About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We tell lies...

We've had a good week thus far. Nothing too
interesting to report. But we have had a lot
of time to play!

Monday, Dmitri and I walked to the grocery
store. He willingly sat in his stroller - because
I told him we wouldn't go to the park if he
didn't.

So we grabbed some groceries, and an Icee,
and headed to the park.
It was empty, except for some odd couple
sitting on the stairs. But they left shortly
after we got there.
At the park, there's a little counter under
the slides. Dmitri kept asking me to 'order'
food. So I'd order something, and he'd ask
for my money. I'd pretend to take money
out of my pocket, and give it to him.
Then, he'd put the money into on of the
windows behind the counter, and from the
other window, he'd grab my food and give
it to me. This went on for a bit....We had to leave the park, because Dmitri
pooped his pants... which was a good thing,
because he was happy to leave, so he could
get changed. No tears and screaming is good!
{telling me he pooped :}
Once we got home, I just started dinner,
and waited for Daniel to get home.
It was a very nice evening! :)

Yesterday, we had a visitor. Our friend
Averie came to play for a bit.
Dmitri was super excited. He's usually
really good at sharing, and is really good with
Averie, but he did act up a couple times. Like
when she found his rubber ducks, and he
took them from her, and hid them in the fridge.
Oy.
Otherwise it was a good time! We watched
Finding Nemo, and had some lunch.

When Averie's mommy and brother dropped
her off yesterday, and then left, Dmitri
runs to me and says "Oh no! Averie, forgot
Averie!" I had to tell him she was staying to
play, and if he wanted her to play with him.
He said "Yea mom, I play with Averie."I guess playing with Averie wiped Dmitri
out, because he was asleep before 7! And he
only woke up briefly during the night.
He was reading books... and it got super quiet.
I go check on him, and he was sound asleep
cuddling with a book. Comfy enough I guess :}
Ugh... and he woke up at a quarter to 5 this
morning!! So we laid in bed and watched
Playhouse Disney.I was already semi awake this morning. It
was pouring rain... so it woke me up. It's
been raining off and on today, but is mostly
sunny.
I wouldn't mind a good rainy day, or two.
I haven't had one of those since leaving CA
5 years ago. But oh well.

Today Daniel has a dentist appointment.
He has to get a crown - and then another
appointment tomorrow... along with Dmitri.
But Dmitri's is his 2 year well baby. We're
a little behind, after our trip to UT... :}
It should be interesting, since Daniel works
before his appointment, and will have to
come home and get Dmitri and I, then head
back to work. Blah... and yes, we've been
looking at cars....

So a little this and that...
Dmitri has started watching movies. This
is big for him. He'd never sit more than 10
minutes during a movie.
He can now last up to a half hour, take a
break, then come back to it.

Some of his favorites include;
Dumbo, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Thomas
{or as he says "TAAmas"} and Beauty and
the Beast.

It works nicely for me - and makes it easier
to get things done.

So since Disneyland {he still talks about
all the things we did, and going with Fifi}
He has been into Dumbo and Tigger.
I got this big Tigger when I had the chicken
pox {age 5}. He's been in Dmitri stuffed
animal bin - but Dmitri never had any interest
in him.
Well, when we got home and Dmitri saw him,
he immediately reminded me that he and
Fifi hugged Tigger and Pooh Bear. And since
then, Tigger is one of his faves!
Yesterday, Dmitri, Tigger and Woody got to
play cowboys - then he laid them down for
a nap.Alright, and lastly, about our lies. Dmitri
has always been a good eater. But as he's
gotten older, and tasted more sweetie stuff,
he has decided he likes the sweeter side of
life.
So he'll ask for candy, cookies, cake and bites
{bites are what he calls popsicles}.
MMmm... since so many sweets are not good
for anybody, let alone a two year old, we have
started lying to him.
Frozen fruit are bites... kids Cliff bars and
granola bars are candy bars, and homemade
pumpkin and banana bread are cake. He's
caught on with a few of them... but mostly
it works!
And hopefully it'll continue to do so ;)
Oh... and Dmitri likes to open the fridge
and stack the glass jars when I'm not in
the kitchen... He's already broken one...

1 comment: