About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hoarders!

Okay, we've been slightly more lively then
the last post... slightly.

I didn't have to babysit yesterday - and thank
goodness - because it was GORGEOUS
outside!
I swear, the days I'm stuck home, or to busy
to be outside, it's beautiful.
Then the days I can go out - it's gross weather.

So I jumped on the poolside opportunity :)

The weather was perfect, the water was perfect,
and there was only 1 other person there. But
she was sunbathing... so we still had the pool
to ourselves.
I got a bit of sun - and we stayed an hour or
two. Enough time for Dmitri to get water
logged - so he was happy.

Last night I watched a Hoarders marathon on
TLC. Holy cow - did that get my butt moving!

I'm not a hoarder - except when it comes to
glass jars. I keep them all. Jelly jars, spaghetti
jars, etc. But I use them, so that doesn't count :}

But I've been feeling the clutter bug, and it's
been driving me nuts. I hate clutter. I can't
relax with clutter. But I haven't been motivated
to do anything about it.
Thank you Hoarders.
I bought a bunch of small bins and finally tackled
our Bermuda Triangle of a hall closest.
It was a big catchall area, and now it finally serves
it's purpose.
I didn't take a before. I would be mortified if anyone
saw what it looked like before. But here it is after.
{top shelf decorations, second shelf paint and house stuff, third food
overflow, forth sewing and organized bins, and the bottom, tools}I found 5 pairs of scissors, 2 boxes of unused
crayons, 3 unopened space bags and I can't even tell you
how many bobby pins.Dmitri had a field day. He had his own little stash
of stuff.
He found a little radio and earplugs that he thought
were pretty awesome.
{I promise... Dmitri does wear clothes X}Today I removed the broken bookcase from Dmitri's
room, and cleared Daniel's books off the other
bookcase that was in there.
I took the shelves from the broken bookcase and
added them to the two bookcases in the living room,
and moved Daniel's books to the living room. Then
moved ALL Dmitri's toys into his room.
Hopefully that will make my life easier, if his toys
are contained just in his room. We'll see....

I also went through some giant stacks of paper
and shredded a bunch of stuff. Cleaned Dmitri's
bathroom and got caught up on laundry. Along
with cleaning the windows and closet mirrors.
{what happens when you try to empty the shredder,
but don't close the garbage bag fast enough}I'm pooped. But it seriously feels SO good to
have it all done!
I don't feel like I have little messes and piles
creeping up on me. I can relax now!!

I still have more spring cleaning to do. I need
to clear out some clothes in my closet. I have
no more room in there. So maybe I can tackle
that tomorrow.

Tonight I went to a Pampered Chef party. I
brought Dmitri along with me, and we both
had a great time!
Dmitri had so much fun playing with the other
boys there. Which of course made bedtime
pretty easy ;)

So that was fun, and I bought some goodies.
I love Pampered Chef, but have never bought
from them before.
So I'm excited for my stuff to get here!

So that's our report.
Daniel's off tomorrow and Thursday, so we're
hoping to hit the beach.
He says waves are supposed to be up this week,
so he'll be dusting off his surf board.

I hope anyways. It'd be nice to get out!

Some randoms...

Dmitri wanted to wear this pj shirt, and his shoes.
I thought he looked pretty cute in his
nonmatchingness!Watching American Idol, his fave!I guess I need to fold some laundry tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Your post inspired me! I need to start cleaning...and packing! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post inspired me too! Inspired me to want to hire someone to come in and do it for me. Except this Saturday we are cleaning our carpets. But Matthew is doing that.

    ReplyDelete