The beginning of the week started off with some
major grocery shopping!
I had to wait until Daniel got home on Tuesday,
so I could take the car to Costco and get all my
necessary ingredients.
{this one car thing is not as easy as I had thought}
Luckily for me, Costco wasn't too bad. Still busy,
but not too bad.
I loaded up on groceries, and then headed to the
car. I opened my trunk, and there was a Goodwill
bag and Dmitri's stroller... taking up much needed
space! And I still had to make another stop.
But I made it work...
So that night, I got my very first spray tan! It was
pretty awesome, and the results were pretty
stinkin' great!
My good friend Lauren does spray tanning, and
I got to be a guinea pig! Which worked out...
because after being out of the sun for 3 months, I
definitely needed some color!
Dmitri came with me, and played with his friends
Aiden and Averie. Though he was much more
interested in what I was doing, standing in a tent
in the backyard, than watching Polar Express with
Aiden. He kept saying "Mommy, out." LOl he wasn't
a fan. But I was!
I couldn't stop checking out my legs and face the
next day! I meant to take a pic and post it, but I
guess I'll have to sign up for another session! :)
So Wednesday, I had to run to the store for sweet
potatoes. I didn't think they'd be sold out, but I
was worried the good ones would be gone!
Well, since the grocery store is like a mile away,
why not walk?
Mmm... I decided not to take the stroller and let
Dmitri walk. This boy does not want to be held, or
even sit in the stroller... but I guess the heat got
to him... because I had to carry him halfway to the
store, and ALL the way back! Ugh! I was pouring
sweat!
Luckily, right after the grocery store, we stopped
for some frozen yogurt. So that gave me a good
start on our walk back. Next time... I will force him
to sit in a stroller!
The rest of Wednesday, I spent making pies. As
well as prepping for the other dishes I was bring-
ing to Thanksgiving.
My house smelled so tasty, but was boiling hot!
Egh.
Wednesday night, I snuck out in search of an
egg dish {deviled eggs}. I had it in my head to
look at Goodwill, so I headed over there. Lo and
behold, green and red tag items where .99 and
blue tags were 50% off! Hello! Walked away with
a good enough egg dish, some awesome quilted
pillowcases {did you know I have an obsession
with old quilted pillowcases?}, a brand new book
for Dmitri {it has Ferdinand the Bull, Corduroy,
Madeline, Pooh Bear and some others. The books
pretty big, and was marked at $2.99. And I got it
for .99! Fantastic!
I was tempted to get a pair of awesome Chinese
Laundry shoes {excellent condition}, but they
were a bit tight. Thinking back, I wish I had grabbed
them :[
Thursday, Thanksgiving day, I started the rest
of my cooking. And I will pat myself on the back,
I don't like sweet potatoes - but I made the best
sweet potatoes! I loved them! I can't speak for
everyone else... but I loved them! :]
Daniel woke up early to go play football at church.
There was actually a really good turn out! There
were like 60 people, and they had a couple different
games going.
Daniel had some guy run into him... and Daniel's
tooth jammed into the guys forehead.
The guy was bleeding pretty bad, and Daniel
ended up with a fat lip, and his front tooth getting
knocked back a bit. So far it looks fine, but he said
it just felt bruised.
He called me just as I was getting out of the shower,
asking me to get a bunch of his first aid stuff out.
He gave me minimal details on the phone, so I was
a little panicked he'd come home with a tooth missing,
or that he was the one bleeding. So I'm glad that
wasn't the case! But he grabbed some stuff, then
headed back to church and glued the guys forehead
back together.
On the plus side, his team won their game :)
Once he got back from football, we watched the
Thanksgiving Day parade. Dmitri's favorite,
the Buzz Lightyear float. He was a fan. And when
Santa came at the end, I talked him up to Dmitri,
so Dmitri was waving a screaming "HI SANTA!!"
Hopefully this years Santa pics, will be sans tears ;)
Alright... so this year we had Thanksgiving with
our wonderful friends, Jon, Lauren, Aiden & Averie.
We loaded the car with all the dishes, and headed
over around noon, to their house.
We probably had more then enough food, and
it was all delicious!
I found out last year, that I am a huge fan of
green bean casserole. I had never had it until last
year, and I am obsessed! So Lauren made some
this year - and I got my fill! Love it!
But we had a great time! The kids played, hubs
watched football, girls cooked, chatted and had
a great time!
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Dmitri took a late 2 hours nap once we got home,
so he was awake later than usual. So we spent Thurs
night eating chips and dip, drinking hot chocolate
and watching Rudolph. It was pretty prefect.
Friday... we did not a dang thing. Daniel had a four
day weekend - and it was so nice!
We're not black Friday people. I'd like to be, but
the thought of the crowds freak me out!
So we stayed in, and watched Christmas movies
and decorated.
Saturday we did venture out a bit. Daniel stayed
back, while Dmitri and I met up with Lauren, Aiden
and Averie at Costco. We had lunch and grabbed a
few things, then headed to Home Depot to check out
supplies for possible crafts.
I have been wanting to make this tea light holder
since I saw it... so I grabbed the supplies while I
was there. They didn't have any maple, so I had to
go with pine.
I went home, and immediately started sanding.
It took a long while {by hand. I need a power sander}
and once it was nice and smooth, Daniel drilled the
holes. Not an easy task. So I'm glad he offered to do
it for me. The wood would splinter off, and almost
stop the drill. So it was fun, making 5 holes.
I thought I had stain, but I didn't. So the impatient
person that I am, just spray painted it black, and
distressed it.
Distressing took the moderness out of it a bit, but
I'm still very happy with the turnout!
Dmitri wanted to help too... :]
Sunday, was my first day back teaching my class
{after being gone 3 months}. So my morning was
a bit hectic - making sure I had everything.
Church went well. Dmitri had a slight freak out
going into Nursery... but his teacher said he was
back into the swing of things after 5 minutes. So
not too bad!
My class was good, some craziness as before. And
we're into my favorite lessons - Christmas! :)
So that was our Thanksgiving week/end. And it
was lovely!
We missed our family and friends back in Utah,
but are so grateful for the friendships we have
here in Hawaii! We have been so blessed!
{if you didn't notice, it's snowing on my blog. And it's pretty fantastic}
Aiden giving Dmitri lesson on riding his Thomas
bike

Waiting for dinner... and making bubbles
with their apple juice
I think Averie's pretty awesome :)
Not the most flattering picture of me... but
these kiddies are adorable!
A little splash of tanning glow ;)
Dima 'helping' make the tea light holders
Working....
The end result...

It cost $2.37 for one 2x4. And I had it cut into 2 foot
sections. So I came home with 4 sections altogether.
How cheap is that?! :D
Some darlings at Costco
These two are a force to be reckoned with... they
are two of a kind!
So, side note about these pajamas. I saw them
on someones blog - and pretty much had to have
them. So much that I went searching high and low!
Found out they were from Gap - but couldn't find
them in the store, and Dmitri's size was sold out
online. I've been wanting them for a few months
now, and have been looking at ebay. Well - I found
a pair on there! The perfect size at a steal of a price!
And brand new! I was elated!! And they are as darling
as I had imagined :)
PS... this is post #400 :]
major grocery shopping!
I had to wait until Daniel got home on Tuesday,
so I could take the car to Costco and get all my
necessary ingredients.
{this one car thing is not as easy as I had thought}
Luckily for me, Costco wasn't too bad. Still busy,
but not too bad.
I loaded up on groceries, and then headed to the
car. I opened my trunk, and there was a Goodwill
bag and Dmitri's stroller... taking up much needed
space! And I still had to make another stop.
But I made it work...
So that night, I got my very first spray tan! It was
pretty awesome, and the results were pretty
stinkin' great!
My good friend Lauren does spray tanning, and
I got to be a guinea pig! Which worked out...
because after being out of the sun for 3 months, I
definitely needed some color!
Dmitri came with me, and played with his friends
Aiden and Averie. Though he was much more
interested in what I was doing, standing in a tent
in the backyard, than watching Polar Express with
Aiden. He kept saying "Mommy, out." LOl he wasn't
a fan. But I was!
I couldn't stop checking out my legs and face the
next day! I meant to take a pic and post it, but I
guess I'll have to sign up for another session! :)
So Wednesday, I had to run to the store for sweet
potatoes. I didn't think they'd be sold out, but I
was worried the good ones would be gone!
Well, since the grocery store is like a mile away,
why not walk?
Mmm... I decided not to take the stroller and let
Dmitri walk. This boy does not want to be held, or
even sit in the stroller... but I guess the heat got
to him... because I had to carry him halfway to the
store, and ALL the way back! Ugh! I was pouring
sweat!
Luckily, right after the grocery store, we stopped
for some frozen yogurt. So that gave me a good
start on our walk back. Next time... I will force him
to sit in a stroller!
The rest of Wednesday, I spent making pies. As
well as prepping for the other dishes I was bring-
ing to Thanksgiving.
My house smelled so tasty, but was boiling hot!
Egh.
Wednesday night, I snuck out in search of an
egg dish {deviled eggs}. I had it in my head to
look at Goodwill, so I headed over there. Lo and
behold, green and red tag items where .99 and
blue tags were 50% off! Hello! Walked away with
a good enough egg dish, some awesome quilted
pillowcases {did you know I have an obsession
with old quilted pillowcases?}, a brand new book
for Dmitri {it has Ferdinand the Bull, Corduroy,
Madeline, Pooh Bear and some others. The books
pretty big, and was marked at $2.99. And I got it
for .99! Fantastic!
I was tempted to get a pair of awesome Chinese
Laundry shoes {excellent condition}, but they
were a bit tight. Thinking back, I wish I had grabbed
them :[
Thursday, Thanksgiving day, I started the rest
of my cooking. And I will pat myself on the back,
I don't like sweet potatoes - but I made the best
sweet potatoes! I loved them! I can't speak for
everyone else... but I loved them! :]
Daniel woke up early to go play football at church.
There was actually a really good turn out! There
were like 60 people, and they had a couple different
games going.
Daniel had some guy run into him... and Daniel's
tooth jammed into the guys forehead.
The guy was bleeding pretty bad, and Daniel
ended up with a fat lip, and his front tooth getting
knocked back a bit. So far it looks fine, but he said
it just felt bruised.
He called me just as I was getting out of the shower,
asking me to get a bunch of his first aid stuff out.
He gave me minimal details on the phone, so I was
a little panicked he'd come home with a tooth missing,
or that he was the one bleeding. So I'm glad that
wasn't the case! But he grabbed some stuff, then
headed back to church and glued the guys forehead
back together.
On the plus side, his team won their game :)
Once he got back from football, we watched the
Thanksgiving Day parade. Dmitri's favorite,
the Buzz Lightyear float. He was a fan. And when
Santa came at the end, I talked him up to Dmitri,
so Dmitri was waving a screaming "HI SANTA!!"
Hopefully this years Santa pics, will be sans tears ;)
Alright... so this year we had Thanksgiving with
our wonderful friends, Jon, Lauren, Aiden & Averie.
We loaded the car with all the dishes, and headed
over around noon, to their house.
We probably had more then enough food, and
it was all delicious!
I found out last year, that I am a huge fan of
green bean casserole. I had never had it until last
year, and I am obsessed! So Lauren made some
this year - and I got my fill! Love it!
But we had a great time! The kids played, hubs
watched football, girls cooked, chatted and had
a great time!
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Dmitri took a late 2 hours nap once we got home,
so he was awake later than usual. So we spent Thurs
night eating chips and dip, drinking hot chocolate
and watching Rudolph. It was pretty prefect.
Friday... we did not a dang thing. Daniel had a four
day weekend - and it was so nice!
We're not black Friday people. I'd like to be, but
the thought of the crowds freak me out!
So we stayed in, and watched Christmas movies
and decorated.
Saturday we did venture out a bit. Daniel stayed
back, while Dmitri and I met up with Lauren, Aiden
and Averie at Costco. We had lunch and grabbed a
few things, then headed to Home Depot to check out
supplies for possible crafts.
I have been wanting to make this tea light holder
since I saw it... so I grabbed the supplies while I
was there. They didn't have any maple, so I had to
go with pine.
I went home, and immediately started sanding.
It took a long while {by hand. I need a power sander}
and once it was nice and smooth, Daniel drilled the
holes. Not an easy task. So I'm glad he offered to do
it for me. The wood would splinter off, and almost
stop the drill. So it was fun, making 5 holes.
I thought I had stain, but I didn't. So the impatient
person that I am, just spray painted it black, and
distressed it.
Distressing took the moderness out of it a bit, but
I'm still very happy with the turnout!
Dmitri wanted to help too... :]
Sunday, was my first day back teaching my class
{after being gone 3 months}. So my morning was
a bit hectic - making sure I had everything.
Church went well. Dmitri had a slight freak out
going into Nursery... but his teacher said he was
back into the swing of things after 5 minutes. So
not too bad!
My class was good, some craziness as before. And
we're into my favorite lessons - Christmas! :)
So that was our Thanksgiving week/end. And it
was lovely!
We missed our family and friends back in Utah,
but are so grateful for the friendships we have
here in Hawaii! We have been so blessed!
{if you didn't notice, it's snowing on my blog. And it's pretty fantastic}
Aiden giving Dmitri lesson on riding his Thomas
bike


Waiting for dinner... and making bubbleswith their apple juice
I think Averie's pretty awesome :)
Not the most flattering picture of me... butthese kiddies are adorable!
A little splash of tanning glow ;)
Dima 'helping' make the tea light holderssections. So I came home with 4 sections altogether.
How cheap is that?! :D
Some darlings at Costco
These two are a force to be reckoned with... theyare two of a kind!
So, side note about these pajamas. I saw themon someones blog - and pretty much had to have
them. So much that I went searching high and low!
Found out they were from Gap - but couldn't find
them in the store, and Dmitri's size was sold out
online. I've been wanting them for a few months
now, and have been looking at ebay. Well - I found
a pair on there! The perfect size at a steal of a price!
And brand new! I was elated!! And they are as darling
as I had imagined :)




Happy Thanksgiving!! Sounds you guys had a good time at your friends ! cute pics of Dmitri! We miss you guys on Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete