Well... where to start? There has been some baking
going on. There has been some coloring going on.
There has been some sickness going on. As well as
some other randoms.
I was hit with some cold or allergy... or something
last week! I started feeling something on Monday,
and it was still there Tues... but come Weds I felt
a ton better! So with that, I went to Stroller Strides.
I felt fine during... but Thurs the next morning, yea.
It was back with a vengeance! So I laid low Thurs
and Fri.
Saturday I ventured out, and did some thrifting
{in search of vintage Pyrex}. Just being out for a
few hours... I started to feel woozy. Seriously - when
you get light headed just breathing... go back to bed!
So back to laying low. Sunday though, I headed to
church - because the possibilities of finding a teacher
that last minute - pretty slim. I did feel a bit better
though. Someone mentioned it could be the vog that's
blowing over from the big island. About this time each
year, the volcanos there let out gases and they send
pollutants over this way. So maybe since I've been
outside a lot more - I'm feeling the affects of that.
It's still lingering. But definitely and improvement.
I'm not blowing my nose nearly as much! :}
So I've started stroller strides - and it's pretty
fantastic. I have to walk there - since we're still
down to one car... so my legs are pretty spent by
the time we start the actual working out. But I'm
really enjoying it! And Dmitri loves the friend and
park time.
To counter act my working out... I've been baking!
Heaven forbid I lose a stinkin' pound! Blah blah...
But they were tasty! And limited myself to two!
Okay... three....
And we splurged on some root beer floats! Dmitri's
first... and he was a FAN!
Our garden is growing nicely! Our peppers were
the last to sprout - but they came through last
week. Our carrots and lettuce are still growing
nicely!
I do have one flower pot... that the flowers
aren't doing so good. The snails will not leave it
alone!! I scoop a snail out of it every couple days.
It's driving me nuts... but so far they just want
that one plant... so maybe that's a plus.

I've started a blog project with my friend Lauren.
It's a blog that will offer some of the best recipes,
DIY's, crafts... etc, along with some stuff we do
ourselves! You can check it out here. It's called
The BADD blog... Blog Addicts Daily Digest. So
check it out - and follow us!! :D
So yea - that's pretty much all we've got going on.
Daniel is still working hard! This past week was
a little rough for him. They're end up changing his
room - and he'd be all by himself, when he's
supposed to be shadowing an OR nurse still. But
he's handled it pretty well - and they're starting
to give him more responsibility... which he's not
totally excited about :}
Some recent happenings... Dmitri and I went to
a pool playdate yesterday. We've had some rain
this week - so it was nice to get out and have
some warm sun beating down on us!
Dmitri decided to have a go at no water wings.
I had taken his wings off... because we were
getting ready to go. He went to stand on the stairs
in the pool, and I was watching him. I turned my
head for a second - and turn back to see him
completely under water! He had swam out a couple
feet - and my heart jumped! Then I realized
{as I was running to get him of course} that he
was kicking his legs, and had completely turned
himself around... and was heading back towards
the stairs! So he hadn't panicked too much - and
was still able to realize he needed to head back.
I pulled him out of the water, and he started crying.
But after I wrapped him in a towel and gave him
a hug, he was back to playing around and being
crazy. A scary moment though!
Last night we had the missionaries over. I swear,
all day, time was not on my side!
My oven turned against me... and the fire alarm
went off a time or two... so pizza! Yep - made a
mad dash to Little Caesars, because I needed
fast! Like 5 minutes... But they were happy with
that - and they were good company. So the
night ended up working out nicely!
So yea... some pics from swimming - before the
no water wings incident!
{he takes after me... not a fan of hot tubs. Too hot!}
I could not get enough of this swimsuit!!!

See? Adorableness!!


I jumped in the shower after swimming... and
came out to find a food drunken and tired Dmitri.
He had gotten into the leftovers, from our swim
party lunch.
And some random pics, from coloring the other
day. Admiring his work.

He drew a nice picture for me. If you don't know
what it is... he said it's a turtle swimming. Of course! ;)
Love this boy!
going on. There has been some coloring going on.
There has been some sickness going on. As well as
some other randoms.
I was hit with some cold or allergy... or something
last week! I started feeling something on Monday,
and it was still there Tues... but come Weds I felt
a ton better! So with that, I went to Stroller Strides.
I felt fine during... but Thurs the next morning, yea.
It was back with a vengeance! So I laid low Thurs
and Fri.
Saturday I ventured out, and did some thrifting
{in search of vintage Pyrex}. Just being out for a
few hours... I started to feel woozy. Seriously - when
you get light headed just breathing... go back to bed!
So back to laying low. Sunday though, I headed to
church - because the possibilities of finding a teacher
that last minute - pretty slim. I did feel a bit better
though. Someone mentioned it could be the vog that's
blowing over from the big island. About this time each
year, the volcanos there let out gases and they send
pollutants over this way. So maybe since I've been
outside a lot more - I'm feeling the affects of that.
It's still lingering. But definitely and improvement.
I'm not blowing my nose nearly as much! :}
So I've started stroller strides - and it's pretty
fantastic. I have to walk there - since we're still
down to one car... so my legs are pretty spent by
the time we start the actual working out. But I'm
really enjoying it! And Dmitri loves the friend and
park time.
To counter act my working out... I've been baking!
Heaven forbid I lose a stinkin' pound! Blah blah...
But they were tasty! And limited myself to two!
Okay... three....
And we splurged on some root beer floats! Dmitri'sfirst... and he was a FAN!
Our garden is growing nicely! Our peppers werethe last to sprout - but they came through last
week. Our carrots and lettuce are still growing
nicely!
I do have one flower pot... that the flowersaren't doing so good. The snails will not leave it
alone!! I scoop a snail out of it every couple days.
It's driving me nuts... but so far they just want
that one plant... so maybe that's a plus.


I've started a blog project with my friend Lauren.It's a blog that will offer some of the best recipes,
DIY's, crafts... etc, along with some stuff we do
ourselves! You can check it out here. It's called
The BADD blog... Blog Addicts Daily Digest. So
check it out - and follow us!! :D
So yea - that's pretty much all we've got going on.
Daniel is still working hard! This past week was
a little rough for him. They're end up changing his
room - and he'd be all by himself, when he's
supposed to be shadowing an OR nurse still. But
he's handled it pretty well - and they're starting
to give him more responsibility... which he's not
totally excited about :}
Some recent happenings... Dmitri and I went to
a pool playdate yesterday. We've had some rain
this week - so it was nice to get out and have
some warm sun beating down on us!
Dmitri decided to have a go at no water wings.
I had taken his wings off... because we were
getting ready to go. He went to stand on the stairs
in the pool, and I was watching him. I turned my
head for a second - and turn back to see him
completely under water! He had swam out a couple
feet - and my heart jumped! Then I realized
{as I was running to get him of course} that he
was kicking his legs, and had completely turned
himself around... and was heading back towards
the stairs! So he hadn't panicked too much - and
was still able to realize he needed to head back.
I pulled him out of the water, and he started crying.
But after I wrapped him in a towel and gave him
a hug, he was back to playing around and being
crazy. A scary moment though!
Last night we had the missionaries over. I swear,
all day, time was not on my side!
My oven turned against me... and the fire alarm
went off a time or two... so pizza! Yep - made a
mad dash to Little Caesars, because I needed
fast! Like 5 minutes... But they were happy with
that - and they were good company. So the
night ended up working out nicely!
So yea... some pics from swimming - before the
no water wings incident!
{he takes after me... not a fan of hot tubs. Too hot!}
came out to find a food drunken and tired Dmitri.
He had gotten into the leftovers, from our swim
party lunch.
day. Admiring his work.
what it is... he said it's a turtle swimming. Of course! ;)




I wish I could grow a garden. the soil here is awful and lets just face it, I don't have the patience to get out and weed.
ReplyDeleteExcited for your new blog!
Well... we're not allowed to plant in the ground, so all my stuff is in pots. Helps with weeds... and you can buy the perfect soil ;)
ReplyDeleteI bought some pet safe snail bait at home depot that seems to be working. Because we are so moist out here on the peninsula in Daly City we have snails all year long. I've had the bait on the soil for the last few weeks and it seems to be working. My flowers are still intact. You should check your local garden supply for some pet safe snail bait. Or use the good old beer in a pan tri
ReplyDelete