About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our bummer weekend.... :[

Not really a fun weekend for us.
Well, except that Dmitri's all better!
So that's good!

But Daniel headed to Texas on Saturday.

Friday he had the day off, except that
he had to go into work because his paper-
work got messed up. So he was there for
a couple hours.

After that, we just hung out. Lol and that
was our Friday!
We thought about getting out, and maybe
making a beach trip - but it was raining off
and on - so no go!

Saturday... kind of the same. Daniel caught
a little bit of what Dmitri had, so he was
feeling kind of crumby... that and he didn't
want to leave, so he held out as long as he
could.

But around 6 he started making his list,
and packing his bags. Dmitri was 'helpful'
so that was fun... :}

We headed to the airport around 8:30,
and got there way too fast...
I knew I was going to be a complete mess
saying goodbye, but he was having trouble
getting the lock on his bag to work... so that
was a good distraction!
So it was a quick goodbye, then he said bye
to Dmitri... who didn't take it well. He was
straight tears... which broke my heart!

So we watched Daniel walk into the airport,
while Dmitri and I sobbed in the car... and
on the entire way home... :'(
I think Dmitri being upset, just made it worse
for me.
I turned on one of Dmitri's CD's, and he cried
the whole way through the first song, and as
soon as the song was over, he stopped crying,
and cheered and applauded. Which he does when
a song of show ends... or we're down with a book.
But after he applauded, it's like he didn't skip a
beat, and was back to crying. It was a little
bit amusing :]

I let Dmitri calm down and relax a bit before
I put him to bed. And thank goodness, it
was pretty easy getting Dmitri to sleep.

Today, we woke up and just hung out until
we had to leave for church.
We Skyped Daniel - which was lovely! Dmitri
LOVED talking to Daniel! When we were saying
goodbye, Dmitri leans into the computer screen,
and gives Daniel a big kiss! It was so so sweet!

Daniel made it just fine to TX. He slept the entire
flight from HI to AZ, but said he couldn't get
comfy on the flight from AZ to TX.

Once he made it to TX, he took a cab to his
hotel, which is pretty nice!
He's got a flat screen, a sofa and a little kitchen.
So it shouldn't be a bad 4 months for him!

Tomorrow he has to take care of paperwork,
then find out what he'll do from there.

Church was good. My class cooperated and that
was nice!
We haven't been to church in two weeks, so I
was curious how Dmitri would do. He got a little
freaked walking into the chapel, and wanted to
be held.
When I picked him up, he hugged me, and
buried his head in my neck. I think he got
freaked out by all the people.
But I put him down right before we got to his
class. This was cute... his shirt came up a bit,
and one of the older girls {Yochabelle, she's 9}
came over, said hi to him, and fixed his shirt.
I thought that was pretty sweet and adorable!!

So we got to Nursery - I opened the door, and
he walked right in. So being gone for two weeks
wasn't too bad!

Primary got out late, so he was one of the last
to be picked up.
When I rounded the corner... I just see his head
looking over the gate... waiting for me :) He just
had the biggest smile!
He got to plant a sunflower plant in Nursery,
and he was so proud of it! He had to hold it the
whole way home :)

So that was our weekend!

I'm hoping for a busy week... so we'll have to
think of some fun things to do!

Here's Dmitri and his sunflower plant :]This was right before church... he was being crazy...
:]
Saturday, Daniel cleaned up the lanai a bit,
and watered our dead lawn. Dmitri wanted to
help, but thought it was more fun to chase the
water hose! I love his face in these pics :}
Dmitri fell asleep tonight, while we were saying
our nighttime prayer... so he fell asleep with his
arms folded.
I tried to get a pic, but he woke up when I was
trying to get the flash to go... so he looks grumpy :}
Daniel was snoozing on the sofa Friday... and
Dmitri went to cuddle!
I love my family! And miss my hubby so much.
I know we'll keep ourselves busy, and we'll be
fine, but it's just not the same without him here.
It's just lonely :[
The month before our wedding, he was in WA
for a month. He came home like a week before
we were married.
Then, he was in TX for 2 months, 2 months after
Dmitri was born. And now... 4 months. I hope
4 months is the most we ever have to be apart!
But I hope this is the only time we'll have to be
apart this long....
So hopefully we can make a trip to TX in a month
or two... or he can make one to UT when we go
visit!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Dmitri is so cute in his bowtie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had no idea that Daniel was going to be gone that long! I figured it was just like a two week trip or something. Hopefully it goes by fast! I'm sure Dmitri will keep ya busy! :)

    ReplyDelete