About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to life!

So last week was not so fun... for anyone living at
my parents house...
We all had the stomach flu!

It was awful... like a house of death :[

My parents, older sister and I, got it on the same
night... followed by my littlest sister the following
day, and Dmitri on Friday. Well... he also had a
bit of it on Weds too :(

I dropped 5lbs overnight, that's how bad it was.

So needless to say, we really didn't do much, but
lay on the sofa and in bed.

But between toilet runs, we did make it to the park
a couple times!

Park pic overload!!! Sorry in advance ;)
Some kid left their shoes at the park... and Dmitri
insisted he wear them. I told him we needed to leave
them there, so the owner could come back from them.
He wasn't having it... he thought he scored a new pair
of shoes....I hate socks... so Dmitri hardly wears them. But I found
some adorable Halloween socks at Target... and Dmitri
decided to get in on the holiday spirit early!This night, there were some kids practicing bike
jumps... and Dmitri was mesmerized!
They actually drew in quite a little crowd. So we
stayed and watched a bit... until Dmitri kept
running over to join their fun... I didn't want him
to get trampled!

So poor Dmitri. He had been sick earlier last week,
and then had been totally fine, while everyone else
was sick.Popsicle stained lips
Well come Friday, I was starting to get stir crazy,
and feeling better... so I decided to run to Target.

Dmitri had told me before we left, that his tummy
hurt.
I honestly didn't think it was a stomach ache,
because he had been fine that morning. I just
thought he might be hungry.
I buckled him in... and he says "Ouch... hoort.
Ouch" and lifts his shirt. I asked him what was
going on, and if I could fix it... and he asked me
to kiss his tummy. I then assumed that he hurt
it, because he was playing out back right before
we left.
So I gave his tummy a kiss... he said thank you,
and we headed out.
Well he fell asleep in like two seconds, then wakes
up crying. He just kept saying "ouch, hoort" and
lifting his shirt.
I decided to just turn around, and he home. And
right when I did, he says "pook!" and threw up
all over :(
Luckily we were only 5 mins from home... but 5
minutes that seemed like an hour! Of course that's
when everyone decides to obey ALL the traffic
laws.
I get him home, clean him up... and clean him up
again. And then about a half hour later... goes back
to acting totally normal. Which I was happy about!
I hate when he's sick :(
So the rest of our Friday, we just hung out.

I had signed up for the Buddy Walk earlier in the
week, assuming we'd be all better by Saturday.
Well... I didn't just not want to go, but I decided to
play it by ear.
I woke up with a few knots, and Dmitri seemed fine.
I kept asking him if his stomach hurt... and he'd say
"No." So I figured we'd go... and just keep our distance
from everyone :}

We drove down with our friends Jennie and Sophie,
and met up with some of our family that had signed
up.
They had some cute games and booths set up, along
with breakfast and some treat booths.
We only indulged on popcorn and cotton candy. Dmitri
is not a cotton candy fan... which disappoints me! :}
I LOVE IT!
We stood in line to get some, and even got to watch
them make it.
Well, at first Dmitri wasn't sure what to do with it. So
he thought it was some weird horn... and tried to blow
out the small end of the cone. Once I showed him he
was supposed to eat it... he tried some. But spit it out,
then took the remaining cotton candy, tore it off the
cone, threw it on the ground... and stomped on it. Sad!
I totally would have eaten it!

The walk was pretty short - but that was good, considering
we had two kids in strollers, that just wanted to go play
on the playground.

That was pretty much our weekend.
We ran around today, and made a trip to Ikea. But I
shall blog about that later.

These are totally out of order...
Sophie getting her tattoo put on
Face painting {Dmitri got yellow star}
And Sophie got a red heart
tasting the cotton candy....
and some popcorn...
Chick Fil A cow - once Dmitri saw Sophie get
a high 5... we had to go over so he could too...
My brother in laws band - 'Run The Sky Is Falling'
After the walk, and games, we decided to sit down
and have a snack. I laid a blanket down... and Dmitri
took it upon himself to crawl underneath it....Gorgeous view!These two are pretty adorable...But we had a really good time! I totally think
everyone should do the walk, support and get
involved!!

{Buddy Walk info}

Oh ps... Dmitri got a swing! He's been deprived
living in Hawaii. There is not a swing around us!
Anywhere. So his papa made him one! He's still
trying to get the hang of it :}Anywhos... goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. The flu is the worst but kids puking in the car is even worse! Glad you had a good trip otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that's really funny about stomping on the cotton candy. Yuck I'd do the same thing.
    Glad to hear you're all doing better!

    ReplyDelete