About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blah blah and... blah.

Today was filled with poop... poop and more
POOP!

My weekend was filled with paint... paint and
more PAINT!

I hope tomorrow is filled with good... good and
more GOOD!

But I'll be babysitting... for 13 hours. I'm
starting to think this was a bad idea. Especially
when Daniel starts the night shift. Which should
be next month. Bummer.

Daniel was home this weekend. Which was very
nice. We got a lot done - but have more to do.
We've weeded through a lot of 'stuff' and got some
painting done.
I repainted our bedroom. I told Daniel to grab a
can... whatever brown he liked since he'd be at
Home Depot anyways.
He was torn between two... but I'm glad he picked
the one he did. I really like it. It looks like a nice
suede. It is a lot darker then we expected. Even
though he went with the lightest on the sample
palette. But it's good!

We also painted our bathroom. We agreed on a
color called California Dreaming. The sample was
a nice green with a bit of lime and an even smaller
hint of yellow.
What we got... yellow. Almost mustard, but more
baby poop.
I swear it's not the same color as the sample. But
I can't find the sample. It was weird and lumpy, and
was mixed to late at night for me to care.
I'm wondering if our bathroom lights make it look
yellow - because in the daytime it's not terribly bad.
I'm trying to think it's more Spanish then baby poop...
{the pic doesn't do it justice}
{{but we've decided it's not bad enough to repaint - yet}}
This is my old shower curtain. I love it. But it made the
paint in there glow. So I bought a second one... and am
now using them as curtains in the living room. I'm totally
in love with them even more.And the brown above is the replacement one. I was going
to buy two of it for curtains... but glad I didn't because
it might be too hypnotizing in the living room...
I decided that with all these paint mishaps I've had,
I'd buy a sample can for the main living area and kitchen.
Glidden has them and they're $3. Not bad in comparison
to buying 3 cans of paint and having the color not be
what I expected.
I chose two different greens and settled on one. But...
changed my curtains today. So now I'm leaning towards
a brown. Blah!
I am so torn between brown and green. I wont be changing
this paint - so whatever color it is, is what it will be when
we sell.
So... for saleability - should it be green or brown?
Seriously, suggestions welcome.
I think brown is less offensive - but from what I see on
tv, the people that hate brown, HATE brown. And green
is calming - but it would determine colors you decorate
with if you didn't want to repaint. Hmm hmm hmm...

Alright - away from paint.
Dmitri did great in Nursery on Sunday. His fave teacher
Jeffrey was there - so he had a good time.
You should see the pic he colored. He was VERY into
coloring that day! :]
When I went to pick him up - some of the other parents
were already there picking up their kids. Dmitri was
standing at the baby gate just waiting his turn. He kept
looking up to see if any of the mommies or daddies were
his. So I had to go scoop him up. Love that boy!! XD

Yesterday I was having an off day. Really off. I just had
a pity party all day. Plus I wanted to go to this one beach,
because it's perfect for Dmitri.
But President's Day - at 12:30 - and a beach with only
so much parking... no go. They turned us away. So we
went to a different one. Which was fine, but the waves
we bigger.

Dmitri had a great time. We haven't been to the beach
in a while. But I made sure to bring beach toys. So Dmitri
had fun with that. This was the first time we didn't have
to chase after him. At all. He stayed on or near our blanket,
and would hold my hand when we went to the water to refill
his bucket. It was awesome. And the highlight of my day.
We did go into the water. It was a little cold at first - but we
adjusted pretty quick. My legs were burning because I'd have
to jump over the waves holding Dmitri - and we were in there
for a while. When the waves would pass - I'd hold him out
and let him kick his legs and bounce around - but there was
a couple waves coming in and he got scared, and he said "hold me!"
I was like "huh?!" He said it soooo clear! He has never said
it before. I think he's holding out on us. But I held him close
and he clutched on. Love him.

So not a bad afternoon at all.

Today - ugh. Morning started out fine... then around noon,
hmm. I babysat, and while the baby was sleeping I left
Dmitri in the living room to play and I went to clean the
bathroom {I had the baby gate up, so I could hear what
he was doing - minus this} He pooped. Took his shorts and
diaper off - and got poop all over the floor. I walk out of
the bathroom, and there he is by the baby gate wiping
poop off the floor with baby wipes!
I couldn't get mad at that. It actually broke my heart
because I'm sure he knew he'd be in trouble. He had
panic eyes - but I just told him it was okay, and took
him to the bathtub to rinse him off... then cleaned the
floor.
I can hear my mother now - potty train him already!
I know. He's beyond ready. Daniel and I are just lazy.
We've already established this. Plus he can take his
onesies off now... so I have no way to keep a diaper on
him. He know what poop and pee is. He knows where
the potty is and sits on it. He pees on it - still working
on the pooping. And stays dry for an hour at a time
since we've cut back on the liquids {he was drinking
WAY too much}.
I'm just paranoid about taking him out once he's potty
trained. Really - it's so much easier with diapers and
errands.
I totally holding him back.

Anyways - more poop. Baby and Dmitri both had
diaper blowouts today {after Dmitri's poop on floor.
Dmitri's was totally my fault since I gave him
strawberries and kiwis for lunch. But he loves them
so much!
I swear I can still smell poop :[

He hated the Bumbo as a baby. Now that's I've taken
it out for babysitting... he thinks it's pretty awesome.
{both taken today}Dmitri using the babies bottle as a wrist bandSnacking on some cookie dough!This stupid gecko was ALL over my kitchen!
Daniel tried to catch it - but it's disappeared.
Hopefully out of my house.
I know it's going to pop out at me when I'm getting
a glass or a bowl and scare the poop out of me!I need to take some more painted room pics,
but my camera died. So maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I like the bathroom. It's hard to tell what it looks like in person but it looks good against the bold shower curtain (super cute by the way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me the color on the bathroom looks like pea soup with squash mixed in. And I'm not saying it to be mean. I think it's just because the camera turns it a different color.

    ReplyDelete