About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Just a little post...

Today was a good day for Dmitri and I.
We went swimming and enjoyed our time
in the sun and water!
Okay... kind of cute.
There is a soda vending machine in the
pool area. Well Dmitri was trying to get
free sodas, when a large palm branch falls
from the tree.
He watches it fall, and takes his hand and
smacks his face and says "ahw..." and shakes
his head. He totally got that from Barney,
and it was stinkin' cute!!

Alright... so I blogged about Dmitri's new
climbing skill. He can now scale the kitchen
cabinets and dishwasher. He will find anything
he can for an extra boost. Sometimes a
basket that's only a few inches high... and he
succeeds!
I was telling my mom about this, and she
just laughed, and said paybacks a B#!$*.
She said I used to do the same thing, and I
guess I did it so much that I tore a few cabinet
doors off the cabinets. She said they also had
to secure dresses to the walls, because I'd
pull out the drawers and climb them like
stairs.
And all along I was blaming this trait on Daniel.
Sigh....

first attempt... he wasn't sure he should try
while I was standing there...



Also, just a little bit about the Amish friendship
bread... here's a link for it. It has directions on
the starter, as well as the bread.

Amish Friendship Bread

The only difference between this one and mine;
mine says not to use ANYTHING metal!
No metal bowls, spoons, etc. And do not
refrigerate or freeze.
And mine also calls for a pack of large instant
pudding {vanilla or choc {but choc seems weird}}
and then I added raisins and sprinkled it with
more cinnamon and sugar then I should have.
Which I totally recommend :}

** but I did buy some chocolate chips today Rachael! ;)

And lastly... Dmitri was being sneaking in the
kitchen. Daniel asked Dmitri what he was doing,
and Dmitri wouldn't say anything. But you
could hear him working on something.
And I found out what it was... stickers!
Stickers are what originally started the counter
scaling. He's obsessed. At first he'd just put
them on himself... now he puts them
everywhere!
I was laying on the sofa the other day,
and he comes up to me with a weird smile...
I said, "yeeesss....?"
And out pops a sticker... that he sticks right
on my forehead... and then he started cracking up!
He loves stickers....{I don't know why my pics loaded sideways...
because they didn't start out that way :\

And lastly lastly... Dmitri has conquered
his shirt.
He's been able to take his pants and shoes
off for a while, but was stuck, or never
really tired taking off his shirt.
Well twice last week, he goes into his bedroom
completely dress... then walks out a bit
later, completely naked.
And he undressed himself tonight in the
kitchen. Lol so... kind of good, but could
be kind of bad! X}

3 comments:

  1. The random stickers crack me up! Sounds like he's seriously a funny kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate stickers. I need to buy goo b gone. Andrew planted a huge penguins of Madagascar sticker on our entry way tile.
    Thanks for posting about the Amish bread! It looks kinda strange but good. I don't know that pudding thing is throwing me off.
    We drove by Pier 1 yesterday and I thought of you andcall the pretty and cool summer projects you'll probably make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Amish Friendship bread. So much so, that Joel and I made our own starter in Janury when he was home. We put walnuts in ours though, but I'm pretty sure we used the same recipe as you.

    Isaac has just figured out how to take his shirt off too and it's hilarious. I seriously sometimes laugh so hard watching him take it off that I have tears coming from my eyes.

    We have a sticker obsessed little boy in our house too. I think I have jack-o-lanterns on my entertainment center that he found hiding somewhere the other day.

    Aren't little boys such a handful?! But, they're still cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete