About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kind of... backwards...

I hate that my pics upload backwards.
Easily avoidable - yes.
But when you forget and load 20 photos,
annoying.

I'll rearrange some - but I guess order
doesn't matter for the others.

Anywhos.

Nothing blog worthy from Friday. At least
not that I remember.
Daniel worked - I babysat - Dmitri was
Dmitri.

Onto Saturday!

So I was feeling the beach on Friday... but
come Saturday morning, the temp was
hovering around 77. I know I know, boohoo.

But really - too cold for the ocean.

I for sure wanted out of the house, because
I'd be trapped inside for the next 4 days.
So I decided upon the zoo.

I keep meaning to go - but time always gets
the best of me. That and laziness - because
it's not all that close to us.
And I hate driving around Waikiki and downtown
Honolulu. So I avoid it at all costs.

Well I psyched myself up for the zoo - got Dmitri
ready, and we were out of the house in 30 mins.

I was surprised we weren't greeted with the
usual downtown traffic {which is usually worse
on Saturdays - in my opinion}
So we kind of breezed right through.

We get to the zoo, pull into park, and it's freakin'
metered parking!
Ugh. Dmitri likes to go through my wallet and
take all my coins out. So of course - no coins
there.
I scowered the car and found some dimes and
a couple quarters. Along with some coins under
Dmitri's bum, I know - I'll stop letting him play
with coins. But really - he just likes to collect
them and hold them.

So I had enough change for an hour and a half.

We stand in line - buy our tickets - and I
considered getting change for my paper monies,
but didn't.
It was a lazy thought.
So we walked around briefly and looked at the
elephants, and a hippo statue, then some turtles.

It took up and hour and a half - so I had to rush
and get change to feed the meter.
We go back to the entrance where they have a
gift shop.
I found this little wand that was $2. Reasonable,
and it gave me change.
So done and done. And we had 3-4 hours to hang
around the zoo.

I figured since we didn't have an agenda, I'd
let Dmitri do his thing - and I'd follow him
around.
Lol so that meant we circled the same exhibit
for about 45 mins - but he loved it.

His favorite thing about the zoo were the
turtle/monkey exhibits. They were islands,
obviously surrounded by water - and then
enclosed in a concrete wall that we stood at
to look at them. In front of the wall there were
built in steps for the shorter kiddies. Dmitri's
FAVORITE thing EVER! Any exhibit that had
the step - he was all about.
He loved pointing to the animals - especially
the turtles because they were really close.

We walked and looked at all the animals.

He was running like a mad man. So we braked
for a drink.
I bought this giraffe bottle that I could refill
for free all day. And it was the best $4 I ever
spent. We probably refilled it like 10 times.
We also bought some lunch. FYI - don't ever
buy the pizza at the zoo. It was nasty.... And
watch out for water drain covers. I was setting
up our table, and Dmitri was playing with his
wand. Well... he noticed the drain and it's nifty
little holes - perfect size for the wand. And down
the wand went. He stuck it in the hole - and
dropped it before I could grab it.

He kept trying to put his fingers down there
to get it back. So he got a replacement one,
actually two because he liked playing drums
with them.

So after lunch, more zoo. And more zoo. And
more zoo. We saw a lot, our feet hurt - but
luckily, oddly and annoyingly - no sun burn.
I would have liked a little burn... for myself
of course. Dmitri got soaked in sun screen.

Right before we left, we went to check out the
keiki zoo. It wasn't really a petting zoo, like I
thought. They had some animals to pet, and then
some activities to do.
And one of the activities led to the BIGGEST
Dmitri blow out ever!

He hadn't napped all day, and we had been
walking around in the sun the whole time. So
I'm sure some of it was due to exhaustion.

Anyways - there was this barrel you spin and
it pumps water into the duck pond. Under the
barrel there's this nice black dirty puddle. Of
course Dmitri didn't want to spin the barrel. He
wanted to splash in the puddle. No. No. No.
There were chucks of somethin' floating in it. I'm
sure it was disease.
{the scene of the crime}
I pulled him away and he flipped out. FLIPPED.
I had to strap him in his stroller. And push him
through the zoo - screaming. He screamed "daddy"
the whole time. And everyone looked.
A few people said "Oh he's not happy" and I felt
like saying, "yea, no crap Sherlock!" But I'm just
as guilty at staring over at the screaming child.
Blah.
{look how sleepy!}Get to the car - he kind of calmed down. Unload
us into the car - and LESS the 30 seconds after
buckling him in his carseat - he's asleep.
Like dead asleep. So it was a nice quiet drive home.

Sunday, Daniel worked.
I got an early morning text asking if I'd record
the Superbowl for him.
MMm... I ended up recording the pregame show
and not the Superbowl. Opps opps!

He did get to watch some of it at work, so that's
good at least.

Dmitri woke up at 3:30am Sunday morning.
I passed out on the sofa while he watched tv.

Daniel got up at 5:30 to get ready for work, and
found me sleeping and Dmitri sitting there... still
watching tv.
So he took him and laid him down - and Dmitri
goes right to sleep.
Meh.

We both woke back up around 10. Lounged, and
then I laid him down for a nap at 12 - because he
needed it.
He goes right to sleep and sleeps through Sacrament.
I had to wake him up or he'd have slept through
the second hour of church.
{sometimes it's not easy having a church class}
So I woke him up, got him ready, and off we went.

He fussed a little when I dropped him off, but his
fave teacher Jeffrey was there - so he was happy
about that.

Church was very weird. It was very unorganized.
It seemed like everyone forgot their lessons. My
class was unruly!
I ended our lesson 10 mins early and made them
stand in front of the Primary room until it was
time to go in.
I was seriously so annoyed.

Anyways... church ended and I went to go get
Dmitri.
He had fallen asleep on Jeffrey's shoulder!!
I was shocked! So unlike Dmitri.
He was awake for most the ride home, just
quiet and drinking his milk.
When we got home, he wanted me to hold him.
So we sat on the sofa for a while - him just laying
on me dozing off.
He wouldn't let me put him down. I ended up
taking his Bobby and blanket and laying them
on the sofa. And he ended up falling asleep for
a bit.
He felt warm - but I could not find the thermometer.
When he woke back up - I gave him some Tylenol,
then he was asleep again.
I finally found the thermometer a half hour after
Tylenol, and he had a 101.4 temp under his armpit.
So we cuddled some more, and he kept falling asleep,
then awake, then asleep.
He had no runny nose, no cough, no puke or diarrhea.
Just the fever and lethargic.
Daniel came home and checked his lungs and all
that, and they were clear.
So we just hung out and got some cool air on him.

Around 9 that night - a new baby emerged. He
woke up and was playing, laughing, talking and
eating. Like nothing ever happened. No temp either.
It was sooo weird!

He fell asleep with Daniel around 10:30-11 and
slept through the night. Woke up Monday a little
warm {100 degrees} so I gave him some more
Tylenol - and he was fine.
His fever never came back - and he seemed totally
normal.
So I'm guessing it may have just been exhaustion.
Our zoo day - and his early morning wore him out
and his body wanted him to rest.

Monday I babysat. As well as today.
The baby came over at 5am!! I am not an early
person. I like the morning - but not 5am morning.

Luckily the baby went to sleep almost right away,
and so did I.
Daniel and Dmitri woke up at 10 - and we spent
the day doing stuff around the house.

Today baby came at 9. Very nice - but I was
expecting 7 - so I was awake.
So nothing much today. More house stuff, and
errands.
Daniel went to see Avatar 3D - and he liked
it. Of course!

He also got me a replacement phone - so now
I have a working home button and don't need
to blow into my phone to make it work.
Yay!! :D

I also redid Dmitri's room. I painted. I like it
more and more - but it took some time to get
used to it.
It so much brighter and bigger looking! It's a
light light green.
I need to take a pic in the daytime. Cause it
didn't photograph well :\I was putting his toys away to vacuum - and
he kept dumping them back out.
So the next time I tried, he sat in the basket.Now I need to find a color for our room! I'm
ready to ditch the Tiffany's box blue :]

Zoo pics!
There's a lot....

The scenery...
Tiger prints - I thought were adorable :]
Dmitri thought we were in a group with everyone.
We went into the reptile room and he kept waiting
for this one family and would wave his hand for them
to follow him.
Here he is chatting up with a new group in front of
the orangutans.Dmitri and his wand
Standing on his step checking out the monkeys

4 comments:

  1. You got awesome pictures from the zoo!! Dmitri's room looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys made it to the zoo!! Wish we could have come :( Love your pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm sure it wasn't very entertaining to you, but Dmitri's FLIP out was funny to read about. I don't know why...maybe it's the "it's not my dog/kid/family" thing. HAHA!

    P.S. Looooove your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute pics of cute Dmitri, He is growing alot! How Fun going to the zoo!! cute pics you too.

    ReplyDelete