About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend in review

So I've started babysitting for one of Daniel's
co-workers.
The baby is about 2 months - almost 3 - so he's
still pretty new!
Friday was the first day - and he gets dropped
off around 6:30.
Dmitri usually wakes up around 8:30 or 9, but
for some reason he was up at 6 that morning!

So he lounged a bit... then went back to bed
about 45 mins later.
But the baby didn't show up until a little after
7 that day, so I was glad Dmitri went back to
sleep while I could get adjusted!

I forgot how much attention newborns need.
So I was concerned how Dmitri would handle
him.
Dmitri woke up, saw the baby, said "Ooo" and
then brought me the remote to turn the tv to
Sesame Street.
So nothing out of the ordinary.
Dmitri actually did really well with the baby.
He even tried to help out a little bit. When I
was changing the baby, he'd hand me wipes,
or try to wipe the babies face with the wipes.
He also had a conflict going on with himself...
to steal the babies binky, or not steal the babies
binky....
He stole it a few times, but then other times
would take it - then try to put it back in the
babies mouth.
But mostly I'd like to think he was helpful and
didn't feel too neglected!

Oy. He did pull a first on me. That day of all
days.
So I put Dmitri down for a nap - and since he's
been taking his shorts and diaper off - I put
him in some tighter shorts.
Well he spent a while in there talking, but
I figured he's just talk himself to sleep.
But after a half hour or so... still not asleep.
I went in to go get him, and..... POOP!!!!
He had taken OFF his shorts and diaper,
and pooped!!
He stepped in it, he touched it, it was on
his forehead - I was horrified! I just started
screaming and then rushed him to the bathroom.
Ugh! It was so gross! I'm pretty sure I freaked
him out - but good! Hopefully he wont do it
again!
Now he sleeps in onesies and footie pjs. He
is grounded from his two piece pjs.

Daniel worked this weekend - blah. Saturday
I met up with a friend and we walked around
the Ko'Olina resort.
It's gorgeous there. They have 4 Lagoons and
a total paved walkway that follows the coastline.

So we walked that - and then let the kids play
in the water.
I lost one of Dmitri's water wings, and I didn't
bring a swimsuit - so he couldn't go in very far.
Which was fine with him, because all he wanted
to do was steal toys.
There was a little girl, about 6, that Dmitri would
not leave alone! He wanted these boards she was
using for her sand castle.
I'd take him away, further from her, but he'd
always find his way back. She kept glaring at
him and giving some serious stink eye. I found
it kind of ammusing :}
We didn't stay too long at the beach because of
that - so home we went!
We spent the rest of the afternoon at home, then
doing some errands.

Well today it was me and Dmitri at church. We
skipped Sacrament because I knew I'd spend
the entire time in the hall anyway. Plus Dmitri
slept through it. Which he actually woke up
grumpier. That's never a good thing....
So we got to church, I dropped Dmitri off
at nursery, and he was not okay with it.

When we left opening exercises to go to class,
I listened at the door for any crying, but didn't
hear any.
So off to class. About 5 mins left in class the
Primary leaders came to get me. They said he
would not calm down. I went in to get him, and
one of the teachers was holding him while he was
trying to catch his breath from crying. Poor guy.
So he was happy to see me, and wouldn't let me
put him down.
Of course he calmed down during sharing time...
so I had to leave my class and walk him around.

I am so grateful for awesome friends, and members
of the Bishopric, that offered to walk him around
for me and on the verge of tears.
We tried with one person, and Dmitri wasn't okay
with it. She said he kept looking for me. Which
totally broke my heart!
So I just walked him around the rest of church.

Ekk. One of the boys in my class kept farting on
purpose today! It was so gross! I told him to stop,
but how do you stop someone from doing that??!
And of course everyone thought it was hilarious...

Daniel's off next Sunday - so let's hope things go
better!

With Dmitri's new trick {taking his diaper off}
I bought him some big boy undies.
I put them on him - then asked where the potty
was. He went and pointed to it... so I figured that
was a good sign.
But.... 5 minutes after new undies... he goes into
the kitchen, stands in the corner and pees.
Dmitri 1 - undies 0.
So we'll be starting fresh, again. Maybe with M&M's.
I hear those come in handy during potty training...Silly pics!!I love when he smiles and laughs in
his sleep... :)*** of yea - and I've been asked what happened
to us going private.
Well... I did. For like a day and a half.
Maybe two.
But for whatever reason Mozilla will not
save my user name and password for blogger!
It doesn't even leave my user name as a recently
used option.
So I was getting really bugged having to log in,
especially since my email isn't short.
Dumb on my part.
Anyways - that's why. I got annoyed
and this is obviously easier.

3 comments:

  1. You're busy busy. Good luck watching the baby. It's good he's not too jealous or anything.

    I went private for a day or so, too. It's just annoying. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I like Dmitri's reaction to the baby: "ooohh!" And done. BUWAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot believe you are potty training dmitri already.... like i am shocked. i hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete