About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sleepy baby...

So these are all the pics I've taken recently...
Poor guys has been so sleep the past few days.
But has also been up at weird hours, so I guess
it all evens out.

We took him to the doctors on Tuesday, to make
sure he didn't pick anything up from the ocean
or pool... and to make sure he wasn't dehydrated.

Daniel was working, so it was nice having him
meet us there.
It was also nice, that I got a killer parking spot!
Which never happens, especially at noon!

So I unload Dmitri, and we walk up to the hospital.
As we're walking, a soldier in uniform passes us,
and Dmitri mistook him for Daniel, because he
reaches his arms out, but didn't understand why
the guy didn't pick him up...
Anywhos... we get to the pediatricians, and check
in. I pointed Dmitri to the door, so he could see
when Daniel came in.
He just wanted to push the handicap button, but
before he could get upset, Daniel walked in, and
made Dmitri's day. His is all about daddy lately!
Well... always, but he's turning into Daniel's shadow.

We sit down in the lobby - and wait.
We actually didn't have to wait too long, at least
for the first part.
I gotta say, Dmitri pooped 4 pull-ups in an hour...
so we had to ask the receptionist for a diaper... one
of them also leaked on me... so that was nice!

They took Dmitri's height and weight, 26lbs and
35inches... which equals 50% on weight and 90%
on height! I was relieved to find out he didn't lose
any weight from not eating. He was actually 1/2lb
heavier then he was 3 weeks ago.
So that was good. Then the nurse took his temp
and listened to his heart.
Dmitri was sitting on Daniel's lap, and the nurse
goes to put the stethoscope on his chest. Dmitri
took it from her, and held it up to his heart for her,
until she said okay - and then he put it on his back.

Daniel has a stethoscope that Dmitri always pulls
out, so we'll hold it to his chest - but I can't remember
ever holding it to his back... so I don't know where
he picked that up at. Maybe he remembers from
his last appointment? Meh.

So all his vitals were good! Then back to waiting.

We got called again about 10 mins later, and head
back to the exam room. The doctor was really
nice, but super young!
Dmitri liked him okay... at first. He let Dmitri
stand on the table while he checked him over
and asked us a bunch of questions. Dmitri just
stood there... drinking his drink.
But, then the doctor had Daniel lay Dmitri down,
to check his ears. This NEVER goes well with
Dmitri. I wish they wouldn't make us do it...
But he told Daniel to hold Dmitri's arms down,
while the doctor held his head in place. Yes...
Dmitri screamed bloody murder!
Which meant the doctor took advantage and
checked his throat... so we had a poor screaming,
crying and now gagging baby. I felt so bad :[

But Daniel comforted him after, and he recovered
pretty quickly.
He had no ear infection, or sore throat, so the
doctor said it's just a virus that needs to run it's
coarse.
He said he wasn't dehydrated because he was
drinking his drink just fine, and producing tears
and saliva. So that was good!

So that's all he has.

Today has been a lot better. He has slept a lot,
but woke up at 4:30 this morning, covered in poop.

After cleaning him up, and throwing the dirty
blankets in the wash, we were awake. So we
laid around... and he fell asleep around 6:30, and
was out till almost 9.

But he has pooped twice today, and that's it!!
Woohoo!!

He's still not eating much... but he's eating better
then he has been.

Well Daniel leaves for TX this Saturday :'( I was
hoping he'd be off the couple days before, but he
worked today, and will tomorrow, but has Friday
off. Better than nothing I guess!
But I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'm already
missing him, and I know Dmitri is going to cry, a lot.
He cries if Daniel goes to pump gas, and he can't see
him, because he thinks he left.
When I leave, he just waves and says "bye!"
Whatever.... :[

But I hope Daniel has fun, and gets to know some
cool people! But misses us, of course, because we'll
be missing him!!!!!

So yes... nothing fun today. Just got caught up on
chores - almost. And ran to the store for a second.

I did get the car washed... and it started raining
right as I was pulling out of the wash.
It was overcast, but the clouds weren't very dark.
Bummer.

Tonight after Daniel got home, Dmitri fell asleep,
and slept from 4:30, till almost 8:30! And then
went to bed at 10:30, without much protest. All
this sleeping and cooperating is nice... but I miss
my crazy baby!!!

Alright, hopefully tomorrow will be better!!
Especially since I still haven't taken pics of Dmitri
on his bike, which I got for his birthday.
I wanted to get him one for his birthday in August,
but since we might not be home then, I got it for
him now, so he can use it before we leave!

Fun fun fun!!

Here are some pics from last week, that my friend
sent to me! Love my little punkin baby!!!

3 comments:

  1. Kids are way more comfortable with Mom leaving because we rarely do. They hate it when Dads leave because they're gone so often. Darn kids :) I'm sure you'll do great with Daniel gone but that still stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry dmitri isn't feeling good. That seems like a lot of poop for a little guy. I hope he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics of Dmitri! I'm sorry he was so sick. That is not fun at all. Glad he is getting better! I hope we can see you guys soon. Take care Sara!

    ReplyDelete