About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I love modern conveniences!

I'm sitting here typing, at 1:19am... with Dmitri
sitting next to me, watching Sesame Street.

He fell asleep a little earlier then usual, so when
I went in his room to put some toys away, he
woke up.
Hopefully he'll go to sleep after I'm done blogging!

Anywhos... oy! We had a major issue on Thursday.
I woke up, made breakfast, put a soda in the
freezer... and not once did I notice the decrease in
the fridge temperature.

So when I went back to get my soda out of the
freezer {I forgot about it, so I thought it may
have exploded}, I took it out and see water
dripping from it. Interesting...

Upon further inspection, I see that the bag of
chicken is nearly defrosted, and there is juice from
the bag of frozen berries leaking all over the bottom
of the freezer.
I open the fridge, and it's totally warm. Everything
in there was still chilled, but you could see all the
condensation forming. The fridge and freezer were
still running, but they were blowing warm air.
Blah!
I had been hearing this clicking noise for a few days,
but I assumed it was that swiffer mop battery dying.
The noise was the same noise the swiffer makes when
you hit the button to spray the solution.
Well... it wasn't the swiffer, it was the fridge dying...

I called around, and everyone wanted at least $75
just to walk in our door. Which is ridiculous! The
fridge doesn't look old, but I know it's older then it
looks. I think the people who sold us the house gave
it a mini facelift.
So I didn't want to pay to have an old fridge fixed,
considering it might just poop out again in 6 months.
So off to shop.

I waited for Daniel to get home, and he stayed with
Dmitri, because he had a super stressful day at work.
So I was on my own!!
Luckily I feel fairly confidant with appliances and such
thanks to tagging along with my parents whenever
they went appliance shopping, or were working on a
DIY.
I wasn't looking for anything fancy, because I figure
since we have less then 2 years left here, I'm not
investing in someone else's fridge.
So my biggest problems were price and fit. The space
where the fridge goes is fairly limited on size, and also
has the dishwasher right across from it. So I had to
make sure the dishwasher door could still open all the
way with the fridge there.
And then another criteria was delivery time. I can't
live long without a cold soda... and of course Dmitri,
he needs milk and juice ;)
My search started at 3 and ended at 7:30!! I went to
6 different stores!! I ran into a lot of delivery issues.
They were like booked out 2 weeks because of a
government voucher that had been put out. So every-
one was taking advantage.
So I finally found one. It was a nice double door fridge
with a water and ice dispenser on the front. The only
problem was that the earliest they could deliver was
3 weeks away...
It was such a good price, that I figured we'd rent a
truck from Home Depot and do it all ourselves. Daniel
wasn't as keen on the idea though... but he went along
with it.
Well Friday came, and we were supposed to go get the
fridge. Unfortunately.... my dear hubby was preoccupied
with gaming, and we didn't get out the door to pick up
the fridge.
I knew he wasn't all the excited about picking it up,
installing it, then taking the old one to the dump... so
I told him that if he really wanted, we could return the
other one - and look at Lowe's. I had seen one like the
one we had there, but they couldn't deliver until Monday.

But Daniel liked that idea...

So on Saturday, we went to Lowe's and checked it out.
It was marked down $100. And they also had
a 10% energy star discount going on.
Daniel asked the guy about delivery, and they guy said
they could deliver it whenever we needed it.
Uhh... that's not what the lady with the crazy eye said
on Thursday!!
But whateves.
So we bought it, and got and extra discount for being
military. So we ended up getting almost $200 off!
And we scheduled the delivery for Sunday {hey, the ox
was in the mar {I think that's how the saying goes}}

So... I had cleaned out the fridge earlier... but completely
spaced the freezer.
I had stuck a rag in there to soak up the berry juice...
but that was 3 days ago. So when I opened the freezer...
SO STINKY!!!!! And there was a mass of MOLD all over
the towel!! Like almost and inch high! I almost threw up.
And it was 1am. So Daniel and I had to take care of that
nastiness before we went to sleep. Blech.
{I thought about taking a pic, for blogging purposes..
. but it was just WAY too gross!!}

So come Sunday, we weren't really sure what time they'd
get here. Daniel called, and they said between 10 and 2.
Love those vague time frames!
Well Daniel had to pick up an Army arrival from the
airport at 2... right when Primary started, and I had to
teach.
So I got Dmitri and myself dressed, and made arrangements
for my class to sit with another class until I got there. So
2pm passes... then 3pm... and finally around 3:30 they
show up!
They hauled the old, replaced and set up the new, and
we were good to go! Except that they didn't leave until
a quarter after 4... so I missed church and the poor teacher
that took my class, had them the whole time :( So I felt
really bad!

But yea... that was our day. It feels good to have the house
back to normal. And no more 7Eleven runs! The one by
us, their slurpees are never ready, and they don't honor
refills. Major lame 7Eleven!Oh - I'm done babysitting - woot woo!!!! And Daniel's
done supervising his floor! His boss is back tomorrow.
But he still has the same schedule, because he's going
to be her assistant for the week. Which I hope means
he gets to come home earlier! :)

Alright, here's to a good week!

Sesame Street is over, and I'm done! Time to try and
get Dmitri to bed..... :[

Dressed up... and waitingyou can kind of see the goose egg on the left
side of his forehead. He was jumping in his room
and landed on the windowsill. It was so big that
it swelled, and had a line down the middle from
the windowsill... :( Now it's just a little bump with
A LOT of color....
Rollin' around :}Dmitri seriously has the longest eyelashes!!
I really hope they always stay long!
Before the mold formed.... oh laziness. You get
me everytime...
Dmitri got very quiet.... and wasn't answering
when I called him. As I walked to his room, I
smelled an overwhelming amount of Windex!
He had figured out the child lock, and pulled it
out to spray his mirrors.... such a helper :\He fell asleep early, on Dan's shoulderDaniel said he was going to pretend to be
asleep for the pic :)And because I don't want to get left out!! :}PS... Dmitri has 3 different sized Buzz Lighyears.
We watched Toy Story today, and he had to
gather them all, so they could watch it with us :)
Should have gotten a pic!

PS... I gave away my 7 Amish bread starters
on Saturday.
I'm going to try to make homemade sourdough
this week!
I'm making my starter as soon as I'm done with
this post. Fun fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your fridge woes are done! When the electricity goes off I always worry the most about the fridge/freezer.

    ReplyDelete