And I'm sure nobody needs a reminder...
Luckily I'm much less stressed, now that
I have most my shopping done!
Monday I was finally able to make it to
the post office, and get some stuff mailed
off.
I had to wait for Daniel to get home, and
so I had to go a half hour before close. The
line was a bit scary, but luckily it moved
fast!
I'm going to have to make another trip
there... and I think it'll probably be a lot
worse... :[
I have something planned for my parents
and in laws... which I need to get movin' on
today!
Those are really the only highlights from
this week.
We've played a lot of trains...
and I have done a lot of deep cleaning.
Crazy what you see when you get on a
child's level... like all their little dirty
handprints! :}
Yesterday we had a festive lunch,
and also started some afternoon movie
watching. Well... that's about the time
Dmitri starts to slow down, and asks
for a movie. So it's become a daily thing.
But we were watching The Sword and
the Stone yesterday. Dmitri kept calling
it Shiny... and thought it was fun to watch
while rocking himself in the laundry basket.
So yesterday, Dmitri and I had a
marathon day of shopping. I still
cannot believe we were out for 5
hours!!
Truth be told, Dmitri's not the best
at going to stores. He's not horrible,
but he doesn't like sitting in the
cart and usually there's an escape
attempt, or two - followed by a long
talk about what he should and
should not do in a store.
Well... he was amazing!! He sat just
fine in the stroller, and the cart.
He didn't scream or take off running
down the aisles!
I did let him have some fun time. I
guess it could be considered fun to
a kid... but he insisted on picking, and
hanging up all the slippers at Old Navy.
Which worked out, because they were
right next to the kids pj's that I was
looking at.
We got some popcorn and an Icee at
Target, so he was a happy camper. He
also helped me organize the groceries
in the cart, and put them on the belt at
check out. Such a little helper!
On the drive back home, he was singing
at the top of his lungs... I think he had
too much Icee :}
When we got home, he watched Beauty
and the Beast with Daniel, while they
finished off the popcorn.
So now I just need to take inventory
of everything I bought yesterday, and
get it all wrapped!
Dmitri got an early Christmas present.
I had ordered him a book with pictures
from our Disneyland trip.
It came today, and I was too excited,
I HAD to open it!
It turned out so so cute! He loved it :D
And a few random pics...
Playing memory
So we were doing our nightly cleanup,
and Dmitri wanted me to cover him
with stuffed animals.... and he would
jump up trying to scare me.
I told him we should go scare daddy.
So I carried him to the living room and
told him to jump out... it was very
anticlimactic... because I had to tell him when
to jump, but Daniel played along with it,
and so Dmitri thought it was fun! :)

And these are totally church appropriate,
right?
I hope so... because I got them for a steal
yesterday! And ugh... they're a 9!
Not that they fight perfectly... but I
wasn't about to buy an 8.5... with as
fast as his monster feet grow!
I have most my shopping done!
Monday I was finally able to make it to
the post office, and get some stuff mailed
off.
I had to wait for Daniel to get home, and
so I had to go a half hour before close. The
line was a bit scary, but luckily it moved
fast!
I'm going to have to make another tripthere... and I think it'll probably be a lot
worse... :[
I have something planned for my parents
and in laws... which I need to get movin' on
today!
Those are really the only highlights from
this week.
We've played a lot of trains...
Crazy what you see when you get on a
child's level... like all their little dirty
handprints! :}
Yesterday we had a festive lunch,
and also started some afternoon moviewatching. Well... that's about the time
Dmitri starts to slow down, and asks
for a movie. So it's become a daily thing.
But we were watching The Sword and
the Stone yesterday. Dmitri kept calling
it Shiny... and thought it was fun to watch
while rocking himself in the laundry basket.
So yesterday, Dmitri and I had amarathon day of shopping. I still
cannot believe we were out for 5
hours!!
Truth be told, Dmitri's not the best
at going to stores. He's not horrible,
but he doesn't like sitting in the
cart and usually there's an escape
attempt, or two - followed by a long
talk about what he should and
should not do in a store.
Well... he was amazing!! He sat just
fine in the stroller, and the cart.
He didn't scream or take off running
down the aisles!
I did let him have some fun time. I
guess it could be considered fun to
a kid... but he insisted on picking, and
hanging up all the slippers at Old Navy.
Which worked out, because they were
right next to the kids pj's that I was
looking at.
We got some popcorn and an Icee at
Target, so he was a happy camper. He
also helped me organize the groceries
in the cart, and put them on the belt at
check out. Such a little helper!
On the drive back home, he was singing
at the top of his lungs... I think he had
too much Icee :}
When we got home, he watched Beauty
and the Beast with Daniel, while they
finished off the popcorn.
So now I just need to take inventory
of everything I bought yesterday, and
get it all wrapped!
Dmitri got an early Christmas present.
I had ordered him a book with pictures
from our Disneyland trip.
I HAD to open it!
It turned out so so cute! He loved it :D

Playing memory
and Dmitri wanted me to cover him
with stuffed animals.... and he would
jump up trying to scare me.
I told him we should go scare daddy.
So I carried him to the living room and
told him to jump out... it was very
anticlimactic... because I had to tell him when
to jump, but Daniel played along with it,
and so Dmitri thought it was fun! :)
right?
I hope so... because I got them for a stealyesterday! And ugh... they're a 9!
Not that they fight perfectly... but I
wasn't about to buy an 8.5... with as
fast as his monster feet grow!




No comments:
Post a Comment