water,
if he could!
Mommy, daddy and Dimy rocks... :}


LOVE IT!! :D


Getting water for his sand castle... It's hard work :)


Friday night, we also went for sushi! I have a pic
further down. Usually when we go, he falls asleep
in the car, and sleeps through dinner. But not this
night {even after his 2 hours at the beach}. He
thought the conveyor belt was so so awesome!
So Saturday was planned out for us. Daniel went
to do a service project. It was cleaning up a beach.
There was a good turnout, and they got a lot done!
After he got home, we headed to a work party/get
together in Waikiki. Always a fun drive................
But it was really fun! Dmitri was more interested
in the beach, then he was as socializing with 30+
adults :} But the food was great, and we played in
the sand for a bit!
Again... backwards - because this was as we were
leaving.
Dmitri is totally obsessed with school buses! He
wants to ride one so bad! I keep telling him, when
he's 5 he can. But everytime we see one, he says,
"Dimy ride scoo bus now, Mommy?" So he was
thrilled to see one up close - but sad that we couldn't
get on it...
Eating his sugar cookie after dinner.
Daniel snuck a picture of me...
And one of us. Awe :)
Loving his sand time!
And his Sprite time... Our only beverage options
were Sprite or alcohol... so he got Sprite. He was
thrilled beyond thrilled to get soda!
And he enjoyed every last drop.... :}







So we had a pretty fun week! It's getting pretty toasty,
so we'll have some more beach and pool days to post
about! And probably some complaints about the humidity...
Here are some randoms...
He enjoys watching the rotisserie chickens,
turning at Costco...
Sushi night!
Target circle... oh joy.
Being quiet at the library... He knows where the
library is, and whenever we pass it, he ask to stop.
We whittled this stack down to 10 books...
Enjoying Easter hummus... He's so odd. He LOVES
tuna fish, egg salad, and hummus...
Oh - lastly. We tried for a date night, but didn't get
around to getting a babysitter on Monday night.
I figured it we went late enough, Dmitri would fall asleep
on the way there. Which he did. But woke up when
we got him out of the car, and was too excited when he
saw the lights and theater. We saw Water for Elephants,
and each of us saw half the movie... between Dmitri potty
breaks, and him wanting to play on the chairs... not good.
We were the only ones in there for a long while, then 3
other couples came in. Of course they can't sit in any of
the 200 open seats... instead they sit near us... which made
having a loud child worse.... Blah!
Once we got out, and went to the car, we opened the
door and found COCKROACHES!! They were ALL over the
inside of our car!! Not like 1 or 2... like 20! We killed a ton,
and once we were home, Daniel sprayed the car.
The next morning, I cleared out 15 dead cockroach
bodies... and found 4 lives ones throughout the day.
UGH! Luckily they were big ones... but they weren't small
either! I think we parked over a nest. So so nasty!
weekend, which we loved!
We had a rough night, before Easter. Dmitri was a
little too crazy - and ended up shattering 4 glass items
that day! Well... he shattered 3, I shattered 1...
The jelly jar in the fridge... a Pyrex lid I had just got off
Ebay {which I was kind of heartbroken over....} and a
gravy boat I had bought at Savers the day before.
I broke my oil warmer. I can't believe how many of those
we've gone through, since we've lived in this house! Blah.
I planned on dying eggs, and making cookies the night
before Easter, and since Daniel isn't big on egg dying and cookie
decorating.... I sent him to drop off dinner for a family in
our ward, then off to a movie. Unfortunately movie times
didn't work out, so he just checked out a few stores and
came home.
Dmitri is usually into making cookies, and cutting out
the shapes - but that night, all he wanted to do was eat
the dough! He LOVES dough. Not just cookie dough... but
pizza and bread dough too... I don't get it. But I seriously
have to swat his hands away, because he'll be swiping
dough while I'm trying to roll it out...
Our cookies turned out yummy! I didn't have himhelp with icing... but he did help with the sprinkles.

After cookies, came egg dying! I had bought some 3DToy Story egg wrappers. The good thing, you just use
colored tablets and water. The bad news... the wraps
didn't work....
So we pulled out the crayons... and he opted for more
than just the white crayon. So we had some messy fun!
The wrappers didn't work... but the 3D glasses were fun!
Daniel said I should have used boiling water, and not
just water heated up in the microwave. Hmm....



Again... it was very messy....
Yikes!
Luckily, and surprisingly, the color came off in the bath.Which might be a plus with using the tablets and water.
Not a bad turnout! We ended up with very colorfuldeviled eggs and potato salad!
Onto Easter morning! Dmitri woke up in a grumpymood... but as soon as he saw his basket, his bad
mood went out the door, and was replaced with the
biggest - most excited smile!!
Not only did he get his coveted Spiderman basket,but the Easter Bunny brought him Spiderman eggs!
Which, of course, Dmitri declared each a, daddy,
mommy and Dimy Spiderman egg :} Have I mentioned
he loves things in 3's??
Bunny shaped chalk....
Who know?

So he fell in love with these glow eggs last year,but last year, I waited too long, and they were
mostly sold out. So he got a little one. This year,
I snagged a large one for him. He was in awe....
He saw this pack of suckers at Target, and saidhe needed them in his basket....
So to balance out our sugar intake... we had bunnypancakes! Well... still loads of sugar - but much
better than straight candy :}
The Easter Bunny brought Daniel and Dmitrisome matching Easter outfits! And if you know
me, you'll know that I'm a sucker for matching!!
I was even more thrilled, that Daniel agreed to
match!! :D
They weren't thrilled I made them take a pic...
The second photo wasn't much better.... :}
So we headed to church, and listened to some greattalks, along with learning more about Jesus Christ's
resurrection. Obviously Dmitri doesn't truly understand
it yet, but thanks to his awesome handout in Nursery,
he was able to tell him about Jesus sleeping... then
waking up. So close enough, for now :)
Once we were home, I started Easter dinner! I
always love holiday meals, and try to make them
like my mom makes them. I'm pretty sure her's is
much better... but at least we had all the staples!

So that was our Easter weekend! It was anawesome weekend, and we so needed and
enjoyed it!
Some other fun from last week, we went and had
a playdate with some of Dmitri's friends; Parker,
Penelope {Elope as he calls her} and their little
brother Oliver!
I wish I had taken pictures, because he had so
much fun! They love trains, like he does, so he
had fun doing that. They also have a big trampoline,
and once he warmed up to it, he thought it was
so fun!! Thanks for inviting us over!! We had such
a great time!! :D
So Dmitri and I worked on a little project.
He LOVES to write and draw... and I've wanted
to make a chalkboard for awhile. So we finally
got our supplies on Wednesday. MDF and chalkboard
spray paint! It was quick and easy!!
I think he likes it...

So I have been looking for an easel for awhile. No luckfinding one, for a good price. So that's why I made one.
Well... no more than two days later, someone dumped
one in the trash. It works great, and needs the screws
tightened... but I couldn't believe that! It's painted in bold
primary colors, so I'm considering painting it... but we'll see!
Oh - here are just some random pics, of us playing out
front.

I hate these stupid seeds... they attract snails likenobody's business....



Thursday at playgroup, we celebrated withDmitri's friend Isaac! He turned 3, which is a
very fun age! FYI... Dmitri still insists he's 4....
I think it's just so he can ride the scoo bus sooner :}
The pics are backwards... but that's alright! So
here's Dmitri playing in the water, with Parker
and Penelope! Park times always ends with water...
More water....
And cake! He needed a front row view :}
LOL everyone loved the cake - as you can see.
Who doesn't love bagel bites?? :)

The birthday boy, playing with his presents!
Dmitri was jealous of Isaac's presents.... He wantedhis birthday to be here already.
Then he got a little shy - and wouldn't let anyonetake his picture. So he hid next to me...
Happy Birthday Isaac! We had so much fun!! :)Friday... I woke up, and declared it a beach day!
So to the beach we went! And let me just say, before
there are comments... this is pretty much a waveless
beach lagoon. Also, Dmitri is much closer than the
pics make it out to be!
He LOVES water! He's spend all day in the water,if he could!
Mommy, daddy and Dimy rocks... :}

LOVE IT!! :D

Getting water for his sand castle... It's hard work :)

Friday night, we also went for sushi! I have a picfurther down. Usually when we go, he falls asleep
in the car, and sleeps through dinner. But not this
night {even after his 2 hours at the beach}. He
thought the conveyor belt was so so awesome!
So Saturday was planned out for us. Daniel went
to do a service project. It was cleaning up a beach.
There was a good turnout, and they got a lot done!
After he got home, we headed to a work party/get
together in Waikiki. Always a fun drive................
But it was really fun! Dmitri was more interested
in the beach, then he was as socializing with 30+
adults :} But the food was great, and we played in
the sand for a bit!
Again... backwards - because this was as we were
leaving.
Dmitri is totally obsessed with school buses! He
wants to ride one so bad! I keep telling him, when
he's 5 he can. But everytime we see one, he says,
"Dimy ride scoo bus now, Mommy?" So he was
thrilled to see one up close - but sad that we couldn't
get on it...
Eating his sugar cookie after dinner.
Daniel snuck a picture of me...
And one of us. Awe :)
Loving his sand time!
And his Sprite time... Our only beverage optionswere Sprite or alcohol... so he got Sprite. He was
thrilled beyond thrilled to get soda!
And he enjoyed every last drop.... :}






So we had a pretty fun week! It's getting pretty toasty,so we'll have some more beach and pool days to post
about! And probably some complaints about the humidity...
Here are some randoms...
He enjoys watching the rotisserie chickens,turning at Costco...
Sushi night!
Target circle... oh joy.
Being quiet at the library... He knows where thelibrary is, and whenever we pass it, he ask to stop.
We whittled this stack down to 10 books...
Enjoying Easter hummus... He's so odd. He LOVEStuna fish, egg salad, and hummus...
Oh - lastly. We tried for a date night, but didn't getaround to getting a babysitter on Monday night.
I figured it we went late enough, Dmitri would fall asleep
on the way there. Which he did. But woke up when
we got him out of the car, and was too excited when he
saw the lights and theater. We saw Water for Elephants,
and each of us saw half the movie... between Dmitri potty
breaks, and him wanting to play on the chairs... not good.
We were the only ones in there for a long while, then 3
other couples came in. Of course they can't sit in any of
the 200 open seats... instead they sit near us... which made
having a loud child worse.... Blah!
Once we got out, and went to the car, we opened the
door and found COCKROACHES!! They were ALL over the
inside of our car!! Not like 1 or 2... like 20! We killed a ton,
and once we were home, Daniel sprayed the car.
The next morning, I cleared out 15 dead cockroach
bodies... and found 4 lives ones throughout the day.
UGH! Luckily they were big ones... but they weren't small
either! I think we parked over a nest. So so nasty!




Cute pics ! Sounds you guys had a great Easter ! Can't wait to see you guys soon!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys do so many fun things! And was that your vintage pyrex in those easter dinner pictures?
ReplyDeleteThat beach looks AMAZING! I'm so jealous! Your boys look so cute in their matchie ties!!
ReplyDeleteYES! That's my Pyrex :D
ReplyDeleteThis post made me miss the beach....and you guys of course!!:) You are such an awesome mom, Easter looked like a blast!
ReplyDeleteBunny pancakes - what a cute idea! You are awesome. What the roaches? That's like something out of a movie blecchhh!
ReplyDelete