Dmitri fell asleep last night at 8.
He usually sleeps about 11 hours,
sometimes 12... but this morning
he slept for 13.
I woke up at 6:30 after a power
surge. The power went off... and
then came back on 5 seconds later.
It was weird - and loud enough, I
think the noise was the printer, that
it woke me up.
So I was awake.
I hung out waiting for Dmitri to
wake up, but come 8 o'clock, he was
still snoozin'
Lol and I did get a little lonely.
So he finally wakes up at 9:10, and my
quiet morning turned into on of 'those'
mornings.
He climbed the counter, and got my
eyeshadow. Which he smeared on his
face. He did this the other day too, but
that time he put it in his ear.
So I took it away, and got him down.
He has pretty much stopped throwing
tantrums when he's mad, now he
makes a pouty/grumpy face and says
"hmmph" and sometimes growls. It's
pretty funny... so I can't help but laugh!
blurry grumpy face
Anywhos, I was on the sofa, and was
listening to him playing in his room.
From the sofa, I can see through the
mirror on his closet, and into his room.
Well I thought I saw dust, or smoke... so
a little concerned, I go check it out.
I found him, sand shovel in hand, and
strawberry Nestlequik all over the floor.
Apparently he was recreating the beach,
and thought strawberry quik was the
perfect alternative.
Oh... I flipped out.
I have NO idea how he got it! It was in
the cabinet, and I didn't even see him
climb the counter under that cabinet.
I had to obviously take care of it before
it got worse, or stained, so I started
vacuuming it up, but the regular vacuum
wasn't picking it up very well. So I had to
use the carpet cleaner, because it's stronger.
There was some water left in the carpet
cleaner, so I went to go dump it in his
bathroom, and while I did that, he decided
to move on to his next 'project'
I stupidly left the closet door unlocked when
I pulled the vacuum out, so he took advantage.
He still remembers me retouching the paint
in his room 3 months ago, so when he
saw the can of paint from his room... he
decided to do a little retouching of his own.
So he finds a handy little paintbrush in the
closet, and totally paints the wall under the
bar.
While I was in the bathroom cleaning out
the carpet cleaner, I totally had this thought
that he was getting into something.
But pushed it out, telling myself that he
can't get into anything TOO terrible....
I come out of his room, and the very first
thing I see is bright green paint against
a brown wall.
My. mouth. dropped.
I round the corner, and there he is... paint
brush in hand... paint rolling down his arm,
and paint drips ALL over the floor!
And he looks at me, and says "Oooh..."
I flipped out... AGAIN!!!
I took the paint brush, ran him to the sink,
before he could touch anything else, and
washed him off.
I'm just so glad he didn't paint the cabinets,
or sofa... or something un-paint washable.
So I locked him in his room, while I cleaned
up.
To say I wanted to run far far away is a total
understatement...
Luckily the floor cleaned up easily, and the
wall is repaintable - by me!
I just kept thinking how ridiculous it all was.
So we needed to get out of the house. Pronto.
Once he was out of timeout, he sat on the
sofa and was watching tv. I said "Dmitri,
do you want to go bye bye?" Which always
gets him excited and he runs to the door.
Umm... the little booger looks at me and says
"No." Then turns back to watch tv.
So I made the executive decision, and we
left.
So we made plans with our friends, Lauren,
Aiden and Averie and decided to meet at the
bounce house at the mall. It's $8 and the
kiddies can bounce as long as they want.
If that doesn't scream Dmitri, I don't know
what does!
Dmitri's bff is Aiden - who's 4 - but Dmitri
adores him. And Aiden is pretty patient with Dmitri.
I also love that Dmitri will pretty much follow
his lead.
Before the bounce house, we stopped at
Gymboree to check out their semi annual sale,
and Dmitri sat with Aiden and they watched
Nick Jr. It was nice :)
They ran around the store a bit, but the
store was pretty empty, and the manager
didn't seem to care. So good! Got some retail
therapy in for me.... good vibes flowing... X)
After that, onto the bounce house. Dmitri has
never bounced in those inflatable things... but
how could he not love it? I was just a little
worried he might get lost in some of the houses,
or get trampled by the older kids.
I was wrong... he kept up pretty well with the
big kids! The first one they tired out was a
two story high slide. So Aiden climbs up, and
then another boy... and then little Dmitri. I
could not keep my eye off him. I was ready to
jump up and catch him if he fell back {if he fell
back, he'd really just slide down onto the
inflatable mattress ground - so no harm done}
but I was still anxious.
So Aiden slides down, the other boy slides
down... waiting... waiting... and here comes
Dmitri!
I about DIED!!! XD And am cracking up
while writing this...
He comes sliding down, stiff as a board,
eyes as wide as they could get, and his
arms straight out to his sides!
I was thinking, he's going to cry... umm,
he gets up, figures out what just happened,
smiles and runs back to the stairs to go again.
He loved it!
I seriously wish I had the camera ready right
when he was coming down, but didn't. Boo!
The slide was his most favorite. He was a little
worried about the firetruck house, because you
had to climb in through a little opening and it
was kind of dark in there. But after awhile, he
followed everyone else in.
Before we left, I slide down the slide with him.
He thought it was pretty funny that I was up
there. The first time, he sat on my lap and
we slid down. The second time he thought it'd
be funny to race me down, and I almost collided
with him :}
He also had fun 'playing' air hockey {basically
him sitting on the air hockey table,
trying to catch the puck, while the
other kids shot it around him} and the
video game machines, that weren't on, but he
thought he'd play them anyway.
So we had a blast, stayed a few hours, and
he sweated a lot. So it was a success! And we
will be going again!
Daniel beat us home, so he got to chill in the
quiet for a bit :)
Then we made dinner and that was that!
So a bad morning turned into an awesome day!
Yay!!
He usually sleeps about 11 hours,
sometimes 12... but this morning
he slept for 13.
I woke up at 6:30 after a power
surge. The power went off... and
then came back on 5 seconds later.
It was weird - and loud enough, I
think the noise was the printer, that
it woke me up.
So I was awake.
I hung out waiting for Dmitri to
wake up, but come 8 o'clock, he was
still snoozin'
Lol and I did get a little lonely.
So he finally wakes up at 9:10, and my
quiet morning turned into on of 'those'
mornings.
He climbed the counter, and got my
eyeshadow. Which he smeared on his
face. He did this the other day too, but
that time he put it in his ear.
So I took it away, and got him down.
He has pretty much stopped throwing
tantrums when he's mad, now he
makes a pouty/grumpy face and says
"hmmph" and sometimes growls. It's
pretty funny... so I can't help but laugh!
listening to him playing in his room.
From the sofa, I can see through the
mirror on his closet, and into his room.
Well I thought I saw dust, or smoke... so
a little concerned, I go check it out.
I found him, sand shovel in hand, and
strawberry Nestlequik all over the floor.
Apparently he was recreating the beach,
and thought strawberry quik was the
perfect alternative.
Oh... I flipped out.
I have NO idea how he got it! It was in
the cabinet, and I didn't even see him
climb the counter under that cabinet.
it got worse, or stained, so I started
vacuuming it up, but the regular vacuum
wasn't picking it up very well. So I had to
use the carpet cleaner, because it's stronger.
There was some water left in the carpet
cleaner, so I went to go dump it in his
bathroom, and while I did that, he decided
to move on to his next 'project'
I stupidly left the closet door unlocked when
I pulled the vacuum out, so he took advantage.
He still remembers me retouching the paint
in his room 3 months ago, so when he
saw the can of paint from his room... he
decided to do a little retouching of his own.
So he finds a handy little paintbrush in the
closet, and totally paints the wall under the
bar.
While I was in the bathroom cleaning out
the carpet cleaner, I totally had this thought
that he was getting into something.
But pushed it out, telling myself that he
can't get into anything TOO terrible....
I come out of his room, and the very first
thing I see is bright green paint against
a brown wall.
My. mouth. dropped.
I round the corner, and there he is... paint
brush in hand... paint rolling down his arm,
and paint drips ALL over the floor!
And he looks at me, and says "Oooh..."
I flipped out... AGAIN!!!
I took the paint brush, ran him to the sink,
before he could touch anything else, and
washed him off.
or sofa... or something un-paint washable.
So I locked him in his room, while I cleaned
up.
To say I wanted to run far far away is a total
understatement...
Luckily the floor cleaned up easily, and the
wall is repaintable - by me!
I just kept thinking how ridiculous it all was.
So we needed to get out of the house. Pronto.
Once he was out of timeout, he sat on the
sofa and was watching tv. I said "Dmitri,
do you want to go bye bye?" Which always
gets him excited and he runs to the door.
Umm... the little booger looks at me and says
"No." Then turns back to watch tv.
So I made the executive decision, and we
left.
So we made plans with our friends, Lauren,
Aiden and Averie and decided to meet at the
bounce house at the mall. It's $8 and the
kiddies can bounce as long as they want.
If that doesn't scream Dmitri, I don't know
what does!
Dmitri's bff is Aiden - who's 4 - but Dmitri
adores him. And Aiden is pretty patient with Dmitri.
I also love that Dmitri will pretty much follow
his lead.
Before the bounce house, we stopped at
Gymboree to check out their semi annual sale,
and Dmitri sat with Aiden and they watched
Nick Jr. It was nice :)
They ran around the store a bit, but the
store was pretty empty, and the manager
didn't seem to care. So good! Got some retail
therapy in for me.... good vibes flowing... X)
After that, onto the bounce house. Dmitri has
never bounced in those inflatable things... but
how could he not love it? I was just a little
worried he might get lost in some of the houses,
or get trampled by the older kids.
I was wrong... he kept up pretty well with the
big kids! The first one they tired out was a
two story high slide. So Aiden climbs up, and
then another boy... and then little Dmitri. I
could not keep my eye off him. I was ready to
jump up and catch him if he fell back {if he fell
back, he'd really just slide down onto the
inflatable mattress ground - so no harm done}
but I was still anxious.
So Aiden slides down, the other boy slides
down... waiting... waiting... and here comes
Dmitri!
I about DIED!!! XD And am cracking up
while writing this...
He comes sliding down, stiff as a board,
eyes as wide as they could get, and his
arms straight out to his sides!
I was thinking, he's going to cry... umm,
he gets up, figures out what just happened,
smiles and runs back to the stairs to go again.
He loved it!
I seriously wish I had the camera ready right
when he was coming down, but didn't. Boo!
The slide was his most favorite. He was a little
worried about the firetruck house, because you
had to climb in through a little opening and it
was kind of dark in there. But after awhile, he
followed everyone else in.
Before we left, I slide down the slide with him.
He thought it was pretty funny that I was up
there. The first time, he sat on my lap and
we slid down. The second time he thought it'd
be funny to race me down, and I almost collided
with him :}
He also had fun 'playing' air hockey {basically
him sitting on the air hockey table,
trying to catch the puck, while the
other kids shot it around him} and the
video game machines, that weren't on, but he
thought he'd play them anyway.
So we had a blast, stayed a few hours, and
he sweated a lot. So it was a success! And we
will be going again!
Daniel beat us home, so he got to chill in the
quiet for a bit :)
Then we made dinner and that was that!
So a bad morning turned into an awesome day!
Yay!!




That's crazy! It reminds me of a day with Noah.
ReplyDeletehttp://myolsonfamily.blogspot.com/2008/10/here-is-why-im-going-to-blog-too-many.html
Totally not as bad as Dmitri but still...boys!
Oh my. I'm glad Dmitri could burn some of his energy off at that bounce place.
ReplyDeleteOne time I caught Andrew with comet and it freaked me out.