to Ikea fabric. But more on that later!
Well, Tuesday we had a very fun day!!
Our good friends we had in Hawaii, came
up to visit! We haven't seen them since
March, last time we were in UT.
We miss them, since they left Hawaii!!
We met at our favorite place - Thanksgiving
Point - and let the kids check out the farm
animals.
Dmitri still loved it! He got up close and
personal with the animals... and got his
hand nibbled by a donkey... oop.
He wasn't feeling the pony ride this time.
Either that, or he didn't get the horse he
wanted... or there weren't two horses next
to each other. Because he went in... and would
say something and point... but I didn't really
get it. And he wouldn't sit on a horse. So we
just sat out, while Ava rode, and we waved to
her.
It was a bit more crowded, a lot of field trips
that day. But there was this little girl that
was following us.
Chelsea asked her where her mom was, and
she said "she's not here." Oh. Her dad? "He's
not here."
Luckliy her teacher came and found her - and
she was following us because her name was
Ava too - just like Dmitri's friend Ava :}
So after the farm, we headed up and had lunch
and ice cream at the cafe there. Then walked
around the garden and let the kids run around.
Oh. Dmitri decided to poop - and lay down
in the grass to be changed. It was a little tacky..
but no one was coming - so we lucked out :}
So we had a great day! We love our friends,
and love catching up with them!! We miss them :(


















So yesterday, we went to the zoo with some
of Dmitri's cousins.
We haven't been to the zoo since we've been
here, and I had been meaning to take him,
so this was perfect!
I opted to leave the stroller in the car...
because I knew he wouldn't sit in it. But
he saw wagons, and really wanted one. So
I splurged and got one. Oy. I don't know if
I'll do that again! But he did like sitting in
it with his cousin Ian, and they were dang
cute!
I think we lost his glasses there... or they're
buried deep down in the diaper bag. It's yet
to be determined...


He hitched a ride in Ian and Conner's stroller too...
And decided to bust some moves in the monkey house



And tried to catch some diseases....

We enjoyed the carousel! He thought it was very
interesting





Some of them zonked out... Dmitri wasn't one
of them....


And adorable Alex! He is so delectable!!
I love Dmitri's face in these next pictures :}
He thought Ian was the coolest! He did
everything Ian did. And Ian helped me
wrangle Dmitri... loved that!!

We also got to ride the train! Always a Dmitri
favorite!


We had a front row seat... so it was pretty loud!



So we had a busy two days - and a fun two days!
Dmitri was asleep in minutes, once we hit the
car. So I love that!
So Dmitri has this thing, where he likes to cuddle
with a towel after his baths. He'll be in pj's, and
still want to cuddle the wet towel.
So I decided to make his a blanket with a toweled
side.
I used Ikea fabric, and a jumbo Ikea towel. I sewed
around the trees... to hold the sides together. I love
it - he's not sold. Whatever.


And these... hello cranberry, my love! How I've
missed you! So finding these candles at Ikea was
a nice surprise! So Christmasy!!
So my little sister wanted a skirt... and I wanted to
try out this pattern. We found this fabric at Ikea
for $4.99 and yard.
This skirt was SO easy!! Like you could make a
skirt in 20 minutes! LOVE IT!
And we just surged the bottom... because hemming
you be a beast!
It turned out adorable. I must make more!
Well, Tuesday we had a very fun day!!
Our good friends we had in Hawaii, came
up to visit! We haven't seen them since
March, last time we were in UT.
We miss them, since they left Hawaii!!
We met at our favorite place - Thanksgiving
Point - and let the kids check out the farm
animals.
Dmitri still loved it! He got up close and
personal with the animals... and got his
hand nibbled by a donkey... oop.
He wasn't feeling the pony ride this time.
Either that, or he didn't get the horse he
wanted... or there weren't two horses next
to each other. Because he went in... and would
say something and point... but I didn't really
get it. And he wouldn't sit on a horse. So we
just sat out, while Ava rode, and we waved to
her.
It was a bit more crowded, a lot of field trips
that day. But there was this little girl that
was following us.
Chelsea asked her where her mom was, and
she said "she's not here." Oh. Her dad? "He's
not here."
Luckliy her teacher came and found her - and
she was following us because her name was
Ava too - just like Dmitri's friend Ava :}
So after the farm, we headed up and had lunch
and ice cream at the cafe there. Then walked
around the garden and let the kids run around.
Oh. Dmitri decided to poop - and lay down
in the grass to be changed. It was a little tacky..
but no one was coming - so we lucked out :}
So we had a great day! We love our friends,
and love catching up with them!! We miss them :(
of Dmitri's cousins.
We haven't been to the zoo since we've been
here, and I had been meaning to take him,
so this was perfect!
I opted to leave the stroller in the car...
because I knew he wouldn't sit in it. But
he saw wagons, and really wanted one. So
I splurged and got one. Oy. I don't know if
I'll do that again! But he did like sitting in
it with his cousin Ian, and they were dang
cute!
I think we lost his glasses there... or they're
buried deep down in the diaper bag. It's yet
to be determined...
interesting
of them....
everything Ian did. And Ian helped me
wrangle Dmitri... loved that!!
favorite!
Dmitri was asleep in minutes, once we hit the
car. So I love that!
So Dmitri has this thing, where he likes to cuddle
with a towel after his baths. He'll be in pj's, and
still want to cuddle the wet towel.
So I decided to make his a blanket with a toweled
side.
I used Ikea fabric, and a jumbo Ikea towel. I sewed
around the trees... to hold the sides together. I love
it - he's not sold. Whatever.
missed you! So finding these candles at Ikea was
a nice surprise! So Christmasy!!
try out this pattern. We found this fabric at Ikea
for $4.99 and yard.
This skirt was SO easy!! Like you could make a
skirt in 20 minutes! LOVE IT!
And we just surged the bottom... because hemmingyou be a beast!




I love ikea fabric too but I rarely take the time to buy it and then I always regret it.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your towel blanket idea, our kids love that, too!!!
That brown cow looks a little under fed.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know ikea sells fabric. Did you have to buy it online? Or do they cut it in the store? I really want to go to ikea. It's just you have to get there right when it opens or it's an awful mess.
Thanks for coming to the zoo with us this week! We had a great time! Cute pics too!!!
ReplyDelete