About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Some tidbits of our weekend

Hmm... how come the weekend always
goes so fast...?

We have pretty much stayed home the
past few days, due to potty training.

Dmitri is doing good.
Saturday I was confident enough to say
he's fully potty drained.
An hour after that statement - 3 accidents
on the floor.

BUT... those accidents were out of spite.
I know this, because they were when he
was in trouble for something else. He'd
look at me, and pee on the floor.
Mmmhmmm....

Lol so how do I fix that problem?!
Blah.

Well... in other news... Dmitri helped me
make a carrot cake on Saturday night.
He had a good time helping me pour the
ingredients into the mixing bowl.
He also liked munching on the carrots.I also let him take some pics... He is big into helping lately. He'll come
hold the vacuum handle and help me
vacuum. Or if I'm wiping windows or
mirrors, he insists he needs a rag to wipe
the windows too.
Without me asking, he put his bowl in the
sink. So I had to take a picture to have
proof that at one time he liked to help :}Tonight Dmitri was making a soap beard
with the bubbles. He insisted I play along...That's gum in my mouth... not some
weird growth...
And lastly... Dmitri's been weird about
naps.
He wakes up grumpier then he was before
his nap. I think it's because he's waking up
too soon, and a little confused.
So I haven't been enforcing naps because
of it.
But he's started to lay himself down. For
some reason he like to lay on the yoga mat.
So I'll unroll it for him and he'll just lounge
on it.Here's an example of early wake up, and
grumpiness.
Luckily this time he fell back asleep on
the sofa.
He seriously doesn't want to be talked
to or touched.
He just sits on the floor and cries and
screams.
Anybody else having this problem.....?

Okay - I promise we'll be a bit more lively
this week :}

2 comments:

  1. I wake up grumpy too AND blame it on too little sleep. Especially on Monday mornings. I with my mom were around to enforce more sleep time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Noah was like Dmitri's exact age doing the exact same thing when he'd wake up from naps. It was terrible. Hazel's only ever done it a little but Noah did it every time. He still does it if he happens to nap on accident. I prefer him sleeping 12 hours at night and never napping because he's way happier.

    ReplyDelete