About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A little of this, a little of that.

Not much to report. Just the usual.

Daniel worked last night, and was
charge nurse.
Usually when he's charge, he doesn't
take patients because he's busy with
paper work and schedule stuff and
helping if anyone is having problems
with their patients.

Well... he ended up with 4 patients of his
own because 2 people called in sick and
they had a big patient load.

So quite the busy night for him!!
He's charge again tonight - but luckily
he doesn't have any patients to deal with.
So hopefully he wont be too warn out
tomorrow.

Dmitri and I spent the day entertaining
ourselves.
I did a return at Old Navy - and saw that
the women's clearance section was an
additional 50% off!!
{I'm not joking when I say that makes my day:}
I was a little bugged because I bought some
clearance stuff last week.
I asked the girl at the register if they did price
adjustments {assuming I'd have to come back
with all the stuff - plus I had worn them}. She
said she can actually do it without the items
having to be there. So she just scanned my
receipt and I got a pretty nice credit!! A credit
that I of course used to buy more clothes. Did
we really think I'd charge it back to my card? ;)

And our afternoon was spent sleeping. I laid
on the sofa to take a nap, and Dmitri comes
over and lays down next to me. The next thing
I know, he's out! So we took a nice 2 1/2 hour
nap!
Which makes up for Sunday night. He woke up
a 2:30am - and was awake until 7:30am!!
Every time I thought he was asleep, I'd quietly
leave his room - and right when I got to the
door, he'd wake up again.
And I had to babysit at 5:30am. So it was a
long day for me.... blah.
This was Monday morning at 7:30.... his no
sleep got the best of him...So Dmitri is totally into puzzles right now. He's
liked them for awhile now - but he'd just collect
all the pieces and play with them, occasionally
putting the puzzles together.

Well now all he wants to do is put puzzles together.
He'll bring me puzzles, ask me to come sit in his
room and do puzzles with him and sit in there
and do them by himself. He loves it. Which I love.

We added some puzzle to his collection tonight.
Umm... not so smart on my part. They're nice
when they're contained... but when they're not,
and all over the floor - they're not so nice.

I also FINALLY found a little chair for Dmitri.
I have been looking forever - with no luck.
{except for the mini wing backs at Target that
are $95! On the mainland they're only $75,
which totally bugs. Not that I'd even buy one
for $75 though}
All I wanted was one of those little plastic ones.
I found one at Price Busters... but it was too
small for him, and it had a crack in it.
But browsing Target the other day... found one
in their summer section!
It's a little plastic adirondack chair. A little wider
then I wanted... but it works!

I set up a little table and chair in his room, and
he's put it to good use.
It's perfect for his puzzles!Randoms...
I had been looking for the remote to his
fan for a few days. It was driving me nuts!
The remote also turns his light on and off,
and it's the only way to turn the light on
or off.
I searched everywhere. I looked in the
closet a few times... but had never thought
to look inside the computer tower that's in
there. And that's where I found it.
It's Daniel's old gaming computer that he
built. There's an access opening in the tower
... and that's where I found the stinkin' remote!
Luckily I was able to reach it. Too bad he can
reach it on the wall. I think we need to move
it up.He carried the laundry basket over to the
counter to get my drink.
When he realized it'd be better to flip it over,
I moved my soda. Which he was really happy
about.
Have I mentioned my dining chairs are tied
to the dining table? He'll drag the chairs through
the house to get things out of reach otherwise.
He's also started playing dress up a bit.
He doesn't really have any dress up stuff,
so it's usually a hat, or shoes, or extra
clothes.Alright... that's that!
And... g'nite.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud in my office when I read the part about your chairs being tied to the table. That is awesome and so understandable. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah has always loved puzzles too. Lately he's into the bigger box ones that are like 48 pieces. It's really cute. I bet Dmitri will be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what they find and use to climb? Little kids are so smart!
    And that's really cool about old navy doing price adjustments. I don't know if I'd attempt it at our dumb old navy but maybe the concord one....did you go when the polos were $5? I went that evening and the table was SO picked over. Only XS or XXL. And mostly white left. Boo.

    ReplyDelete