About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fingers crossed...

We've been in... potty training mode.

First day - more accidents then successful
pees.
But on the plus, he woke up from his nap
dry, and was dry this morning.

I was getting a bit discouraged this morning
because he had some accidents.
{and I attempted last week, but it got frustrating. I read a book
on potty training and everything I was doing, it said was wrong.
Lol so all that got thrown out the window!}


So I decided to get us out of the house, and
we hit up the pool.
It was a nice distraction - and even nicer
because we were the only ones there!

He did great with his swimming. He knows
when to hold his breath, and likes to jump
to me, from the side of the pool.
He did a good amount of swimming on his
own - wearing his wings - and at one point
pushed me away while he was cruising
around the pool.
{and it wore him out, so he took a nice long nap!}

He loves his wings. So much so that he
insisted he wear them while eating lunch.

So after swimming and lunch, I laid him
down for a nap. He woke up completely
dry!
And has not had an accident all afternoon
or evening!

He takes himself to the toilet and pees, then
dumps it into the big toilet and waves goodbye
to it.
I've probably said "Dmitri, if you need to
pee pee, make sure you go on the potty."
a billion plus times today. I was getting tired
of hearing myself say it! But it worked for
him, and I'll say it a billion plus times tomorrow
if he needs!

Tonight he's sleeping in his undies. I'm a little
worried - but he had a good pee before bed, so
I'm hoping it'll be okay.

We're still working on the number two. He's
not convinced that pooping in the potty is
a good idea.
A friend of mine {who has 3 boys and a girl}
said pooping in the potty takes awhile with
boys because they can't see what's going on.
And maybe that's so.

He went today, not on the potty, but I
caught him in the act just in time {TMI? :}
He only goes once a day, so it's not going to
be as easy to teach as peeing. But we'll just
keep trying.

My goal was to have him potty trained by his
second birthday - which is in August. So
we're a little ahead of the goal at 20 months.
Which I'm thrilled with!

I just have to remind myself to be patient
and consistent.
Blah.

But a little piece of me is not looking forward
to tomorrow... I hope he doesn't forget everything
and we have to start over :[

No wonder people hate potty training. It's
very time consuming.... :\
I did put a diaper on him during his nap today,
because he hadn't pooped yet. He was not happy
about the diaper! So I think there's no going
back now......


In none potty training talk... Daniel has a
PT test bright and early tomorrow morning!
If he passes, he can eat again!

He said he'll celebrate with KFC's new chicken
sandwich. And I'll be making these cupcakes!

It's probably not smart to celebrate it with
food, but whateves :}

AND... I ran 2 miles today. Which is HUGE
for me. My old record was a straight mile,
and that was when I was like 19, 20.
So seriously, this is huge for me!
:]

2 comments:

  1. I don't envy you! I thought house-training Lola was hard. I can't imagine a little kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew goes in phases. He gets really interested in going potty then he will want nothing to do with it. I'm hoping in May when it's warmer I can let him roam around in underwear. But to be honest a lot will have to do if I'm feeling ok. Right now, meh. Smells are killing me.

    ReplyDelete