About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, April 19, 2010

One project to post....

I saw this item on a website I follow.
They were offering it at 50% off, and
I totally would have bought it - but
it sold out before I got the chance.

So I decided to move onto plan B.
"I can make it!"
{click on image to view original product}
{{and $24 is the ORIGINAL price. I would have paid $12}}

And that's what I set out to do. It
was pretty easy, but there are some
things I'd change when making it
again - and I will make another one.
Maybe a smaller one.I also realized AFTER that their overall
shape was more oval - slightly. Mine
just had rounded edges, which was a
pain to deal with when sewing the green
border. So ovalish shape will be easier,
next time.

Right now it's in the diaper bag holding
Dmitri's change of clothes. I want to make
a smaller one for misc stuff that I carry
around.

Anywhos... fast and easy project!

Sigh... my weekend went too fast.

And I had frozen yogurt for dinner two
nights in a row. I'm not complaining.
:]

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your talents! I wish I could just say oh I'll make it! And you find the cutest fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great DIY!! I love it.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete