I have problems losing weight?
This weekend was filled with food.
Starting with pumpkin pie, made from
scratch!
I bought a pumpkin last week - and all
the necessary ingredients, and made a
delish pumpkin pie!
And I gotta say, I had no idea you couldn't
make pie with any old pumpkin. You have
to get a pie pumpkin. Interesting.
Anywhos, I cut up the pumpkin, cleaned
it out {with Dmitri's help} and boiled it.
It was actually really fun :)
I also roasted the seeds - because you can't
let them go to waste!
Dmitri had a great time. Though I did have
to take over, when Dmitri started getting
a little out of hand - and started throwing
the guts on the floor...
I was so excited, the pumpkin even got his
own photoshoot... :}



Dmitri's first pumpkin. Kind of.




He may or may not have thrown a tantrum...
I don't exactly recall... :}
I love anything pumpkin flavored and/or
scented. So I was in heaven while it was
cooking.

The pies, before they were cooked.
I even had some left over!
So... Saturday afternoon, I went to get my
haircut. I left the pies in the oven, with the
timer on - and my mom said she'd take them
out for me. MMmhmm... She went on a walk
with Dmitri, and they were in there a little
longer than they should have been... so they
have some burnt spots. Otherwise, delicious!
Here's the recipe I used
So along with pumpkin, my mom got a
huge box of tomatoes {for free!}, and some
herbs, and started canning like a mad woman!
Well, she strung the herbs up to dry them
out - and boiled the tomatoes.
The house smelled so so good!

These are all her jars. She even had enough
to make a giant pot of chili!

And... further proof of why I can't lose
weight... Funnel cakes from breakfast
on Saturday! With caramelized bananas
of course.... :}
Dmitri was in heaven!
So Saturday afternoon, my littlest sister
and I, went and got our hair cut.
I don't know why I decided I needed bangs.
But I just think heavy bangs are so cute.
I have to admit... I did not like them when
the girl styled them. Once I got home and
redid them... much better.
But I'm still adjusting... and my bangs still
want to go sideways. It's a work in progress...



Dmitri's popcorn eyes.... :}
Popcorn popping!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise...!
Popcorn popping...
right before my eyes!
Smelling the popcorn :}
And scene.
Oh - and Dmitri decided to do some
rock climbing yesterday.
He was scaling up them before this
picture...

But we had a great weekend... and end
of the week.
I got to meet a friend for lunch, sans Dmitri.
I love Dmitri - but it's nice just to be able to
eat and chat... without having to chase him
or pull him out from under the table.
Friday night I went to dinner and a movie
with my friend Chelsea, before she headed
back home.
We saw 'You Again' which I totally recommend!
Randoms...
I had to run to the store the other night,
and left Dmitri. He wasn't happy about it,
so I brought him home a surprise... glow
bracelets! They were a hit :)

Sometimes these two, do get along
PS... Daniel comes home in a few weeks!!!
I'm so excited, I can't even stand it!!
This weekend was filled with food.
Starting with pumpkin pie, made from
scratch!
I bought a pumpkin last week - and all
the necessary ingredients, and made a
delish pumpkin pie!
And I gotta say, I had no idea you couldn't
make pie with any old pumpkin. You have
to get a pie pumpkin. Interesting.
Anywhos, I cut up the pumpkin, cleaned
it out {with Dmitri's help} and boiled it.
It was actually really fun :)
I also roasted the seeds - because you can't
let them go to waste!
Dmitri had a great time. Though I did have
to take over, when Dmitri started getting
a little out of hand - and started throwing
the guts on the floor...
I was so excited, the pumpkin even got his
own photoshoot... :}
I don't exactly recall... :}
scented. So I was in heaven while it was
cooking.
haircut. I left the pies in the oven, with the
timer on - and my mom said she'd take them
out for me. MMmhmm... She went on a walk
with Dmitri, and they were in there a little
longer than they should have been... so they
have some burnt spots. Otherwise, delicious!
So along with pumpkin, my mom got a
huge box of tomatoes {for free!}, and some
herbs, and started canning like a mad woman!
Well, she strung the herbs up to dry them
out - and boiled the tomatoes.
The house smelled so so good!
to make a giant pot of chili!
weight... Funnel cakes from breakfast
on Saturday! With caramelized bananas
of course.... :}
and I, went and got our hair cut.
I don't know why I decided I needed bangs.
But I just think heavy bangs are so cute.
I have to admit... I did not like them when
the girl styled them. Once I got home and
redid them... much better.
But I'm still adjusting... and my bangs still
want to go sideways. It's a work in progress...



Dmitri's popcorn eyes.... :}rock climbing yesterday.
He was scaling up them before this
picture...
of the week.
I got to meet a friend for lunch, sans Dmitri.
I love Dmitri - but it's nice just to be able to
eat and chat... without having to chase him
or pull him out from under the table.
Friday night I went to dinner and a movie
with my friend Chelsea, before she headed
back home.
We saw 'You Again' which I totally recommend!
Randoms...
I had to run to the store the other night,
and left Dmitri. He wasn't happy about it,
so I brought him home a surprise... glow
bracelets! They were a hit :)


Sometimes these two, do get alongI'm so excited, I can't even stand it!!




Your bangs are totally cute!!! That pie and breakfast look awesome!
ReplyDeleteI am loving your hair! I'm too afraid to get bangs. I did it awhile ago and they drove me insane. Always in my eyes and I couldn't put them up in a pony tail. Gah!
ReplyDeleteYour pumpkin pies look really good! And of course I saw a picture of food and now I must eat it.