But it wasn't.
I probably got the award for the 'Worst Mom'
Dmitri threw a tantrum everywhere we went.
My house looked like a bomb went off.
And.... I have completely and 100% lost my
keys. Of course to the car we don't have a spare
key for, and that has a full tank of gas.
We woke up this morning... got some Jamba
Juice on the road... which is a bad idea to let
a toddler drink, while driving down the freeway. I
think we almost got in like 6 accidents.
*** the lid kept popping off...
So we ran around and did some errands.
We returned our overdue library books,
all but one. We of course had a straggler.
Then I dropped two bags of clothes off to
Goodwill... but did rescue one pair of jeans
before I handed over the bags.
Got gas, and then did some grocery shopping.
Dmitri did not want to sit in the cart. Which
he doesn't ever want to do anymore. He
insists that he either walk, or be carried. It's
obviously easier to carry him, except when
he wants to help push... because that just kills
my arm. But when he walks, he gets distracted
a lot.
I've started using a carrier, which is great
for hip carrying, but nothing made him happy
today. I'm surprised the world didn't hear him
screaming in Target.
Though it was later in
the day, he needed a nap, and it was an hour
past lunch. So he was done.
So we get home, check the mail, carry stuff
inside... and done.
I lounged on the couch a bit, while Dmitri
played... and that was the rest of our afternoon.
Then, I made plans to meet with a friend at
the park. So I pack us up... but my keys are no
where to be found. I tear the house apart - and
still nothing. This started around 5 - and they're
still missing as of 11:40 tonight.
I even called our insurance, to have roadside
assistant come unlock the car, thinking I left
them in there. Nope!
I have no idea where they are. I'm so paranoid
that I dropped them out front, and someone
found them. Which means someone has access
to my house! But I would think I'd have heard
them drop.
I searched all Dmitri's usual hiding spots, picked
up the sofa, and looked between all the cushions.
I even checked the fridge and freezer.
I just cannot remember what I did when I first
got home! And all I want to do is talk to Daniel,
but he's 5 hours ahead.
Luckily I got Dmitri's car seat out of the car,
when the roadside assistance guy came out.
But I forgot to grab his stroller and the GPS.
The alarm also went off until we locked the
car and closed the door.
Just a frustrating day! I yelled at Dmitri more
then he deserved. He peed in the potty 3 times
in a row - like 10 mins apart - which would
have been good had he told me. Instead, he
got sneaky and decided to play and splash in
it, all 3 times!
I just felt like a horrible mom. And then, while
watching Barney, they started the "I Love You
Song," and he comes over and hugs and kisses
me. Which just made me feel worse.
Today sucked! And I want my stupid keys!!
Yesterday was a little better. Mainly because
I checked before driving to the Children's
Discovery Center - and found out they were
closed Mondays.
That would have sucked to drive there, just
to find out it's closed.
So since it was raining, we went for something
indoors. We went to the mall, and checked out
the animatronic dinosaurs they had on display!
So that was fun!
Anywhos... here's a few pics
Only Daniel's son would insist on taking a mouse
with him...

He found an old radar detector, and decided
it made a prefect camera. He was walking
around, wanting me to say cheese. It was cute!
So here's to a better day! And hopefully
my keys turning up!!!
I probably got the award for the 'Worst Mom'
Dmitri threw a tantrum everywhere we went.
My house looked like a bomb went off.
And.... I have completely and 100% lost my
keys. Of course to the car we don't have a spare
key for, and that has a full tank of gas.
We woke up this morning... got some Jamba
Juice on the road... which is a bad idea to let
a toddler drink, while driving down the freeway. I
think we almost got in like 6 accidents.
*** the lid kept popping off...
So we ran around and did some errands.
We returned our overdue library books,
all but one. We of course had a straggler.
Then I dropped two bags of clothes off to
Goodwill... but did rescue one pair of jeans
before I handed over the bags.
Got gas, and then did some grocery shopping.
Dmitri did not want to sit in the cart. Which
he doesn't ever want to do anymore. He
insists that he either walk, or be carried. It's
obviously easier to carry him, except when
he wants to help push... because that just kills
my arm. But when he walks, he gets distracted
a lot.
I've started using a carrier, which is great
for hip carrying, but nothing made him happy
today. I'm surprised the world didn't hear him
screaming in Target.
Though it was later in
the day, he needed a nap, and it was an hour
past lunch. So he was done.
So we get home, check the mail, carry stuff
inside... and done.
I lounged on the couch a bit, while Dmitri
played... and that was the rest of our afternoon.
Then, I made plans to meet with a friend at
the park. So I pack us up... but my keys are no
where to be found. I tear the house apart - and
still nothing. This started around 5 - and they're
still missing as of 11:40 tonight.
I even called our insurance, to have roadside
assistant come unlock the car, thinking I left
them in there. Nope!
I have no idea where they are. I'm so paranoid
that I dropped them out front, and someone
found them. Which means someone has access
to my house! But I would think I'd have heard
them drop.
I searched all Dmitri's usual hiding spots, picked
up the sofa, and looked between all the cushions.
I even checked the fridge and freezer.
I just cannot remember what I did when I first
got home! And all I want to do is talk to Daniel,
but he's 5 hours ahead.
Luckily I got Dmitri's car seat out of the car,
when the roadside assistance guy came out.
But I forgot to grab his stroller and the GPS.
The alarm also went off until we locked the
car and closed the door.
Just a frustrating day! I yelled at Dmitri more
then he deserved. He peed in the potty 3 times
in a row - like 10 mins apart - which would
have been good had he told me. Instead, he
got sneaky and decided to play and splash in
it, all 3 times!
I just felt like a horrible mom. And then, while
watching Barney, they started the "I Love You
Song," and he comes over and hugs and kisses
me. Which just made me feel worse.
Today sucked! And I want my stupid keys!!
Yesterday was a little better. Mainly because
I checked before driving to the Children's
Discovery Center - and found out they were
closed Mondays.
That would have sucked to drive there, just
to find out it's closed.
So since it was raining, we went for something
indoors. We went to the mall, and checked out
the animatronic dinosaurs they had on display!
So that was fun!
Anywhos... here's a few pics
Only Daniel's son would insist on taking a mouse
with him...
it made a prefect camera. He was walking
around, wanting me to say cheese. It was cute!
my keys turning up!!!




I lost my keys for like 3 days last week because I let Hazel play with them. I finally found them in one of her purses.
ReplyDeleteLost keys are the worst! I hope they turn up soon. Good luck with everything and I hope today is better! Call if you need anything!
ReplyDeleteSara, you are so lucky to have Dmitri, he loves you in spite of your mean mommy streak ;) Haha, you are a wonderful mother! Everyone has an off day. I hope the keys turn up soon. Think of the last and most random place you think they would be and that's probably where they are.
ReplyDelete