About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Phototabulous!

Sooo... I've gone a little photo crazy the past couple of days.
The first set I took, was to enter Dmitri in a contest {so he
could win a free tie} Unfortunately he didn't win. He was in
the top four, but the owners went with a baby. LOL I guess
he's losing his baby cuteness - and is becoming a real boy! :}

This set, with him in the green plaid, was just practice - for
my photo taking skills. I'm trying to figure out my camera
more, and utilize it's features. I learned some new stuff online
tonight... so there may be more photos tomorrow. Sorry! :]

He also received some awesome Pez dispensers from Papa
and Oma... and bubbles from his Auntie Nen. LOL pics of
the bubbles are below....

Another thing I wanted to try, is bigger pics! I've wanted
bigger pics, but when I'd enlarge them via blogger, they'd
lose resolution, and would blur. So I uploaded to Photobucket,
and then did a resize, followed by copy and paste. I'm quite
happy with it! Though I did have to change my blog layout
around, in order to accommodate the larger photos.
I kinda like though! I think it's growing on me :]
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/11_IMG_1417-2.jpg?t=1301647735
Someone has a new obsession, with Pez...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/pez-1.jpg?t=1301648082

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/1_IMG_1600-1.jpg?t=1301648134

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/1_IMG_1478-1.jpg?t=1301648189

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/1_IMG_1595-1.jpg?t=1301648434
These are the pictures for the contest. I was supposed
to submit a pic of him, wearing one of their items... so
the tie. Daniel said his tie blended too much with his shirt.
I agree... but ohwell! You can still see it :]
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/train-1.jpg?t=1301648503
The pic on the left, with him starring to the left, is
the one I entered.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/train_2-1.jpg?t=1301648541
And this one I like. It looks like he's channeling Elvis!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/1_IMG_1309-1.jpg?t=1301648722

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/1IMG_1342-1.jpg?t=1301648766
So more picture fun! These are just for the heck
of it... and to document what we've been doing.

So Dmitri helped me make cupcakes the other day.
He poured all the ingredients in the mixing bowl,
and then he helped me crack the eggs. He was a
little over zealous with the eggs... and the whole shell
fell in the bowl. He just said, "OOoooh..." So we had
a few egg shells... LOL I just decided against my
original plan, of giving the cupcakes away. I wouldn't
want anyone to bite into a shell. Well... anyone that
isn't family at least :}

He also picked the color - since we used white cake.
He opted for yellow... and maybe added a few more
drops than needed. So they came out looking like
yellow cake cupcakes. But they were still tasty.
Especially after they were dipped in coconut! So here are the contents of his care package. He was
very excited!! When I brought the box in, and showed
him - he said, "For Dimy?!" And then ripped it open.

He had to tell me everything he got, as well as show me.
Then he spent the rest of the night, lining up his goodies,
and admiring them.
I stole one of his Pez dispensers... to practice some
bokeh! See... I have some circles going on in the
background! :]
Okay... so I ran to Costco Tuesday night, and
Daniel and Dmitri played with his new colored
bubbles. LOL they are VERY colorful!
Luckily they're very washable... so no harm
done. And Dmitri thinks they're the funnest thing ever!Also yesterday... Dmitri and I had movie time.
We watched 'The Black Cauldron.' I had never seen
it, but it was on Ebay for .99. So I figured why not.

It was alright. I'm just glad I only paid .99 for it...That morning Dmitri told me he wanted to wear a pirate shirt.
So he's wearing a pirate shirt... and looking at his 'pirate'
map. IE the DVD insert for 'Lord of the Rings II'

And... relaxing.So. Mister Destructo is back. I forgot to blog about this in the
last post. So one afternoon... I went to use the bathroom.
I was gone for MAYBE a minute. In that time, Dmitri
managed to crack the tv. He found a vacuum hose extension tube,
nice hard plastic tube, and smacked the tv.
It was the day of the tsunami warning... and the day Daniel had
to stay an hour late at work.
My jaw literally dropped. I didn't know what to say or do.
All that came out of my mouth was yelling. Daniel was
mad that he worked late... because this happened 10 minutes
before he walked in the door. So he said he could have
prevented it. Blah. Can't a mom go pee, and trust that the
house wont be destroyed when she comes back?! Boys.
So along with the tv... today he was on a roll. While I was
cleaning the bathroom, Dmitri was on our bed playing with
my phone. Good enough distraction, right? Nope. He found
some scissors on the desk {scissors that are usually hidden}
and decided to cut holes into our comforter. A comforter I
bought just a month ago. Also the comforter he stained with
red permanent marker the week before. I think it's jinxed.
But yes... he cut the hole so deep, that it went through to the
sheets.
So after that... he pooped on his bedroom floor - and he
has not done that in a LONG time. He also decided to pee
on his floor, when he was in timeout. That's his thing... if
he's naked {which he usually is, because he takes his clothes
off, the minute I put them on him}, he'll pee on the floor
while in timeout. Blah! So that's his naughty streak.

And to show his sweet side again... here's sickie Dmitri.
Last weekend, he had a fever and was laying around. There
was a cough here of there, but no other symptoms. So he
just laid on the sofa most the day Saturday, and then stayed
home with Daniel in Sunday. Luckily it only lasted 2 days, and
he didn't end up with Daniel's horrid cold from the week before.
Poor Daniel. He'd wake up in the middle of the night, because
his throat was so swollen, he couldn't breath :( But thank
goodness that passed - and we're a healthy house again!

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute pics of Dmitri! He such a cute boy. You did a great Job taking those cute pics of him. he is growing up so fast!

    Taylor new thing for now he love taking his clothes off and pee on the floor once a while and I hate cleaning it. Another thing he did I went to his bedroom and he had nothing on him. He took clothes of and his diaper off, Good thing i'ts just pee:) I think Dmitri and Taylor are same like . I think we have Active boys. :) Taylor never and never stop at all.He just love running around:) It's so much fun having boys. :) Can't wait to seeing you guys in May!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such darling pictures!! Cracked the TV? Crazy!! They all have to get their twos out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that he didn't win. are you going to try again next month?
    Where did you get the color bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete