Well we made it home safe and sound.

It was definitely a chore... and I'm glad
it's over with!
Monday, we got a late start. My little
alarm clock slept until almost 11! So, I
did too. It was nice.
But once we rolled out of bed, we were
on the go.
We took care of last minute errands,
like additional luggage... I bought a suit-
case from the DI for $8. It's in descent
condition... and it's been to France! Love
that :)
We also found a brand new Mickey Mouse
for Dmitri, for $0.50! He loved that :)
So next on the list, I had to drop something
off at my friend Jennie's house. I figured
it'd be fast and maybe Dmitri would fall
asleep on the drive up.
So I get on the freeway, and after a few
minutes, Dmitri says "Fifi?!" I asked him
if he wanted to go see Sophie, and he said
"Yes." {guess we've made the drive a lot... ;}
so my fast trip, turned into a longer
trip. But it was good... because Dmitri
played with Fifi and Jennie and I met for
lunch, while Sophie's grandma watched
Dmitri and Sophie.
They got to help her water the plants,
and they had lunch and got to play together.

Jennie and I met at Iggy's and had a good
time. I was glad Dmitri didn't come... I
would have spent the whole time running
after him, or taking him outside. He HATES
going out to eat.
So Dmitri was not ready to leave. He loves
Fifi... and cried while I was putting him
in the car :( I told him we'd talk to her on
the computer. Poor guy.
So Tuesday, I finished my packing, and
headed to the airport. My sister Janine
took us, and I was glad all my stuff fit in
her car!
She was going to park, and help me to the
check in area {I wont tell you how many
bags I had... I'll just say Daniel gave my a
'look' when they were piled next to him,
waiting to be loaded in the car :}
So I told my sister not to worry, and I'd
load them onto the little carts they have
at the curb. Okay... load bags, load baby
in stroller... start walking.
One of the Sky Cab guys asks me if I
needed help. I asked him how much they
charge, and if they take cards. He said they
only take cash - but that he'd help me
anyway, because there was no way I'd
make it across the street.
So he loaded my stuff onto a bigger
cart, and dropped them off at the front
desk.
I get checked in, and head to security.
One of the guys helped me get all my
stuff into the bins, because apparently
I had gone into the wrong line. Meh.
So through security, and most my anxiety
had passed by that point.
Though Dmitri and I weren't seated
together on our flight from Salt Lake to
Seattle... so I asked the attendant lady
about it, and she worked it so we were
seated together.
Dmitri and I grabbed lunch, and the guy
at the counter offered to entertain Dmitri
while I grabbed napkins, utensils and
filled my drink.
We boarded our flight, and made our way
to Seattle. Dmitri did great. I didn't want
him to sleep, so I tried my hardest to
keep him awake. I had filled his backpack,
{aka Pocket} with some goodies from the
Target dollar bin - and that kept him pretty
occupied. Though... buying markers for a
two year old... stuck on an airplane, I don't
know what I was thinking... his hands were
marked up, along with the airplane tray, but
I tried my hardest to wipe it clean.
So the last 20 minutes of our flight, Dmitri
starts to doze off. I knew we had an hour
layover ahead, and a 5 1/2 hour flight after
that - so I tried to keep him awake.
No good. He was out! I poked him, tickled
him, everything. He didn't even yell or move.
He was out.
So I transferred him from the plane, to the
stroller - and once I got off the plane, found
out it was time to board the next! No break,
just straight on the plane.
Dmitri slept until I sat his carseat on the plane
seat... and he woke up. And he was up for the
next 5 hours.........
He wasn't bad, but I was tired and had the
perfect sleeping set up - I wanted to take
advantage of it. Too bad. I would have dozed
off - but he was watching movies on my phone,
{did you know you could rent movies on ITunes?}
and I didn't really trust him with my phone.
But the flight was fine. Long as always. We
landed and some guy offered to carry my
carry-ons off the plane.
So I have to say how totally grateful I am for
all the help I received, and all the wonderful
people that were around me!
I pray like crazy before flights... mostly that
Dmitri will be good... and that the plane wont
crash into the ocean {I hate flying over water...}
But I also pray that I can be surrounded by
helpful people that are willing to help!
It feels good to be home. I've spent yesterday
and today unpacking and organizing.
I think Dmitri has handled the time change
okay. He went to bed at 7 tonight... and has
woken up every couple hours - though I blame
that on noisy neighbors.
Daniel is on his new floor. He says it's a lot
different than in TX.
But so far he likes it. Especially the hours!
He's home by 3:30, instead of 8:30. So I'm
not complaining!
But yes... settled back into things. Still
getting readjusted to the humidity, which
is my least favorite part...
It's weird when you get outside of the air
conditioned airport... and your feet are
immediately sticky. Welcome home... :}
it's over with!
Monday, we got a late start. My little
alarm clock slept until almost 11! So, I
did too. It was nice.
But once we rolled out of bed, we were
on the go.
We took care of last minute errands,
like additional luggage... I bought a suit-
case from the DI for $8. It's in descent
condition... and it's been to France! Love
that :)
We also found a brand new Mickey Mouse
for Dmitri, for $0.50! He loved that :)
So next on the list, I had to drop something
off at my friend Jennie's house. I figured
it'd be fast and maybe Dmitri would fall
asleep on the drive up.
So I get on the freeway, and after a few
minutes, Dmitri says "Fifi?!" I asked him
if he wanted to go see Sophie, and he said
"Yes." {guess we've made the drive a lot... ;}
so my fast trip, turned into a longer
trip. But it was good... because Dmitri
played with Fifi and Jennie and I met for
lunch, while Sophie's grandma watched
Dmitri and Sophie.
They got to help her water the plants,
and they had lunch and got to play together.


Jennie and I met at Iggy's and had a goodtime. I was glad Dmitri didn't come... I
would have spent the whole time running
after him, or taking him outside. He HATES
going out to eat.
So Dmitri was not ready to leave. He loves
Fifi... and cried while I was putting him
in the car :( I told him we'd talk to her on
the computer. Poor guy.
So Tuesday, I finished my packing, and
headed to the airport. My sister Janine
took us, and I was glad all my stuff fit in
her car!
She was going to park, and help me to the
check in area {I wont tell you how many
bags I had... I'll just say Daniel gave my a
'look' when they were piled next to him,
waiting to be loaded in the car :}
So I told my sister not to worry, and I'd
load them onto the little carts they have
at the curb. Okay... load bags, load baby
in stroller... start walking.
One of the Sky Cab guys asks me if I
needed help. I asked him how much they
charge, and if they take cards. He said they
only take cash - but that he'd help me
anyway, because there was no way I'd
make it across the street.
So he loaded my stuff onto a bigger
cart, and dropped them off at the front
desk.
I get checked in, and head to security.
One of the guys helped me get all my
stuff into the bins, because apparently
I had gone into the wrong line. Meh.
So through security, and most my anxiety
had passed by that point.
Though Dmitri and I weren't seated
together on our flight from Salt Lake to
Seattle... so I asked the attendant lady
about it, and she worked it so we were
seated together.
Dmitri and I grabbed lunch, and the guy
at the counter offered to entertain Dmitri
while I grabbed napkins, utensils and
filled my drink.
We boarded our flight, and made our way
to Seattle. Dmitri did great. I didn't want
him to sleep, so I tried my hardest to
keep him awake. I had filled his backpack,
{aka Pocket} with some goodies from the
Target dollar bin - and that kept him pretty
occupied. Though... buying markers for a
two year old... stuck on an airplane, I don't
know what I was thinking... his hands were
marked up, along with the airplane tray, but
I tried my hardest to wipe it clean.
So the last 20 minutes of our flight, Dmitri
starts to doze off. I knew we had an hour
layover ahead, and a 5 1/2 hour flight after
that - so I tried to keep him awake.
No good. He was out! I poked him, tickled
him, everything. He didn't even yell or move.
He was out.

So I transferred him from the plane, to thestroller - and once I got off the plane, found
out it was time to board the next! No break,
just straight on the plane.
Dmitri slept until I sat his carseat on the plane
seat... and he woke up. And he was up for the
next 5 hours.........
He wasn't bad, but I was tired and had the
perfect sleeping set up - I wanted to take
advantage of it. Too bad. I would have dozed
off - but he was watching movies on my phone,
{did you know you could rent movies on ITunes?}
and I didn't really trust him with my phone.
But the flight was fine. Long as always. We
landed and some guy offered to carry my
carry-ons off the plane.
So I have to say how totally grateful I am for
all the help I received, and all the wonderful
people that were around me!
I pray like crazy before flights... mostly that
Dmitri will be good... and that the plane wont
crash into the ocean {I hate flying over water...}
But I also pray that I can be surrounded by
helpful people that are willing to help!
It feels good to be home. I've spent yesterday
and today unpacking and organizing.
I think Dmitri has handled the time change
okay. He went to bed at 7 tonight... and has
woken up every couple hours - though I blame
that on noisy neighbors.
Daniel is on his new floor. He says it's a lot
different than in TX.
But so far he likes it. Especially the hours!
He's home by 3:30, instead of 8:30. So I'm
not complaining!
But yes... settled back into things. Still
getting readjusted to the humidity, which
is my least favorite part...
It's weird when you get outside of the air
conditioned airport... and your feet are
immediately sticky. Welcome home... :}




I'm on a boycott of taking Andrew out to eat. Unless it's a drive through he just acts too obnoxious. Even with extra help (like grandparents).
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys made it home safe and in one piece! And yeah for people who still are willing to help someone when they're struggling!