This weekend was our last weekend without Daniel!
We cannot wait for him to get back Thursday!!
We managed to keep pretty busy this weekend.
Friday Dmitri and I headed downtown to pick up
a birthday present for my sister.
I figured we'd be in and out, and maybe grab some
lunch, but there was some fun stuff going on, so we
had to indulge!
First, there was a fundraiser for Utah Foster Care.
You donate, and get to pick a pumpkin to decorate.
It was pretty packed - but we found a little spot
for Dmitri. I only let him use stickers... because I
was not going to wait for the paint to dry.
I asked him to take a picture with his pumpkin,
he opted to sit next to the fountain - with his
pumpkin, that he placed next to him. Perfect!

On our way in, we passed Build a Bear. He
could not get the bears out of his head... and
had to check it out, when we passed again
to get to our car.
I knew we weren't getting out of there without
something, so I opted for the cheapest bear...
which was actually pretty cute, and of course,
Dmitri needed some sound effects....
And what sound did he pick?? Star Wars.
Daddy would be so proud!
We got to the stuffing station, and the lady
asked Dmitri is he wanted to help her refill
the machine.
He decided against it... and instead, stood
back and watched.
He was in love with the buttons, that changed
the lights in the machine, different colors.
Admiring his work....
Filling and tying his bear, after putting the
heart inside.
So I asked Dmitri what his bear's name is.
And I think he said "Knees." I thought it was
interesting... but you know, whatever.
But when we got back, and he was showing his
bear off, my mom asked him what it's name
was.
He told her "Nean." I asked him again, and he
said "Nean, Nienie."
So Nienie is what I used to call my older sister
Janine. And it's been shortened to Nean, which
is what Dmitri calls her. So he named his bear
Nean... after his auntie. I thought it was pretty
adorable!
He's never really been attached to anything.
The only thing I can think of is his Bert stuffed
doll. Which Janine actually gave him, which
is interesting.
But his Nienie bear has gone everywhere with
us, and he even sleeps with him!
It's pretty adorable. Though - I think I'm over
the Star Wars theme song....
Well, Friday night we went to cousin Taylor's
first birthday.
There was a bouncy house - and lots of friends
and cousins to play with. And of course, lots of
cousins = equal lots of shoes!
He even ended up with this nice purple pair,
that he stole from his friend Mia.
Taylor and his Elmo cupcake
Saturday, it was a girls day out! The theme was,
caring for ourselves.
So there were different pampering stations, and
then a smoothie demonstration.
My foot soak was taken over by this cute girl!!
How could I say no to this face?!
Sophie getting her nails painted by Grandma
Too adorable!!
Dmitri got to stay home - but he had fun too...
After the party, I picked up Dmitri - and we
went to visit some old Hawaii friends!
They live here now, and just had the sweetest
little baby, about 2 months ago.
Dmitri had fun exploring... and getting into
anything and everything!
Dmitri and Christopher
Isn't he the cutest baby?!?!
My poor Dmitri got a little jealous... the
next day he kept calling himself the baby,
and wanted to be held like a baby :}
Sunday was my littlest sister's birthday.
She turned the big 1-6!
So crazy!
But we celebrated with some cake and ice
cream.
Oma made the mistake of letting Dmitri
lick the icing. Which he took as the green
light to keep doing it.... so she had to fix it
about a dozen times... :}








After cake, Dmitri and I headed to FHE. He
loved chasing the balloons with his cousins!!
And some randoms...
Dmitri thinking he's cool stuff this morning!
Pretty much the coolest pajamas ever!
And he was so nice to cover Bianca... :}

We cannot wait for him to get back Thursday!!
We managed to keep pretty busy this weekend.
Friday Dmitri and I headed downtown to pick up
a birthday present for my sister.
I figured we'd be in and out, and maybe grab somelunch, but there was some fun stuff going on, so we
had to indulge!
First, there was a fundraiser for Utah Foster Care.
You donate, and get to pick a pumpkin to decorate.
It was pretty packed - but we found a little spot
for Dmitri. I only let him use stickers... because I
was not going to wait for the paint to dry.

I asked him to take a picture with his pumpkin,he opted to sit next to the fountain - with his
pumpkin, that he placed next to him. Perfect!


On our way in, we passed Build a Bear. Hecould not get the bears out of his head... and
had to check it out, when we passed again
to get to our car.
I knew we weren't getting out of there without
something, so I opted for the cheapest bear...
which was actually pretty cute, and of course,
Dmitri needed some sound effects....
And what sound did he pick?? Star Wars.Daddy would be so proud!
We got to the stuffing station, and the lady
asked Dmitri is he wanted to help her refill
the machine.
He decided against it... and instead, stood
back and watched.

He was in love with the buttons, that changedthe lights in the machine, different colors.
Admiring his work....
Filling and tying his bear, after putting theheart inside.

So I asked Dmitri what his bear's name is.And I think he said "Knees." I thought it was
interesting... but you know, whatever.
But when we got back, and he was showing his
bear off, my mom asked him what it's name
was.
He told her "Nean." I asked him again, and he
said "Nean, Nienie."
So Nienie is what I used to call my older sister
Janine. And it's been shortened to Nean, which
is what Dmitri calls her. So he named his bear
Nean... after his auntie. I thought it was pretty
adorable!
He's never really been attached to anything.The only thing I can think of is his Bert stuffed
doll. Which Janine actually gave him, which
is interesting.
But his Nienie bear has gone everywhere with
us, and he even sleeps with him!
It's pretty adorable. Though - I think I'm over
the Star Wars theme song....
Well, Friday night we went to cousin Taylor's
first birthday.
There was a bouncy house - and lots of friends
and cousins to play with. And of course, lots of
cousins = equal lots of shoes!
He even ended up with this nice purple pair,
that he stole from his friend Mia.

Taylor and his Elmo cupcake
Saturday, it was a girls day out! The theme was,caring for ourselves.
So there were different pampering stations, and
then a smoothie demonstration.
My foot soak was taken over by this cute girl!!
How could I say no to this face?!
Sophie getting her nails painted by GrandmaToo adorable!!
Dmitri got to stay home - but he had fun too...
After the party, I picked up Dmitri - and wewent to visit some old Hawaii friends!
They live here now, and just had the sweetest
little baby, about 2 months ago.
Dmitri had fun exploring... and getting into
anything and everything!
Dmitri and Christopher

Isn't he the cutest baby?!?!My poor Dmitri got a little jealous... the
next day he kept calling himself the baby,
and wanted to be held like a baby :}
Sunday was my littlest sister's birthday.
She turned the big 1-6!
So crazy!
But we celebrated with some cake and ice
cream.
Oma made the mistake of letting Dmitri
lick the icing. Which he took as the green
light to keep doing it.... so she had to fix it
about a dozen times... :}


loved chasing the balloons with his cousins!!
And some randoms...
Dmitri thinking he's cool stuff this morning!





So fun!
ReplyDeleteWhere do you buy Dmitri's pj's? I've been looking for cute (and warmer ones) but can't find any. All I ever see are sesame street (yucko).
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad you guys came over to Taylor's Birthday party that night. We miss Daniel that night! Thanks for taking those cute pics of Taylor! Thanks for put into your cute blog. :) Taylor enjoy played with his cousin Dmitri that night.
ReplyDelete