About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, December 3, 2010

A day of exceptions...

Yesterday was not a fun day for Daniel or Dmitri.
Daniel had to go in and get a root canal, and Dmitri
had his 2 years check up, which meant shots.

On the good side, Daniel got to come home early. I
always love when he's home with us during the day!

So Daniel's appointment was actually at 9:30, but
he thought it was 11... so he missed his first appt,
and had to reschedule. The only time they had open
was 1:40... the exact same time as Dmitri's appt...

We left early, and dropped Daniel off, then Dmitri
and I headed over to the hospital.
The hospitals parking is pretty ridiculous... I've had
to circle for 45 minutes before, trying to find a
spot. But this time, I was busy talking to Dmitri, and
actually drove past two empty spots! Oh course I
couldn't back up, because everyone behind you wants
that open spot. So I just kept going, and found a spot
further up. It was close to the elevator... so that
worked out.

Once we got inside the hospital, Dmitri remembered
where we were, and why... I tried to pep talk him
before we went in, hoping he'd be fine with everything.
But, I have no idea who this child turned into!!
They called him back to get measured and weighed
{if you read my post on Disneyland, you'd know how
he feels about that}, and he screamed bloody murder!!
I tried to calm him down, but he was freaking out! It
was worse than Disneyland... they ended up putting
him on the infant scale, so he was laid down, and then
measuring him there too. He had to even be held down.
I don't know why, but I was laughing... lol I just could
not believe how he was acting! And I kept telling them,
he's never acted like this... blah blah blah. They were
probably like "Sure lady, just get your crazy kid outta
here..."
One of the nurses doing the pre stuff, actually used to
be on Daniel's old floor... and played kickball also.
So it was nice having someone there, that could verify
this crazy child wasn't the normal Dmitri! X}
He gave Dmitri a couple Thomas stickers, and we were
on our way, to wait to be called back again.
Oh, so while they were doing the pre stuff, they needed
to check his heart rate and temperature. He didn't
want them to touch him... and I told him they weren't
going to hurt them... but how about I cover your eyes?
So I put my hand over his eyes, and he sat there, let
them but the finger monitor on his finger, and then
also checked his temp. The nurse said she had never
seen a child calm down when they're eyes were covered.
And neither had I! Isn't that something you do with
alligators to calm them down, not little boys!

When we were done with that, Dmitri calmed down,
and played with his trains, while we waited... which
wasn't too long. So we were called back, to the exam
room - and once we got in there, Dmitri wanted me
to hold him. He was holding onto me so tight!
The girl we saw first, was the doctors assistant, so
she listened to his heart, did a little exam, and talked
with us. Then she left to get the doctor. Once she was
gone, Dmitri got up and explored the room. They had
a bunch of toys in there - so he decided it wasn't too
bad.
Once the doctor came in, he was still doing pretty
good, and he let her do a couple things, then she
moved us to another room. And he then wanted to
be held again. But he let her do all the stuff she needed
to do.

We got a little break, before shots, so we read some
books and watched Disney.
Then they called us back. I had him hand the nurse
his shot record, thinking he'd warm up to them, or
be okay... which he was, until he had to sit on the bed,
then lay down. He HATES the part where he has to
lay down, because he knows what's coming... and he
screamed bloody murder again...
Once shots were done, he got Toy Story band-aids,
and another Thomas sticker... and he was on his
way. He even gave the nurses a polite goodbye

When he sat back in his stroller, he told me the shots
hurt. I asked him if he was better now, or if his legs
still hurt. He told me no, they didn't hurt... and then
spent the whole ride {to pick up Daniel} telling me
about his band-aids... and they characters that were
on them.
And then started again once Daniel was in the car :}

Daniel's appointment went good. He'd never had
a root canal before, and asked me what to expect.

But he did fine. I guess he has 4 nerves, instead of
the normal 3, so they gave him a lot of shots. Poor
guy :(
While he was waiting for us to get him, he stopped
by Great Harvest bread, and picked up some
Cinnamon Burst {Cinnamon Chip here} bread. Yum!

So come dinner time, I was about to start cooking,
and Dmitri informed me he wanted, "ceyal" for dinner.
Mmm... alright. I made an exception, and he had
cereal... in front of the tv. Daniel and I are bad
examples, and will eat on the sofa sometimes, so
Dmitri wants to as well.
The compromise is that he can sit on the floor,
with a mat under him. So he was pretty happy.Daniel decided he'd rather have french toast, made
out of the Cinnamon Burst bread. Soooo... we all
had breakfast for dinner. We made an exception,
since they both had more shots then they had
wanted that day... :}

So I spent last night crafting. It was nice to get
my sewing machine out again :)
I'll post picks, after I mail them out to their
recipients.

His war wounds...I don't know who this kid is... he looks too old to
be Dmitri!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy. We are done with Andrews shots until he goes to kindergarten (I think). I wonder when they start doing shots in the arm rather then the legs....? Yuck, I have to get my whooping cough shot after delivery. I'm not looking forward to it.
    And WHY do the dr's see you then send you back out several times? It seems to me like they're prolonging the afraidness.

    ReplyDelete