It's the end of another weekend, and the beginning
of another week.
Nothing special planned, yet. Today we're not off to
a very good start.
Dmitri woke up at 5am with one load scream, I don't
think I've ever jumped out of bed so fast!
I got him a sippy and he calmed down. I asked him
what happened, and if something scary happened.
He said yes, it was scary. He said it wasn't a scary
person, or noise - but I think we determined that
something in his dream fell, and broke. Maybe. He
was done with my questions, and got up to find the
remote. He was standing by the tv area, and started
pointing and saying "It fell, it fell and broke." And
then he started to chuckle, and asking to watch
Mickey. LOL so I dunno.
Anywhos, he's forgotten about it. And we got to see
Daniel off to work, and watched Pluto's Christmas
Tree about 8 times.
So our weekend was really nice! Daniel's an early
riser, so he was already up when Dmitri woke up.
Which meant, I got to sleep in!! ;) I didn't wake up
until 10! It was so nice! And considering I went to
bed at 3 the night before... I would have been a
zombie otherwise.
I don't remember why it was so late. I think I was
working of sewing projects. And then Dmitri woke
up for a drink - and wanting me to lay down with
him. So I didn't get to bed until late.
Saturday, I finished some sewing. I started a quilt
for Dmitri. I've had this Thomas the Train fabric
for awhile now, and Dmitri found it when I had my
fabric bin down. He was carrying it around with him
and snuggling with it. So I bought some more for a
Christmas quilt for him. So far the front is done,
though I will probably change out the right panel. It
throws the quilt off.
So I just need to get some batting, and a back for it.
And a random blurb... Saturday night I was making
dinner. Dmitri came in with a couple books and sat
of the floor. He said he wanted to read to me.
So as I was cooking, he read and told me what was
going on in the book. He has these two Duck and
Goose books that he loves - so he was telling me
about Duck and Goose. It was pretty precious. Love
this little boy!!
I also got some baking done this weekend. I've been
wanting to try making some cinnamon rolls, but
anything dealing with yeast, kind of intimidates me.
Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for her cinnamon
rolls, that are supposed to fool proof and easy. So
I decided to give them a try.
I started the dough Saturday night... and even had
to make a late night run for more flour. I put the
dough in the refrigerator over night, and made them
for breakfast Sunday morning.
Since I made the dough Saturday night, my happy
helper was already asleep - so he couldn't help me.
But when I rolled out the dough Sunday morning,
he was eager to help! He pulled up a chair to see
what I was doing - and when he saw me rolling
dough, he ran and grabbed the cookie cutters from
the drawer, and immediately started cutting it.
I told him we weren't making cookies - but that
he could help me put the sugar and butter on the
dough. Which he was happy to do as well.
I did end up giving him a little piece of dough to
play with, and cut shapes into. He kept trying to
add it to the pan of cinnamon rolls... :}
The recipe made two pans of cinnamon rolls.
Which is more than we can eat in a reasonable
amount of time. So I have one in the freezer,
waiting for the others to run out.
So otherwise, our Sunday morning was pretty
lazy. I laid on the couch a little longer than I should
have, so we were a bit late to church.
Dmitri did better heading into Nursery. He's
getting used to being back. I did have to give him
a pep talk before he went in though. But after,
he walked in all by himself, and didn't look back.
He had a great time and a huge smile on his face
when I picked him up.
We talked about what he learned in Nursery,
about Jesus' birth, and about Mary and Joseph.
So through all the Santa hype - we must teach
him the real meaning of Christmas.
We have an animated Nativity DVD, that we'll
watch for FHE - and try to reinforce what he's
learned about Christmas.
So that was our weekend! Our evening was
great. Just one of those nights that just feel
nice, and everyone is happy.
Daniel was in a great mood! I feel like I didn't
have to do anything yesterday. He did a lot of
clean up, and gave Dmitri a bath and put him
to bed. So it was a nice, relaxing day! :)
Lastly, a few little bit about Dmitri's favorite
things.
His favorite game - I was looking for preschooler
games on my phone, and found a free memory
game. I showed it to Dmitri, and it's a hit! He
loves it - and he's good at it! So he loves to play
it.
He's started playing a lot of imagine-play. Daniel
and I were on the sofa the other day, and Dmitri
was in the living room setting up chairs, and putting
his stuffed animals in some of the chairs. Then
he stood up, and said "All aboard! Tickets, tickets
please!" He was totally into it, until he saw us
watching him. Then he got embarrassed and
started laughing :)
Oh - and never offer to put the straw in Dmitri's
juice box {unless you want an intense glare...:}
That job is reserved for him :)
Haha - and I guess I should talk about the title
of this post! :}
So I've blogged many times about various bugs
and reptiles... but the past couple days have been
a doozy!
Daniel was talking with a co-worker, and she was
saying that she's having to put roach traps in her
car. He was kind of surprised, and told her we've
never found a roach in our car. She told him he
just jinxed himself, because she said that about
6 months ago, when someone mentioned to her
about putting traps in their car. She said she
found a cockroach the next day.
Well... I was coming home from dropping off
something at a friends house. I turn the car off,
gather my stuff and go to open the door. My
eyes lock on a cockroach... crawling on the inside
of the car window. Fantastic. Luckily it was a
medium size one - because had it been a huge
on, I very well may have fainted. LOL and I
of course blamed it on Daniel :}
Saturday night... I went to turn the front Christmas
lights on. I open the door, and there was something
weird on the patio. It looked like a chunk of wood
or something. And then I realized it was a frog!
I told Daniel... but he was too busy playing on
the computer to come look. So I took a picture
for him :) Come to find out, it's a Cane Toad, and
it's poisonous. Super! I was seriously about to
go catch it and keep it. Glad I did not.... :}
He's mostly poisonous to bugs and animals... and
people that try to eat them.
So while I was trying to get a picture of the toad,
I guess a gecko slipped in the front door.
I went to check on Dmitri, before going to bed the
other night... and I hear movement in the bookcase.
Of course my first thought is giant cockroach.......
but when I flashed the light towards it, I saw a
gecko. He was hiding in the books. Ugh. And then
he made his presence known the next night... with
his fabulous chirping. Which of course was coming
from the Christmas tree. Of course. Apparently
it's his new home. Blah.
Also, Saturday on my way to check the mail, a
huge monarch butterfly came flying out of our lanai.
Those I don't mind though :) But really, no more
creepers please... :[
And sorry for the lack of pics... hopefully more next
time! :)
Oh, and lastly... Dmitri was in the kitchen looking
for some orange juice. So he's standing in the fridge
singing "Hanukkah Hanukkah" to himself.
It was too funny! And of course he says Hanukkah
perfectly. Go figure :} He got it from the Speical Agent Oso
holiday special. And ps... we don't watch as much tv
as this post would make you think! X}
of another week.
Nothing special planned, yet. Today we're not off to
a very good start.
Dmitri woke up at 5am with one load scream, I don't
think I've ever jumped out of bed so fast!
I got him a sippy and he calmed down. I asked him
what happened, and if something scary happened.
He said yes, it was scary. He said it wasn't a scary
person, or noise - but I think we determined that
something in his dream fell, and broke. Maybe. He
was done with my questions, and got up to find the
remote. He was standing by the tv area, and started
pointing and saying "It fell, it fell and broke." And
then he started to chuckle, and asking to watch
Mickey. LOL so I dunno.
Anywhos, he's forgotten about it. And we got to see
Daniel off to work, and watched Pluto's Christmas
Tree about 8 times.
So our weekend was really nice! Daniel's an early
riser, so he was already up when Dmitri woke up.
Which meant, I got to sleep in!! ;) I didn't wake up
until 10! It was so nice! And considering I went to
bed at 3 the night before... I would have been a
zombie otherwise.
I don't remember why it was so late. I think I was
working of sewing projects. And then Dmitri woke
up for a drink - and wanting me to lay down with
him. So I didn't get to bed until late.
Saturday, I finished some sewing. I started a quilt
for Dmitri. I've had this Thomas the Train fabric
for awhile now, and Dmitri found it when I had my
fabric bin down. He was carrying it around with him
and snuggling with it. So I bought some more for a
Christmas quilt for him. So far the front is done,
though I will probably change out the right panel. It
throws the quilt off.
So I just need to get some batting, and a back for it.And a random blurb... Saturday night I was making
dinner. Dmitri came in with a couple books and sat
of the floor. He said he wanted to read to me.
So as I was cooking, he read and told me what was
going on in the book. He has these two Duck and
Goose books that he loves - so he was telling me
about Duck and Goose. It was pretty precious. Love
this little boy!!
I also got some baking done this weekend. I've been
wanting to try making some cinnamon rolls, but
anything dealing with yeast, kind of intimidates me.
Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for her cinnamon
rolls, that are supposed to fool proof and easy. So
I decided to give them a try.
I started the dough Saturday night... and even had
to make a late night run for more flour. I put the
dough in the refrigerator over night, and made them
for breakfast Sunday morning.
Since I made the dough Saturday night, my happy
helper was already asleep - so he couldn't help me.
But when I rolled out the dough Sunday morning,
he was eager to help! He pulled up a chair to see
what I was doing - and when he saw me rolling
dough, he ran and grabbed the cookie cutters from
the drawer, and immediately started cutting it.
I told him we weren't making cookies - but that
he could help me put the sugar and butter on the
dough. Which he was happy to do as well.
I did end up giving him a little piece of dough to
play with, and cut shapes into. He kept trying to
add it to the pan of cinnamon rolls... :}
The recipe made two pans of cinnamon rolls.
Which is more than we can eat in a reasonable
amount of time. So I have one in the freezer,
waiting for the others to run out.
So otherwise, our Sunday morning was pretty
lazy. I laid on the couch a little longer than I should
have, so we were a bit late to church.
Dmitri did better heading into Nursery. He's
getting used to being back. I did have to give him
a pep talk before he went in though. But after,
he walked in all by himself, and didn't look back.
He had a great time and a huge smile on his face
when I picked him up.
We talked about what he learned in Nursery,
about Jesus' birth, and about Mary and Joseph.
So through all the Santa hype - we must teach
him the real meaning of Christmas.
We have an animated Nativity DVD, that we'll
watch for FHE - and try to reinforce what he's
learned about Christmas.
So that was our weekend! Our evening was
great. Just one of those nights that just feel
nice, and everyone is happy.
Daniel was in a great mood! I feel like I didn't
have to do anything yesterday. He did a lot of
clean up, and gave Dmitri a bath and put him
to bed. So it was a nice, relaxing day! :)
Lastly, a few little bit about Dmitri's favorite
things.
His favorite game - I was looking for preschooler
games on my phone, and found a free memory
game. I showed it to Dmitri, and it's a hit! He
loves it - and he's good at it! So he loves to play
it.
He's started playing a lot of imagine-play. Daniel
and I were on the sofa the other day, and Dmitri
was in the living room setting up chairs, and putting
his stuffed animals in some of the chairs. Then
he stood up, and said "All aboard! Tickets, tickets
please!" He was totally into it, until he saw us
watching him. Then he got embarrassed and
started laughing :)
Oh - and never offer to put the straw in Dmitri's
juice box {unless you want an intense glare...:}
That job is reserved for him :)
Haha - and I guess I should talk about the title
of this post! :}
So I've blogged many times about various bugs
and reptiles... but the past couple days have been
a doozy!
Daniel was talking with a co-worker, and she was
saying that she's having to put roach traps in her
car. He was kind of surprised, and told her we've
never found a roach in our car. She told him he
just jinxed himself, because she said that about
6 months ago, when someone mentioned to her
about putting traps in their car. She said she
found a cockroach the next day.
Well... I was coming home from dropping off
something at a friends house. I turn the car off,
gather my stuff and go to open the door. My
eyes lock on a cockroach... crawling on the inside
of the car window. Fantastic. Luckily it was a
medium size one - because had it been a huge
on, I very well may have fainted. LOL and I
of course blamed it on Daniel :}
Saturday night... I went to turn the front Christmas
lights on. I open the door, and there was something
weird on the patio. It looked like a chunk of wood
or something. And then I realized it was a frog!
I told Daniel... but he was too busy playing on
the computer to come look. So I took a picture
for him :) Come to find out, it's a Cane Toad, and
it's poisonous. Super! I was seriously about to
go catch it and keep it. Glad I did not.... :}
He's mostly poisonous to bugs and animals... and
people that try to eat them.
So while I was trying to get a picture of the toad,I guess a gecko slipped in the front door.
I went to check on Dmitri, before going to bed the
other night... and I hear movement in the bookcase.
Of course my first thought is giant cockroach.......
but when I flashed the light towards it, I saw a
gecko. He was hiding in the books. Ugh. And then
he made his presence known the next night... with
his fabulous chirping. Which of course was coming
from the Christmas tree. Of course. Apparently
it's his new home. Blah.
Also, Saturday on my way to check the mail, a
huge monarch butterfly came flying out of our lanai.
Those I don't mind though :) But really, no more
creepers please... :[
And sorry for the lack of pics... hopefully more next
time! :)
Oh, and lastly... Dmitri was in the kitchen looking
for some orange juice. So he's standing in the fridge
singing "Hanukkah Hanukkah" to himself.
It was too funny! And of course he says Hanukkah
perfectly. Go figure :} He got it from the Speical Agent Oso
holiday special. And ps... we don't watch as much tv
as this post would make you think! X}




We used to have What's up, Duck? too and Noah would read it to us. I swear those two totally remind me of each other!
ReplyDeleteToo funny!! :D I'm tempted to buy the other books, because he loves them so much!
ReplyDeleteThree special steps, that's all you need...ugh. Special agent oso drives me crazy. That bear is just a dingbat.
ReplyDeleteI want a cinnamon roll SO badly now. Saturday I was at Raleys and they had some. They probably are no where near as good as homemade though. This recipe didn't have yeast?