About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, January 1, 2010

If fireworks do ward off evil spirts....

then we are set for life!
Courtesy of our neighborhood....

It's seriously like a warzone out here.
Fireworks have been going off since 5pm.
Well - fireworks go off every night, but the
New Year's fireworks started at 5.

I'm pretty sure the entire state of Hawaii
has New Year's Eve off. It's HUGE out here!
Huge.

I took some videos - below. The first was around
8, and the second was at midnight. The video
doesn't do the noise justice. Our house was shaking.
It actually got worse after I stopped filming,
the sky was lit so bright it looked like the afternoon.
With all my windows and doors closed - smoke
smell is still drifting into my house. And it's so
smokey outside it's hard to breathe or see!

And it's SO loud! We tried putting Dmitri to bed
3 times, and he was woken up everytime. He
finally feel asleep around 9:30.

I took him out to see the fireworks earlier tonight,
and he wasn't bothered by the noise. But when
the fireworks lit up - he'd start crying. Poor guy
was shaking!
So we went inside. And he'd insist of peeking out
the window. And would cry when they'd go off.
{checking things out from inside}
Dmitri took this picture... so I had to post it.
Sorry Daniel :}
I am allergic to a certain Ikea comforter we have.
We used it when we first got here, and I'd wake up
with super itchy, bug bite like spots on my legs. Like
6 to 10 of them all together. I assumed mosquito
bites, but Daniel and Dmitri didn't have any.
Well we haven't used the comforter in about 6 months.
But I pulled it out and put it on our bed a few days
ago. Woke up - the bites had returned!! So something
about the blanket I'm allergic to. Maybe the detergent
or fabric softener? :\ I don't know.
But you can see 2 spots right next to each other on my
knee in the pic above. Lol long boring story :}

We've been getting a bit of rain. And he was out
in my lanai yesterday morning.......
This is a very random post! Sorry.
Dmitri got a remote controlled car from Santa.
Well Santa forgot the batteries for the remote.
There's a buttom on the car - the when pushed
make noise and the car lites up {the car came
with batteries, but not the remote} so Dmitri
thought it was pretty cool. Well... I got batteries
the next day, and Dmitri is terrified of the car
now. He starts freaking out when it moves on
it's own. Kind of funny - but I'm a bit bummed.
He's eventually like it I'm sure, but for now we
have to hid the remote.... :}
~here he is with the car before it moved on it's own..Anyways - enough about that.

This has been one crazy year!

We arrived in Hawaii a year ago today. Yes.
A good way to start the New Year!

We bought our first place, Dmitri celebrated his
first birthday, first steps, first swim and plane ride.
We had our second anniversary, Dmitri experienced
the ocean for the first time, and this was my first
holiday season away from my parents and family.
That's weird, considering I'm 26. But good - because
I love bring 'home' for the holidays!

Our first day, week and month here, I didn't
know how we'd make it 6 months. And now a
year has come and gone. Right before my eyes.

It's been a wonderful year! And I hope 2010 is
even better!

Look how much he's grown! This was January 3rd, 09
{and no, we didn't cut Dmitri's hair like that....}
These are unnecessarily long... and unfocused.
Sorry!

My laptop power cord is broken. It works about
50% of the time... and I ordered a new one today.
So hopefully it wont be too long between posts.
:]

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Dmitri has gotten SO big. Which I guess is what you'd expect, you want them to grow....And that's crazy that it's already been a year. 2009 went by REALLY fast, (to me at least).
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Sorry about your your neighbors. I didn't hear a single firework here.

    ReplyDelete