About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I take full responsibility....

Since I did give him the crayons... and
left him in the supervision of his father.

I am considering paint colors for the main
living area of our house... maybe this is
Dmitri's way of suggesting colors.

I take full responsibility for my refrigerator
turning into Saskatchewan and my freezer
turning into the Arctic. As I let Dmitri rearrange the condiments
and pick juice or milk and apparently turn
the temps in there up full blast.

I opened the freezer the other day - and was
greeted with a nice {large} cloud of frigid air.
I could barely see into the freezer. I had to
wait for the cloud to clear.
Dmitri was at my feet - and he just said "OoOo"
and opened his arms to try and grab the cloud.

It didn't dawn on me to check the temp at that
time. Dur. But later on I opened the fridge to
get something - and saw the freezer dial turned
full blast.
And now my fridge stuff is freezing - it was almost
full blast.
He's so sneaky and fast. I've caught him once out
of the handful of times he's done it.

And not taking full responsibility for this. Though I did leave them to their own devices
for a few hours today.
Which meant I came back to a dirty house.
But they had fun. And Daniel says they didn't
spend the whole time watching tv.

But... I think Dmitri is watching too much tv.
He really only watches 2-3 hours a day.
An episode of Sesame Street when he wakes up.
One in the afternoon - and sometimes one before
bed, or when he wakes up in the middle of the
night.

So not that much. They just happen to be an
hour long.
But Dmitri knows what happens before it happens.

I was sitting next to him a couple weeks ago, and
we were watching Sesame Street. Well out of no
where he blows a raspberry to the tv. It was
during an Elmo's world segment - and it was a
Mr. Noodle part. A few seconds after Dmitri blew
his raspberry - so did Mr. Noodle. And Dmitri
laughed.
A few days later - again watching Sesame Street,
an Abby's Flying Fairy School this time, and
Dmitri spins in a circle then waves his hand. I
watched - and a few seconds later... sure enough,
Abby and her friends spin in a circle and wave their
wands to do a spell.
And the other day, Daniel and I were watching an
episode with him - and a sign language segment
comes on. This little boy does the sign for moon,
and sun - and some other... and Dmitri did them too!
Almost exactly.
He also plays along when they tell the audience
to dance, or count, or clap, or reach their hands up.

So I think he's watching too much. He's not supposed
to know what happens before it happens. Not yet
anyway!
We've tried getting him into other shows. But when
we turn something else on, he just walks away. He
did watch Dora for a bit the other day - and liked
the counting and songs... but still isn't into it.
Daniel wants him to like Little Einsteins - but he'll
only watch the opening song, then goes to play.

Really. Either Sesame Street needs to come out
with more new episodes... or Dmitri needs to get
cut off.
Unfortunately he knows how to get to the Tivo
menu... and is persistent with his "do!"

Alright. That's that.
Hello 2am... so nice to see you again.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Coloring on the walls is never fun. I only have colored pencils out all the time. Hazel eats crayons and markers are too messy so pencils it is. I love that he knows Sesame Street. I remember Noah's first time laughing out loud watching TV was Curious George. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... Dmitri's a crayon eater too. He's getting better - but if I don't watch - he will nibble them! That or draw on the walls... blah.

    ReplyDelete