I don't know the meaning of the word bedtime.
I seriously struggle with this. No matter how
hard I try to get to bed early, I find myself still
going to bed no earlier than 1!
And here I am, at 2am.
Though in my defense, Dmitri set my nightly
tasks back a bit, since he decided to take a nap
at 6pm and not wake up till 7:30.
Today was kind of a hodge podge day.
I had another horrible night. Again, with the
gecko!!!
I was woken up by the chirping, again, but this
time I was just pissed.
So I decided to investigate, and get this stupid
thing out!
I tentatively pulled the curtains back, and saw
it hanging out on the window.
It's an adult one... not one of the bearable little
ones.
All our windows are fairly big, so I was able to
open the window opposite the one the gecko was
closest to, and prop the screen open. Thinking it'd
feel the air flow, and get the heck out! It did not.
So I started motioning it towards the window, by
flicking the opposite window. Kind of started to
work. So here I am... 1:30am, windows and curtains
wide open, in my underwear, frantically waving my
arms at this gecko, that's just staring at me.
Luckily, the only movement outside was a cat...
because that scenario could have been really
embarrassing....
Well, all the sudden, ANOTHER gecko comes out of
the windowsill near the propped open window, and
charges at me!!!
Heck... to the.NO! :O
So I grab a hanger and start tapping the window
trying to get it to retract and go back to the open window
side. Nope... he goes in the other direction. Of course.
I don't know if there have been two geckos... or if there
was the one, and the second came through the open
window, when it heard the first chirping. I don't know.
All I know is I was worse off then I was before... and I
know I woke my neighbors up. Which I almost took
advantage of, and wanted to ask how they felt about
catching geckos with their bare hands... and if they'd
want to do that for me.... lol I did refrain. I don't think
they need to think I'm any crazier...
So, after about 2 and a half hours of tapping and swooshing
and flapping... I get them both to the side I want. But,
they go above the window, into the tract {their usual hiding
spot}. But that worked... kind of.
So I'm able to slightly tilt the window, and block them from
coming out that side again. So that means they have about
12 inches of space... and then they'd be outside.
The bad news with that, because the window was tilted up,
I had a 4 inch opening on the bottom corner... and that
doesn't go well with an open screen. So I covered it with
paper, and taped it up.
After all this... it was a little past 5am... ugh!
I did fall asleep until about 8:30, when Dmitri woke up.
I figured that was enough time for them to make their way
outside. So I slowly start pulling back the tape on the bottom
right corner. What do I see? The tail of a gecko, who is
sun bathing on the paper. The audacity!!!!
So I left the tape a little longer....
But then, something catches my eye, near the bottom of
the window, where the air conditioner is. Oh... another
gecko tail!!!
So I tap it with a hanger... and it move away. So I taped
the corner closed. Boo!!
I left the window open for a few more hours, and periodically
ran outside to check the status. They had moved, FINALLY
and I was able to shut the window, and seal ALL corners!
If another one gets in, oh my. I don't think I'd be able
to be as humane!
So because the window was open, and there are massive
amounts of gecko poop in the windowsill... we were graced
with the presence of flies. 4 of them to be exact. Too bad
for them, I'm not as forgiving. So I spent the afternoon
swatting at them - and successfully killing them all!!! Bha!
Blah.
Oh yes, and along with my crazy morning... my internet
pooped out.
I did the usual, first check the bank account and see if I
paid the bill..... yes I did. It's on automatic payments. Dur.
So I call the cable\internet people, and between being on
hold and troubleshooting... an hour and ten minutes. Which
of course at the end of that, they tell me they can't solve my
problem, and I have to call the people who make my router.
Awesome.
Poor Dmitri, he had to entertain himself this morning...
and ate breakfast later then I'm sure his tummy would have
liked. So he got french toast with extra syrup and powdered
sugar, for being so patient. Yea, he ate it all.
Anywhos... I call the router people, and the guy takes me
through all these steps, just to tell me, that my router was
purchased in 2007... and my one year warranty had expired.
So the only way he'd continue to talk to me, is if I pay for
a 6 month extended warranty, for $40. Or, pay a one time
tech support fee of $30.
Well... he kind of annoyed me from the beginning, because
he talked too slow - and I wanted to scream "STOP THE
CUSTOMER SERVICE SCHPEL, AND JUST TELL ME
HOW TO FIX IT!!!"
He was also super condescending... and got annoyed with
me, when HE explained himself wrong.
So I said thanks, but no thanks. And hung up.
Poor Daniel called right after that, and tried to help me.
But I guess I got a little grumpy with him... which I did
apologize for. I did appreciate him trying to help!
Alright... so around 2pm {internet went down sometime
after 5 am... I have this idea.
If my internet works when I plug the ethernet cable directly
into the computer and laptop... then why is my laptop not
detected the wireless??
So I click the Network Setup... and go through the steps
of making a new connection. Hmm... so our usual name
didn't come up, but a generic one did... which usually
isn't there... so I click to connect, and instant wireless internet!
I don't know why our router modem whatever name changed,
or why the light on the router is still orange, instead of it's
usual white... but my internet is currently working, and we're
going with it.
Blah!
Between all this, I flipped the sofas over, and cleaned under-
neath them.
I ended up trapping myself, without the dustpan, so I have
to rearrange to get out.
Well, I see my little helper, who was right next to me, appear
on the other side of the sofa... and then he disappears, and is
standing next to me again.
I look under the sofa, and there is a little tunnel! How fun!! :D
So we spent the next half hour crawling in and out of the tunnel.
It was delightful!! :)
{ps... Dmitri's nakedness is his doing! It's a losing battle for me...}
Some other happenings today, Dmitri and I "bowled" with
some water bottles. Brilliant idea! And colored, then played
Play-doh.
He's still pretty congested. So that mixed with the rain outside,
we were homebodies. But it was nice.
Oh yea, he found an ace bandage in a bin... and wanted me to
open it. So I did... and wrapped his arm.
He kept it on for a bit... and I ended up having to take it off,
because his hand was turning purple. Oops!
So we put it on Woody instead...
Speaking of Woody... more then I'd like to admit, he's scared the
crap out of me.
When I check on Dmitri at night, and his room is dark, I open his
door, and there's Woody staring at me... with his wide eyes! Geh.
Alright... this post is getting too long! Here's the rest in pictures..
My little helper! He wanted to vacuum today! Well... only for
10 seconds. Which he thought was worthy enough to dump
the bucket in the trash.... Hey, whatever motivates!!
This box is now gold! It used to be $4.50 at Target {24 pack}
I went to buy another box the other day... $8.50!!! It went
up $4!! I even have to scan the box to double check. That is
just insane to me!!
Dmitri's new favorite snack... frozen Gogurts...
He was playing with his Thomas trains in the ottoman....
I went to clean the carpet in Dmitri's room, so I had to
pick up everything that was on the floor. He then got
very protective of his belongings
And his shoes on the wrong feet :}
Lastly... he got a bath in the sink tonight. He was
in heaven!



Fun fun!!! :)
Playing with his race car! {long movie:}
hard I try to get to bed early, I find myself still
going to bed no earlier than 1!
And here I am, at 2am.
Though in my defense, Dmitri set my nightly
tasks back a bit, since he decided to take a nap
at 6pm and not wake up till 7:30.
Today was kind of a hodge podge day.
I had another horrible night. Again, with the
gecko!!!
I was woken up by the chirping, again, but this
time I was just pissed.
So I decided to investigate, and get this stupid
thing out!
I tentatively pulled the curtains back, and saw
it hanging out on the window.
It's an adult one... not one of the bearable little
ones.
All our windows are fairly big, so I was able to
open the window opposite the one the gecko was
closest to, and prop the screen open. Thinking it'd
feel the air flow, and get the heck out! It did not.
So I started motioning it towards the window, by
flicking the opposite window. Kind of started to
work. So here I am... 1:30am, windows and curtains
wide open, in my underwear, frantically waving my
arms at this gecko, that's just staring at me.
Luckily, the only movement outside was a cat...
because that scenario could have been really
embarrassing....
Well, all the sudden, ANOTHER gecko comes out of
the windowsill near the propped open window, and
charges at me!!!
Heck... to the.NO! :O
So I grab a hanger and start tapping the window
trying to get it to retract and go back to the open window
side. Nope... he goes in the other direction. Of course.
I don't know if there have been two geckos... or if there
was the one, and the second came through the open
window, when it heard the first chirping. I don't know.
All I know is I was worse off then I was before... and I
know I woke my neighbors up. Which I almost took
advantage of, and wanted to ask how they felt about
catching geckos with their bare hands... and if they'd
want to do that for me.... lol I did refrain. I don't think
they need to think I'm any crazier...
So, after about 2 and a half hours of tapping and swooshing
and flapping... I get them both to the side I want. But,
they go above the window, into the tract {their usual hiding
spot}. But that worked... kind of.
So I'm able to slightly tilt the window, and block them from
coming out that side again. So that means they have about
12 inches of space... and then they'd be outside.
The bad news with that, because the window was tilted up,
I had a 4 inch opening on the bottom corner... and that
doesn't go well with an open screen. So I covered it with
paper, and taped it up.
After all this... it was a little past 5am... ugh!
I did fall asleep until about 8:30, when Dmitri woke up.
I figured that was enough time for them to make their way
outside. So I slowly start pulling back the tape on the bottom
right corner. What do I see? The tail of a gecko, who is
sun bathing on the paper. The audacity!!!!
So I left the tape a little longer....
But then, something catches my eye, near the bottom of
the window, where the air conditioner is. Oh... another
gecko tail!!!
So I tap it with a hanger... and it move away. So I taped
the corner closed. Boo!!
I left the window open for a few more hours, and periodically
ran outside to check the status. They had moved, FINALLY
and I was able to shut the window, and seal ALL corners!
If another one gets in, oh my. I don't think I'd be able
to be as humane!
So because the window was open, and there are massive
amounts of gecko poop in the windowsill... we were graced
with the presence of flies. 4 of them to be exact. Too bad
for them, I'm not as forgiving. So I spent the afternoon
swatting at them - and successfully killing them all!!! Bha!
Blah.
Oh yes, and along with my crazy morning... my internet
pooped out.
I did the usual, first check the bank account and see if I
paid the bill..... yes I did. It's on automatic payments. Dur.
So I call the cable\internet people, and between being on
hold and troubleshooting... an hour and ten minutes. Which
of course at the end of that, they tell me they can't solve my
problem, and I have to call the people who make my router.
Awesome.
Poor Dmitri, he had to entertain himself this morning...
and ate breakfast later then I'm sure his tummy would have
liked. So he got french toast with extra syrup and powdered
sugar, for being so patient. Yea, he ate it all.
Anywhos... I call the router people, and the guy takes me
through all these steps, just to tell me, that my router was
purchased in 2007... and my one year warranty had expired.
So the only way he'd continue to talk to me, is if I pay for
a 6 month extended warranty, for $40. Or, pay a one time
tech support fee of $30.
Well... he kind of annoyed me from the beginning, because
he talked too slow - and I wanted to scream "STOP THE
CUSTOMER SERVICE SCHPEL, AND JUST TELL ME
HOW TO FIX IT!!!"
He was also super condescending... and got annoyed with
me, when HE explained himself wrong.
So I said thanks, but no thanks. And hung up.
Poor Daniel called right after that, and tried to help me.
But I guess I got a little grumpy with him... which I did
apologize for. I did appreciate him trying to help!
Alright... so around 2pm {internet went down sometime
after 5 am... I have this idea.
If my internet works when I plug the ethernet cable directly
into the computer and laptop... then why is my laptop not
detected the wireless??
So I click the Network Setup... and go through the steps
of making a new connection. Hmm... so our usual name
didn't come up, but a generic one did... which usually
isn't there... so I click to connect, and instant wireless internet!
I don't know why our router modem whatever name changed,
or why the light on the router is still orange, instead of it's
usual white... but my internet is currently working, and we're
going with it.
Blah!
Between all this, I flipped the sofas over, and cleaned under-
neath them.
I ended up trapping myself, without the dustpan, so I have
to rearrange to get out.
Well, I see my little helper, who was right next to me, appear
on the other side of the sofa... and then he disappears, and is
standing next to me again.
I look under the sofa, and there is a little tunnel! How fun!! :D
So we spent the next half hour crawling in and out of the tunnel.
It was delightful!! :)
{ps... Dmitri's nakedness is his doing! It's a losing battle for me...}Some other happenings today, Dmitri and I "bowled" with
some water bottles. Brilliant idea! And colored, then played
Play-doh.
He's still pretty congested. So that mixed with the rain outside,
we were homebodies. But it was nice.
open it. So I did... and wrapped his arm.
He kept it on for a bit... and I ended up having to take it off,
because his hand was turning purple. Oops!
So we put it on Woody instead...crap out of me.
When I check on Dmitri at night, and his room is dark, I open his
door, and there's Woody staring at me... with his wide eyes! Geh.
My little helper! He wanted to vacuum today! Well... only for
10 seconds. Which he thought was worthy enough to dump
the bucket in the trash.... Hey, whatever motivates!!
This box is now gold! It used to be $4.50 at Target {24 pack}I went to buy another box the other day... $8.50!!! It went
up $4!! I even have to scan the box to double check. That is
just insane to me!!
pick up everything that was on the floor. He then got
very protective of his belongings
in heaven!

Playing with his race car! {long movie:}
Minus the craziness of this morning... it was actually
a pretty good day!
Dmitri was hilarious all day! And didn't get time out
once!! :) He also pooped in the potty, and had one
minor pee accident... but ran to the toilet when I told
him to!
Plus... I have an awesome and handsome hubby that
I love more then anything!!!
:)
So it was good!
Plus... knock of wood... no gecko chirping!!!
Dmitri was hilarious all day! And didn't get time out
once!! :) He also pooped in the potty, and had one
minor pee accident... but ran to the toilet when I told
him to!
Plus... I have an awesome and handsome hubby that
I love more then anything!!!
:)
So it was good!
Plus... knock of wood... no gecko chirping!!!




LOL about the gecko and Dmitri's nakedness! Sounds like you two have been busy!! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteI was reading this post in a meeting to other day and had to stop when I started to laugh out loud.
ReplyDelete