The title only applies to this first part.
I have a dentist appointment on Thurs. Ugh.
I actually don't have a problem with the
dentist, because I used to go so much. I
don't mind the shots or the drilling and all
that.
But I haven't been in 2 years. Maybe almost
2 years.
We moved, and I never got around to finding
a new dentist - then one was referred to me
by a friend from church {back in Sept}, but
I could never find the time, and I knew it'd be
an expensive visit.
Aesthetically - I have awesome looking teeth.
I've never had braces or a retainer
{though I desperately wanted them - no joke},
and my teeth are oddly white.
But that's the good.
The bad... they suck. I have the world's weakest
teeth. I had my first root canal at age 8!
I've had two others since then, and will probably
have two more. I probably also have a filling
in every molar. I have one tooth that started out
as a cavity, then became a hole, then broke almost
in half. Which meant 4 crowns put on, and almost
the largest post possible because of that. I've also
had two gum surgeries on it!
And it's loose again. So I think it will be an implant.
{and it's the original dentists fault. They left a
gap between the root and the first crown - and other
stuff}
So I go in Thursday. And I'm dreading it. But I
have a tooth that hurts pretty bad on one side,
{I think there's a root exposed. Had it before and
it hurt! Not even meds make it better}
{Luckily this one isn't as bad as the last}
and my loose crown on the other. So eating has
not been fun.
Hopefully there will be relief soon!
I wanted to make an appt for Dmitri, but this
dentist doesn't see kids until they're at least 2.
I'm so worried that he has my teeth. I inherited
weak teeth from my mom. My little sister is in
the same boat. My oldest and littlest sister have
my dads teeth. My oldest sister is almost 30, and
I think she only has two itty bitty fillings.
She didn't even need novocaine for the first one!
How's that for fair? :\
But I really hope Dmitri has Daniel's teeth.
His are pretty straight and white. He's had a
couple fillings, and only one crown, from
breaking his tooth on a popcorn kernel. He's
still upset about it - and it's been quite a few
years....
Alright - enough about teeth. It's making mine
hurt.
I have had a BUSY 4 days! Friday I babysat
3 kids. I think I blogged about it earlier. But it
actually went pretty good!
The word "share" was used a lot. But other
then that, not too bad.
And the kids even napped all at the same time!!
So that was lovely :]
and we played soccer. He's obsessed.
So while we were doing that, two little girls
came by - from across the giant field - to say hi.
I don't mind kids coming to play, but I was a
little bit bugged - because I felt like I turned into
the babysitter.
Their mom was on the phone, on the other side
of the field, and she'd occasionally yell for them.
They were 4 and 2.
How does she know if I'm a good person?! Just
because I have a kid with me, doesn't mean I am.
And how does she know her 2 year old wont run
into the street?! Needless to say, I was a little bugged
by their mom.
The girls were sweet - but I was hoping they'd go away.
The 4 year old kept asking if she could show me
her ballet and gymnastic moves. And the 2 year old
was running off with our ball.
Anyways, their mom finally got off the phone and
came to get them. But they wouldn't leave, because
they wanted to play with the ball.
So finally I packed Dmitri up and we headed home.
Blah.
Saturday Daniel was off. I have no idea where
Saturday morning or afternoon went. But when
I looked at the clock, it was 3:45!! We had signed
up to feed the missionaries, but still hadn't heard
from them.
So I was totally stressing that they'd just show up
and my house would be a mess, and the food wouldn't
be ready!
Finally they called though. I guess they got a little
side tracked that say. So they came at 6, and
everything was in order. Except the toilet hadn't
been cleaned - and I knew one would ask to use it. And
one did. So I made him wait while I cleaned it :}
But they seemed to enjoy dinner, and they shared
a nice message with us.
Dmitri was climbing all over them. He kept taking
their name tags - and trying to switch them, and
then kept bringing books for them to read to him.
But they were good sports about it.
Sunday Daniel worked. He was told there was an
excellent chance he'd get called off, but his floor
admitted 3 people in the middle of the night, so they
needed him.
Church went good. Dmitri has been going into
Nursery all by himself for the past little bit. So
no tears or panic is nice!
He and his class got to play outside, and had a
good time running around and playing with bubbles.
Primary was interesting. There was a GIANT moth
in the Primary room. So it was freaking everyone
out when it would fly. This sucker seriously looked
like a bat flying! It was HUGE!
Anyways... class went good. We played a game they
seemed to all enjoy! I think I'll have to make it a
regular thing.
After church I headed home to start dinner for
a family in our ward. They just had a baby, so
they needed dinners.
Making dinner like those 2 nights in a row, made
me realize how small my kitchen is. I think I need
at least one full counter. Maybe in our next place!
Today it was just Dmitri and I. Daniel worked,
but it was a good day for him.
I signed Dmitri up for a free Gymboree class,
to try it out. Today was Music.
He was a little scared of the teacher at first.
She was kind of loud - so he just stood there
staring and would not leave my lap.
But he warmed up when the bells came out.
We'd bang them on the floor, then our hands,
and he enjoyed that. After we tried maracas,
which he also liked.
The teacher also pulled out a balance beam,
and all the kids {5 boys} followed her while
they sang a song.
Everytime he got to the end of the balance
beam, he made sure to take a giant jump off
it :}
But he had a really good time. He didn't
want to leave. He kept running back into the
room.
We're also trying out Art and Play and Learn
this week. I want to do one, but don't know
which. We shall see how the other two go.
Anyways, that's all for now.
Here are some random pics that didn't make it
into the previous post.
Ice cream cones!
Dmitri chooses to eat his from the bottom.
It doesn't work out so good...

I think this was the day he got his galoshes.Because he insisted on wearing, just one, of
my Crocs to the store
This is what I deal with on a daily basis.Dmitri's room.
He dumps out EVERY bin and uses it as
a step ladder in the kitchen or living room.
It drives me nuts.




His room is crazy! I can't believe that happens so often. Noah used to do that too, actually. We've downsized a lot because of it :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your dental troubles those are never fun. I have at least 3 more fillings that need to be filled. And what bothers me is I religiously brush and floss every single day. It's my saliva, it doesn't break down plaque.
ReplyDeleteYour house sure looks full with all those kids you watch. Are you getting paid for it? You are a wonder woman!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes... I think there will be some down sizing going on...
ReplyDeleteAnd Heather - I'm going to ask the dentist if I have the same issue!!
LOL @ the giant "Mothra" in the primary room. I'd be horrible in that situation! It'd pretty much be me yelling, "Run children! RUN!" :}
ReplyDelete