dino hats and teddy bear ears!
As seen below...
these are belated Christmas gifts for my little
sisters.

They were supposed to be a surprise... but they
were too fun to keep a secret!
{and no worries older sister, I wont forget about you!:}
Yesterday Dmitri and I took a walk to the park.
When we first got there, there was a little girl
who is probably 8. She was really sweet and kept
talking to Dmitri - and he thought she was fun.
Before she left, she gave Dmitri one of her cookies.
He was in love. Lol he ran after her! It was so cute!
About 5 minutes later another little girl showed up.
She was about 3. She'd play really close to Dmitri,
but wouldn't talk to him. So he'd follow her around,
and she thought that was fun I guess.
When I packed up to leave, she came over and said
she didn't want us to go, because she was playing
with Dmitri.
Unfortunetely it was past Dmitri's nap time, and
he was having fun running towards the street while
he thought I wasn't looking. Mainly I think he just
wanted to be chased.
So we had fun!
Went home, he napped, and then we headed to the
library to check some stuff out.
I was smarter this time and didn't let him down
until after we had passed the computers. So I didn't
have to fight with him the whole time.
He was in a really silly mood, so he'd run and throw
himself down on the giant stuffed animal pillows and
laugh. Then just lay there.
So the library was good. We signed up for a card, and
took home some books.
I got a bit irked when I went to fill out the form. I
sat Dmitri on the counter to fill the form out, and
the security guard told me I had to get him off. Even
though I was standing right next to him. So I was
pretty bugged... and acted completely put out of
course. I know... childish, but whateves :}
Last night - well I had signed up to feed the Missionaries,
but had totally forgotten to write the date down. So
I was really surprised when they called me to set a
time for last night! Eee...
Daniel was working, so I told them I'd just make
them dinner and bring it to them. They said they'd
actually swing by to get it after their last appointment.
Well luckily they didn't get to our house until 8, and
20 minutes after Daniel got home.
So they came in and ate, and chatted and shared a
message with us. So I'm glad that worked out!
Today Dmitri had a playdate with one of his friends
in our ward. We went over to his house and played
for a bit. They got along pretty well - no tears. And
they even conspired and took apart the Monopoly
game, which was quite the mess to clean up!
But we had a great time! Then home for a nap, and
the rest of the day we just hung out.
Dmitri's been talking a lot more. He says 'stop' and 'ball'
and asks "what's that?"
He knows what cat says, and working on what bird says.
He knows what dog and lion say.
He points out babies, boys and girls in books. And he
likes to kick the ball around the house.
I don't know. The last few days he seems to be
communicating better. Or maybe I'm just listening
better - because we've had a lot less temper tantrums.
I've also started putting him in his room when he's
naughty. Like when he pulls the dining chairs into
the kitchen to get things he shouldn't play with off
the counter. He gets a warning, and if he doesn't listen
he goes to his room.
So he was doing things he knows are naughty tonight,
and I'd give him to warning that he'd have to go to
his room, and he'd stop. And then go do something
else. So it's been REALLY nice!
Such a relief.
Mmmm.... last night I went to check on Dmitri
before I went to bed. He went to bed in pj pants,
so I was a little concerned when I saw bare legs
in his crib. I got closer and there was a bare heiny
starting back at me! He took off his pants and diaper.
Apparently pretty early on, because his diaper was
totally dry - and his sheets and shirt were soaked!
So I had to wake him up to change him and his sheets.
Lucklily he was totally out of it, so he fell right back
to sleep. I'm just glad there was no number twos!!
Sigh... I love him.
Especially when he's sleeping :}
Oh yes... my little sister had to make a head
for Ceramics.
She was working on it today and asked me if
I wanted a pic of it for my blog.
Of course I said yes... so here it is.
She says she doesn't like it, but I think he's
cute.
I thought it was weird that she was allowed
to take him home to work on him.
She said she's not... but her teacher doesn't
know.
Lol how to you walk off with a giant head under
your arm, and the teacher not notice?! XD
On Candice... I can just picture it all now :}
Daniel's off for a few days!
Yay!!
Let's hope we don't get lazy, and take advantage
of some family time!
As seen below...
these are belated Christmas gifts for my little
sisters.


They were supposed to be a surprise... but theywere too fun to keep a secret!
{and no worries older sister, I wont forget about you!:}
Yesterday Dmitri and I took a walk to the park.
When we first got there, there was a little girl
who is probably 8. She was really sweet and kept
talking to Dmitri - and he thought she was fun.
Before she left, she gave Dmitri one of her cookies.
He was in love. Lol he ran after her! It was so cute!
About 5 minutes later another little girl showed up.
She was about 3. She'd play really close to Dmitri,
but wouldn't talk to him. So he'd follow her around,
and she thought that was fun I guess.
When I packed up to leave, she came over and said
she didn't want us to go, because she was playing
with Dmitri.
Unfortunetely it was past Dmitri's nap time, and
he was having fun running towards the street while
he thought I wasn't looking. Mainly I think he just
wanted to be chased.
So we had fun!
Went home, he napped, and then we headed to the
library to check some stuff out.
I was smarter this time and didn't let him down
until after we had passed the computers. So I didn't
have to fight with him the whole time.
He was in a really silly mood, so he'd run and throw
himself down on the giant stuffed animal pillows and
laugh. Then just lay there.
So the library was good. We signed up for a card, and
took home some books.
I got a bit irked when I went to fill out the form. I
sat Dmitri on the counter to fill the form out, and
the security guard told me I had to get him off. Even
though I was standing right next to him. So I was
pretty bugged... and acted completely put out of
course. I know... childish, but whateves :}
Last night - well I had signed up to feed the Missionaries,
but had totally forgotten to write the date down. So
I was really surprised when they called me to set a
time for last night! Eee...
Daniel was working, so I told them I'd just make
them dinner and bring it to them. They said they'd
actually swing by to get it after their last appointment.
Well luckily they didn't get to our house until 8, and
20 minutes after Daniel got home.
So they came in and ate, and chatted and shared a
message with us. So I'm glad that worked out!
Today Dmitri had a playdate with one of his friends
in our ward. We went over to his house and played
for a bit. They got along pretty well - no tears. And
they even conspired and took apart the Monopoly
game, which was quite the mess to clean up!
But we had a great time! Then home for a nap, and
the rest of the day we just hung out.
Dmitri's been talking a lot more. He says 'stop' and 'ball'
and asks "what's that?"
He knows what cat says, and working on what bird says.
He knows what dog and lion say.
He points out babies, boys and girls in books. And he
likes to kick the ball around the house.
I don't know. The last few days he seems to be
communicating better. Or maybe I'm just listening
better - because we've had a lot less temper tantrums.
I've also started putting him in his room when he's
naughty. Like when he pulls the dining chairs into
the kitchen to get things he shouldn't play with off
the counter. He gets a warning, and if he doesn't listen
he goes to his room.
So he was doing things he knows are naughty tonight,
and I'd give him to warning that he'd have to go to
his room, and he'd stop. And then go do something
else. So it's been REALLY nice!
Such a relief.
Mmmm.... last night I went to check on Dmitri
before I went to bed. He went to bed in pj pants,
so I was a little concerned when I saw bare legs
in his crib. I got closer and there was a bare heiny
starting back at me! He took off his pants and diaper.
Apparently pretty early on, because his diaper was
totally dry - and his sheets and shirt were soaked!
So I had to wake him up to change him and his sheets.
Lucklily he was totally out of it, so he fell right back
to sleep. I'm just glad there was no number twos!!
Sigh... I love him.
Especially when he's sleeping :}
Oh yes... my little sister had to make a headfor Ceramics.
She was working on it today and asked me if
I wanted a pic of it for my blog.
Of course I said yes... so here it is.
She says she doesn't like it, but I think he'scute.
I thought it was weird that she was allowed
to take him home to work on him.
She said she's not... but her teacher doesn't
know.
Lol how to you walk off with a giant head under
your arm, and the teacher not notice?! XD
On Candice... I can just picture it all now :}
Daniel's off for a few days!
Yay!!
Let's hope we don't get lazy, and take advantage
of some family time!




Super cute hats! You're awesome.
ReplyDeleteI made a head for ceramics a couple years ago, too. I still love him. And oddly enough I was allowed to take him home to work on him.
WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE HATS?!?!?! Did you make them? I have been looking for a hat with little ears like the white one you have on for FOR-EVER! All the ones I find always have so much stuff on them. I just want one with little ears!
ReplyDeleteThe bear hat is too cute!
ReplyDeleteWe are dealing with the taking off of diapers and clothes too. I'm so terrified our house is going to smell like pee. I scrub everything and wash it. Thank goodness we got a steam cleaner vacuum for christmas.
Love Dmitri's new shoes....they rock too!!
ReplyDelete