I got an early morning wake up call this morning,
from my little sister.
It was in regards to my blog. I guess my posts are
getting less frequent....
Anyways.... Merry Christmas!
We had a great week leading up to Christmas.
Christmas Eve, Eve was not the best day. Dmitri
was crabby - which made me crabby. Daniel had
the worst day he's had at work thus far, and on top
of that, we had Daniel's work Christmas party
that night.
I was bugged about the Christmas party because
we had to pay to go, and it was A LOT! So I was
super bugged. Daniel and his co-workers were
promised a day off if they went, so he signed up.
But they lied! He didn't get the day off. The dinner
started at 7, and he wasn't off until 7:30.
They chose Dave & Busters {for some reason} and
it's downtown - so we had a ways to drive. I ended
up driving to Daniel's work and then we drove to
Dave & Busters together.
I've never been there - but I had an idea of what
it was. And basically it's a glorified Chuck E Cheese
for grown-ups.
The dinner was in one of the big rooms - and it was
catered by Dave & Busters. We also got a gift card
with money to play the games.
We weren't too impressed with the food, but the
company was good - so at least there was that.
Dmitri was still in a mood, so we took him out and
let him play some games.
It was odd. It was like we were at a bar, walking
around with our 1 year old. People were drinking
and guys were picking up on girls, and there were
security guards all around. And then there was
Dmitri. And a few other kids from the party. It was
weird.
But Dmitri liked the games. We're taking him to
Vegas ASAP.
He won the Wheel of Fortune jackpot - which is
not an easy thing! So he got 500 tickets. He also
hit the 90 ticket space, and then won big on some
other games. It was also double coupon night. So
he came home with an orange bear, a care bear
and some little things like a kazoo. He also bought
Daniel some candy ;)
So it ended up being an okay night. Dmitri didn't
get to bed until we got in the car - at 10:30. So
he slept in pretty late on Christmas Eve! Which
was nice :}
Christmas Eve we woke up and had a nice french
toast breakfast. Made with our fave Cinnamon
Burst Bread from Great Harvest :)
Our Realtor dropped us off a Great Harvest gift
basket the day before, which was so nice of her!
I totally forgot she was stopping by - and came to
the door looking nasty and haggard, in the world's
biggest t-shirt. It was embarrassing.....
So we had a good breakfast. That afternoon we
went and had Christmas Eve dinner with some
friends in our ward. It was a great dinner, and
Dmitri had a good time playing with the other kids.
Poor guy - he was the only boy among 5 little girls.
Plus one newborn baby girl :} But he still had a good
time. They had a play kitchen - and that was enough
for him.
He pooped out pretty early, still not recovered from
the night before, so we headed home and put him to
bed!
Not before he opened his Christmas Eve present...
PJS! He was... thrilled.... lol. He got some footie
pj's - and he hasn't worn those since we moved here.
So it was funny watching him in them. Lol he wasn't
digging the feet :}
But they worked - so off to bed! And while he was off
in dreamland - Santa came!!
He left some fun stuff for Dmitri! And Daniel, and me!
Love Christmas.... :}
We woke up Christmas morning, before Dmitri.
And I gave Daniel his stocking. Dmitri woke up
around 8:30 and wasn't too impressed with the presents
under the tree. He still just loves the ornaments.
So it took some coaxing on our part - and he started
opening his gifts. Once one was open - he thought
he was done - and would take his new toy and go off
to play with it. So we'd let him play a bit, then try
and get him to open another gift. So present opening
took a few hours.... :)
We had a great Christmas! Santa was good to all
of us - and we enjoyed our time together! We Skyped
with my family - and then talked with Daniel's - so
that helped us not feel so far away from 'home'
Not too much Saturday. I braved the after Christmas
retail to go out and get some necessity items.
Other then that - it was a nice quiet day.
Sunday we had church. Daniel had to teach the
missionary class, so I took Dmitri for the first half.
He found out that our Bishop wants to extend the
class, so he might be teaching it a bit longer. Good
and bad I guess.
I had a meeting that night with the other Primary
teachers and leaders. We went over how to handle
over active kids - and got our manuals for next year.
They've revised the classes - and added some. So
I'm curious to see who's actually in my class :\ Lol
it's all still a little confusing!
My class title went from CTR 8 - to CTR 7. But
it's still the same class. So instead of saying it's
the 8 year old class... it's now the 7 year olds turning
8 this year class. I don't know. Seems like an un-
necessary change :\
Meh.
Monday Daniel worked - and was charge nurse. So
his day was A LOT better! And Dmitri and I had a
good day. We ran some errands - and played around
at home.
Same as today - but Daniel was home :) I went
out shopping with one of my Christmas giftcards,
so that was fun!! :D
Dmitri has turned into my little helper. His new
name is "Helper" He loves it - and so do I. He gets
to help with the microwaves. I hold him up, and he
opens and closes the door. Then pushes the buttons
I tell him to. And he insists on helping everytime....
which actually isn't bad.
He also helps wipe the table after I spray it - and he
helps me with laundry by looking for any rogue socks
or rags in the washer. And he gets to push the buttons
on the washer. We're still working on toy clean up....
but getting better! I love my little helper :D
Dmitri had this sock on his hand for 3 hours......
Daniel and Dmitri are a bit under the weather
today. So here's Dmitri lounging tonight....
He LOVES his Boppy. LOVES.

from my little sister.
It was in regards to my blog. I guess my posts are
getting less frequent....
Anyways.... Merry Christmas!
We had a great week leading up to Christmas.
Christmas Eve, Eve was not the best day. Dmitri
was crabby - which made me crabby. Daniel had
the worst day he's had at work thus far, and on top
of that, we had Daniel's work Christmas party
that night.
I was bugged about the Christmas party because
we had to pay to go, and it was A LOT! So I was
super bugged. Daniel and his co-workers were
promised a day off if they went, so he signed up.
But they lied! He didn't get the day off. The dinner
started at 7, and he wasn't off until 7:30.
They chose Dave & Busters {for some reason} and
it's downtown - so we had a ways to drive. I ended
up driving to Daniel's work and then we drove to
Dave & Busters together.
I've never been there - but I had an idea of what
it was. And basically it's a glorified Chuck E Cheese
for grown-ups.
The dinner was in one of the big rooms - and it was
catered by Dave & Busters. We also got a gift card
with money to play the games.
We weren't too impressed with the food, but the
company was good - so at least there was that.
Dmitri was still in a mood, so we took him out and
let him play some games.
It was odd. It was like we were at a bar, walking
around with our 1 year old. People were drinking
and guys were picking up on girls, and there were
security guards all around. And then there was
Dmitri. And a few other kids from the party. It was
weird.
But Dmitri liked the games. We're taking him to
Vegas ASAP.
He won the Wheel of Fortune jackpot - which is
not an easy thing! So he got 500 tickets. He also
hit the 90 ticket space, and then won big on some
other games. It was also double coupon night. So
he came home with an orange bear, a care bear
and some little things like a kazoo. He also bought
Daniel some candy ;)
So it ended up being an okay night. Dmitri didn't
get to bed until we got in the car - at 10:30. So
he slept in pretty late on Christmas Eve! Which
was nice :}
Christmas Eve we woke up and had a nice french
toast breakfast. Made with our fave Cinnamon
Burst Bread from Great Harvest :)
Our Realtor dropped us off a Great Harvest gift
basket the day before, which was so nice of her!
I totally forgot she was stopping by - and came to
the door looking nasty and haggard, in the world's
biggest t-shirt. It was embarrassing.....
So we had a good breakfast. That afternoon we
went and had Christmas Eve dinner with some
friends in our ward. It was a great dinner, and
Dmitri had a good time playing with the other kids.
Poor guy - he was the only boy among 5 little girls.
Plus one newborn baby girl :} But he still had a good
time. They had a play kitchen - and that was enough
for him.
He pooped out pretty early, still not recovered from
the night before, so we headed home and put him to
bed!
Not before he opened his Christmas Eve present...
PJS! He was... thrilled.... lol. He got some footie
pj's - and he hasn't worn those since we moved here.
So it was funny watching him in them. Lol he wasn't
digging the feet :}
in dreamland - Santa came!!
Love Christmas.... :}
And I gave Daniel his stocking. Dmitri woke up
around 8:30 and wasn't too impressed with the presents
under the tree. He still just loves the ornaments.
So it took some coaxing on our part - and he started
opening his gifts. Once one was open - he thought
he was done - and would take his new toy and go off
to play with it. So we'd let him play a bit, then try
and get him to open another gift. So present opening
took a few hours.... :)
of us - and we enjoyed our time together! We Skyped
with my family - and then talked with Daniel's - so
that helped us not feel so far away from 'home'
Not too much Saturday. I braved the after Christmas
retail to go out and get some necessity items.
Other then that - it was a nice quiet day.
Sunday we had church. Daniel had to teach the
missionary class, so I took Dmitri for the first half.
He found out that our Bishop wants to extend the
class, so he might be teaching it a bit longer. Good
and bad I guess.
I had a meeting that night with the other Primary
teachers and leaders. We went over how to handle
over active kids - and got our manuals for next year.
They've revised the classes - and added some. So
I'm curious to see who's actually in my class :\ Lol
it's all still a little confusing!
My class title went from CTR 8 - to CTR 7. But
it's still the same class. So instead of saying it's
the 8 year old class... it's now the 7 year olds turning
8 this year class. I don't know. Seems like an un-
necessary change :\
Meh.
Monday Daniel worked - and was charge nurse. So
his day was A LOT better! And Dmitri and I had a
good day. We ran some errands - and played around
at home.
Same as today - but Daniel was home :) I went
out shopping with one of my Christmas giftcards,
so that was fun!! :D
Dmitri has turned into my little helper. His new
name is "Helper" He loves it - and so do I. He gets
to help with the microwaves. I hold him up, and he
opens and closes the door. Then pushes the buttons
I tell him to. And he insists on helping everytime....
which actually isn't bad.
He also helps wipe the table after I spray it - and he
helps me with laundry by looking for any rogue socks
or rags in the washer. And he gets to push the buttons
on the washer. We're still working on toy clean up....
but getting better! I love my little helper :D
Dmitri had this sock on his hand for 3 hours......
today. So here's Dmitri lounging tonight....
He LOVES his Boppy. LOVES.




That is so funny to see him using the boppy pillow. Smart!! I'm glad you had a good Christmas!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a good christmas :)
ReplyDeleteAnd BTW Your house(of what I can see) is decorated so cute!!
LOL! Takin Dmitri to Vegas, huh? Sounds like good times fo sho. Tell him to win me something! :P
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. :)
Um would you mind if I took Dmitri to Vegas too and then come have him help me clean the house??? The pics of him lounging in the boppy pillow are so cute :)
ReplyDelete