About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It had to happen, right?

Dmitri is sick with a stomach virus.
This was the first time he has ever
thrown up... excluding a few spit ups
here and there.

He must know how much I hate puke,
and can't handle it....

I blogged earlier about him pooping
at the pool, well it just got worse from
there.
He had diarrhea all Friday afternoon,
and Saturday.
We kept him in Saturday, so he could
relax {yea, right}.
So Saturday night, I'm reading him his
bedtime story, and he falls asleep in the
middle of it... which never happens.
But I just figured he was really tired...

I head to bed a few hours later, and Daniel
stayed up for a bit.
So while I'm snoozing away, Dmitri had
woken up crying, and Daniel went to go
get him.
He calmed down... and was laying in his
bed, when he turns his head and makes
a loud gurgle noise.
Daniel looks, and there was puke all over
his bed :[
Daniel sad he puked for a bit... then they
watched Sesame Street and Dmitri fell
back asleep.

I woke up when Daniel came in the room,
and he told me what happen. I looked at
the clock, and it was 3:45... so they had
been up for awhile :[
I felt so bad! I wasn't there to comfort my
baby, and Daniel had to take care of a sick
baby, and clean up the puke.
But that's when having a nurse as a husband
comes in handy... he doesn't mind a little
bodily function.

So luckily, Sunday was Stake Conference, so
we stayed home and took it easy.
Dmitri was acting totally fine, and you wouldn't
even know he was sick. Except for the diarrhea
and not eating :[
He slept through the night Sunday, and seemed
to be feeling even better on Monday.
He even ate some food, and had an almost non-
diarrhea poop {TMI?}!

But... here we are tonight, at 3:30am... he's
laying on the ottoman, watching Sesame Street,
with a cup of pedialite and a bucket...

I went to bed at 1, and about 15 minutes after,
I woke up to him crying a bad cry... so I rushed
to his room, and you could hear it coming, and
him fighting it back. So to the bathroom we went.

We sat in there for 20 mins while he threw up.
It broke my heart :'( I wanted to switch places
with him.
If someone even mentions they're queasy... I
get nauseous, almost anticipating their puking...
So I was sure that if Dmitri puked, I wouldn't
be able to handle it. But I did. I held him and
talked to him, and we made it through.

So 20 minutes of puking, was followed by gas.
Gas that should not be coming out of a 22 month
old. His poor stomach was so hard, and he was
so pale.
I had Daniel get up, just to check on him. He
kept dropping his head, from exhaustion, but
I just wanted to be sure we didn't need to rush
him to the hospital! I'm paranoid like that...
I think we're going to take him to the doctor
tomorrow. I want to be sure he didn't pick up
a parasite or anything from the pool or beach
last week!

But we just had another interval of puking...
but he seems better again.
Blah... sick babies make me sad :(

Well, here's the positives of the past few days;
Dmitri got a tricycle!
I blogged earlier about how obsessed he gets
when he sees them in the store - so he was
thrilled when I brought it home!
I spent almost an hour at the store, debating
between the already put together tricycle,
without the push bar... or the tricycle I need
to put together, with the push bar. That was
also $15 more. How is that fair??
Well - I opted for the push bar. Dmitri is fearless,
so I need something I can grab onto in case he
gets a little too crazy!
Putting it together was pretty easy. I don't know
how I got stuck putting it together either!!
But anywhos... Dmitri did help. By taking all the
tools and screws, and putting them in the tricycle
basket....
But yes, even though he was sick, he was not
sick enough to not ride his trike!!
I still need to get pics!!

Sunday was Father's Day. I made Daniel some
German Pancakes. I forget how much he likes
them, because I've only made them one other
time, and that was almost 2 years ago. So we'll
have to make them more often!Dmitri picked out Daniel's card. It was a fold
out under the sea card, with colorful shiny fish.
It was cute! So we gave Daniel his present. He
got an IOU for an Iphone 4g, and I wanted him
to have something to open, so I had these dog
tags made for him. I'm happy with how they
turned out!He also got some cupcakes... and a blah dinner,
because I was sick of dishes by that point! :}

But that part of the day was good!

Today, I thought Dmitri was better... so we
did some errands.
He was fine with that though... he got a ball
to replace the one that got lost at the park,
and a piggy bank that was on sale.
I let him put all the loose change in it when
we got home. So he was thrilled with that.

But yes... fun fun!

Oh yea... Daniel's leg, that I mentioned earlier

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hope the doctors can figure out what's bothering Dmitri's tummy. Not fun. For anyone.
    Try and get some rest while he rests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Dmitri! :( That made me sad just reading it. I hope he feels better ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! He's doing better... and we slept a lot yesterday - which was much needed!!

    ReplyDelete