My project of the night... recovering my ottoman!
To refresh... we bought it off craigslist for $40.
We had been looking for an ottoman forever,
and finally found a nice large one!
It's faux micro suede, which is not my favorite,
but it worked.
Well - I could only keep the stains at bay for so
long.
Even after I'd clean a spot - it'd reappear a week
later! It was getting ridiculous.
So I decided to recover it in oil cloth after seeing
this post {found here}.
I LOVE the orange. I almost picked it... but decided
on a neutral because I like that I can change the
color of my pillows and have a new look.
I went with the same store she did {found here}.
So it's a little shiny, and sticks to you a little, but
I don't have to worry about 'spill proof' sippy cups
anymore. Or whatever mess comes their way.

Like the other day, when Dmitri took the lid off his
cup and spilled red {RED} fruit punch all over my
beige area rug. Luckily the rug is light enough that
the stains came out with some bleach water.
Dmitri 'helping' and saying "cheese"
But anywhos, I like convenience, and I like nice
looking stuff. I think that was accomplished! In
my book anyways.
Here are a few random pics of bubble blowing today.
And fort making.

It was fun :]
So Dmitri likes to test the waters for sure. Tonight
he was drinking some orange juice from a cup, and
I told him he had to stay in the kitchen.
Well.... while he was drinking, he looks at me and
takes a couple steps backwards, off the kitchen floor
and onto the living room floor. Then just watches to
see what I will do.
I'm sorry - it's that what teenagers do?! If he's this
defiant already - I'm worried. Lol for Daniel and me!
To refresh... we bought it off craigslist for $40.
We had been looking for an ottoman forever,
and finally found a nice large one!
It's faux micro suede, which is not my favorite,
but it worked.
long.
Even after I'd clean a spot - it'd reappear a week
later! It was getting ridiculous.
So I decided to recover it in oil cloth after seeing
this post {found here}.
I LOVE the orange. I almost picked it... but decided
on a neutral because I like that I can change the
color of my pillows and have a new look.
I went with the same store she did {found here}.
So it's a little shiny, and sticks to you a little, but
I don't have to worry about 'spill proof' sippy cups
anymore. Or whatever mess comes their way.
cup and spilled red {RED} fruit punch all over my
beige area rug. Luckily the rug is light enough that
the stains came out with some bleach water.
Dmitri 'helping' and saying "cheese"
looking stuff. I think that was accomplished! In
my book anyways.
Here are a few random pics of bubble blowing today.
So Dmitri likes to test the waters for sure. Tonight
he was drinking some orange juice from a cup, and
I told him he had to stay in the kitchen.
takes a couple steps backwards, off the kitchen floor
and onto the living room floor. Then just watches to
see what I will do.
defiant already - I'm worried. Lol for Daniel and me!




I love the ottoman! I've been wanting to try oil cloth too but I haven't yet.
ReplyDeleteI love the oilcloth! That's a great idea, and I love MADE, I am on her site like everyday. She is so creative...but I never win her giveaways. :( LOL Love your curtains too!
ReplyDeleteThat oilcloth is cool! I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm figuring out how to keep things clean. I wish the fabric would work on couches. I have a micro suede couch, and the same thing, it's tough to keep clean.
ReplyDelete