About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wonderful weekend...

I always love the weekend! Even though I'm home
with Dmitri during the week, the weekends still
feel special. Especially now the Daniel doesn't have
to worry about working on Saturday or Sunday
anymore.

They're also nice, because Daniel woke up with Dmitri
on Saturday morning, and I got to sleep in a bit. It
was pretty great :) Mostly because I had a late night,
that involved thisOh - and watching Eclipse with my hubs. It was pretty
nice!

We started our Saturday off with french toast for
breakfast. I've been letting Dmitri help me cook a lot
more. He'll pull a chair up to the counter, and he's
ready to go! Sometimes he gets a little to excited,
but otherwise it's been a good experience.

He enjoyed making the french toast, and giving the
bread an egg bath.We also made scrambled eggs... and he was in heaven,
with all the egg cracking!Saturday, we also made a Target trip... for some
outdoor Christmas lights.
While we were driving, I noticed a ton of police
cars, and a couple firetrucks... all with lights
flashing. There were so many, I thought there was
a standoff in that neighborhood! Daniel said it looked
like a movie set... and we came to the conclusion,
that they were filming Hawaii Five 0. They had
been filming all around our side of the island the
whole week.
I was too far to see anything really good, but I
snapped a pic anyway ;)We maybe ended up buying more than we had
planned, like stuff to make a wreath, but we still
saved, because it was still cheaper that buying a
pre-made one.So I worked on my wreath, with some Dmitri help
{more like he'd steal my ornaments, and chuck them
in the tree... because he didn't have any hook for
them...

While we did that, Daniel got to go to the dentist.
He had to get fitted for his crown.
Not super fun for him, but that means he's almost
done with his dental stuff.

Sunday was Stake Conference, so we thought it
was a good day to take our Christmas card pics.
I wanted a more woodsy background, so we
drove around a bit, until we found something
suitable. It happened to be a camping around,
and it smelled fantastic - because there were
some campfires going.

We got some good ones, and luckily, Dmitri
cooperated this year - unlike last year. Thank
goodness - because lasts years wasn't so good.
I had to choose the only decent pics, that had
his arms flailing, and him screaming. Whateves.

But this year was good! And I ordered these
bigger, for our wall.Later in the afternoon, I also took some pics
for our friends, the Browns. They're pretty
adorable.
We went to Ko Olina... and it was beautiful.
I absolutely love it there!So I have promised Dmitri, about a million and
one times, that we'd make sugar cookies. He was
very excited!
I have always hated making them... they just
didn't seem worth the trouble, and maybe it was
my impatience... but I didn't like having to chill
the dough.
But I figured Dmitri would enjoy it... so I found
a recipe, and let me tell you... they are so easy
to make! I don't know why I had such an aversion.
It was fun, and they are tasty!
Dmitri helped me make the dough, then we chilled
it, and ran to the store. By the time we were back,
the dough was ready to be rolled. He got a little over excited with cutting them...
so I'd have to grab his hand I make sure he wasn't
making cutouts all over the place. We also iced them. He decided we use all the colors,
of course... and some sprinkles.
He'd drop the cookie in the icing, and then I'd take
them out. We had a couple upside downers... but
they all turned out pretty good :)I think this will be a much loved tradition,
Dmitri and I had fun making them, and Daniel
had fun eating them :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds you guys had a great weekend! I'm planning on making yummy sugar cookies pretty soon. Cute family pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent Saturday night watching Eclipse, too! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sugar cookies turned out great! Makes me want some. And French toast.

    ReplyDelete