About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just craftin'

I'm too tired to post about the daily grind...
and I'm sure you'd all be tired after reading
about it - because we haven't been up to
much!
So onto more interesting things. Crafts!

Daniel got me a gift card to Ben Franklin
Craft for Christmas - so I went and put it
to good use!
Let me start off by saying - I am notorious
for saying "I can do that"!
I saw these cute Valentine's signs at Target,
and they were $5.99 - which is actually a
good price. But I figured I could make them.
I should have bought them instead. They
only cost me a couple dollars more, but still,
times two, that's $4.
Here are my versions... which I like equally
to the Target ones. I think.
{along with my Valentine's tree!}
I was sad to see my Christmas stuff go, so
I decided making a Valentine's Tree would
help with the Christmas blues. I wont lie...
it worked.
I love the colors. Maybe I'll use them for my
Christmas tree next year ;}
I wanted more glam and glitter on it, so I made
these red glittered ornaments out of Styrofoam
balls.
{a bit blurry}I've had this board hanging around for
awhile. One of my .51 Home Depot scraps.
My bathroom wall needed a little something
so I bought the 'relax' word and some Alphabet
stencils - which I've needed for a while.Did you spot the error....?
Umm so I pulled up the word 'rejuvenate'
on my phone just to make sure I spelled
it correctly. I even had the phone next to
me while I was stenciling. Well... come to
realize I forgot to stencil the 'U' in.
Of course.
Daniel hasn't noticed yet, but the sign is
across from the toilet... so sit there long
enough and I'm sure everyone will notice! X}

So a dear friend on mine made me these
adorable block for Christmas! I am seriously
in love! :D
They say 'LOVE' and each letter has pics
of one of us - and the L has family pics of us.
I love them. Please ignore my silver glitter dust. It's all
over my house and I can't get rid of it.
Well... more like I don't really care to try... ;)

Of course I can't have a post without posting
about Dmitri!
Here he is lounging.... in a comfy position I
suppose.He always stands and plays on this ottoman.
It drives me nuts. Especially when he dive
bombs over the top of the sofa onto my head.And.... I will leave you with this.The only way to drive a car I guess :}

OH! Dmitri has two new words. Bird and nose.
We took a family walk the other night, and he
was pointing to a bird. I said "look, a bird" and
Dmitri says "bird" It was so clear. And the
cutest thing! He only said it once after that, and
hasn't said it since :\
For nose, he started saying it yesterday. He points
to his nose and says "noooossse"
I love him. I want him to stay my adorable little
Dmitri forever!! :[
Except when he cries for 45 mins straight because
I can't figure out what he wants. Only to find
out he just wanted a scoop of Nesquik in his milk!
On Sunday he wanted a cup of milk, so I got him
one. Then he starts pointing towards the counter
and grunting. There were some snacks on it, but
he didn't want any of them and would just scream
more. I finally figured that he might want something
in the cabinet above the counter. I open it and the
first thing I see is the Nesquik. I said "this?" and
he started jumping. So I gave him a scoop in his
milk, tears dried up, instant happy and off he went.
Ay yi yi....
This post is turning out longer then expected....
But Dmitri went to Nursery for the first time last
Sunday. He liked it - and colored a cute pic... but
I'll post about all that later.
It's 1:29am. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. As always...I'm totally envious of your mad crafting skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A valentine's day tree!! I love it!! And your signs (as usual) are totally cute. SELL THEM!!!!

    ReplyDelete