When you think you've totally deleted all your
blog page elements, layout and completely
messed up your editing.
Then spend an hour and a half doing Google
searches on how to fix it - only to figure out
you're an idiot - and you really didn't mess it up
after all.
Blah!
Another thing that's annoying - having to type
my email and password a million times to view
my own blog. I don't know if I'll get used to this...
So we'll see how long it lasts.
I wish blogger opted to save your user name
and password. That would be nice - and easy!
So I've completely slacked on my blogging!
It's been a busy week.
We had some park time - and some picture
time - and some partying... but it's been fun!
On Wednesday Dmitri and I went to Ko'Olina
Resort to take pics for our friends Christmas
card. Dmitri was SO good the entire time!
He just sat in his stroller and munched on food
while I took pics. Nice and easy.
After that we went to the mall to check out
Santa - and to get some lunch.
Daniel only had a CPR class that day - so he
was off a little after noon. I figured I'd grab
some nice clothes for Dmitri, have Daniel meet
us at the mall, and get Dmitri's Santa pics taken.
Meh. Come home only to realize the outfit I
wanted Dmitri to wear was in the washer.
So we just went to the mall for lunch - and to
help encourage Ava to sit on Santa's lap.
:]
We picked Panda for lunch - which Dmitri
was happy with. He got 2 spring rolls and was
in heaven! Then for dessert we splurged on
a mini Cinnabon. So he was in double heaven!
After lunch we went to say hi to Santa. At that
point Dmitri was totally over our trip and ready
to go home. So he didn't say hi to Santa.
Poor Ava was not happy to see Santa either!
But Santa's a good guy - so he was giving pointers
on how to hand her over and snap a pic before
she realized who was holding her. And it worked.
So she got her pic taken with him - without crying.
:]
Thursday Daniel was off, so we headed to Ko'Olina
again to take our pics. We figured we'd just set up
a tripod and it'd be easy. Nope. Dmitri had another
plan. And that plan was - get the camera.
So pics didn't go so good - and the family pics we
chose for our card has Dmitri trying to escape.
Ohwell.
After we again {deja vu day} headed to the mall
to grab some lunch and take Santa pics.
Dmitri was still upset about being denied the camera,
but lunch kind of helped.
After we ate we headed to Santa. Dmitri was totally
fine in line - watched the other kids get their pics
taken, and was even fine when we went up to say
hi to Santa. Then I handed him over, and Dmitri
flipped out!
All the picture packages were $20 - but they said
we could take our own pic if we wanted - and it was
free to do that - so that's what we opted for.
Daniel snapped a quick pic while I tried to get
Dmitri to smile. But of course the pic is of him crying.
Which is a classic Santa pic :}
Friday.... I don't remember what we did. Oh - I did
go walking/running and it felt like the longest walk/run
of my life.
And that's all I remember. Maybe more will come to
me.
Today was busy!
Kind of.
I woke up bright and early to go to a yoga class.
I'm sure all Military bases have this - but I know
for sure the one by us does. They have 2 gyms
that are completely free - and the classes they
offer are totally free. So after being here a year, I
decided to check a class out.
Gotta say - I loved it. A lot. I liked the pace and
it all felt SO good!
So I'll have to start going regularly. And taking
advantage of the gym.
After that I had to run and get some groceries
for our party we had tonight.
I went to the Commissary and PX by us. PX because
I was on the hunt for a Blu-Ray player.
Daniel sold his PS3 and games that go with it and
decided he wanted just a Blu-ray player. I told
him I'd pick one up {that we had seen a few weeks
ago}, but they they didn't have it in. So I opted to
go the the NEX {Navy} over by Pearl Harbor.
So I spent almost 3 hours running around town!
Blah. But I offered - so I guess I can't complain.
And it was really so long just because of traffic and
slow people.
At the PX, they had a bunch of wrestlers {I'm assuming}
signing autographs - so there was a huge crowd totally
working against me.
And then the NEX had surfers signing autographs! Ugh.
Well I grabbed a player - then groceries - and was off.
Annoyed at inconsiderate people - but that's that.
Blah.
Dmitri decided he wasn't going to nap today, so I
constantly had a crying baby at my feet all afternoon.
I planned a Cookie Party tonight - so I had a bit of
preparation and cleaning to do before everyone came
over.
But Dmitri was just not happy. At one point he decided
to get my attention by pulling down a tray of cookies
I had put on the counter. Luckily the pan had cooled
and he didn't get burnt - but I had cookies all over the
kitchen floor!
Luckily {again} the recipe made double what it said
it so I wasn't short on the amount I needed {only 12}.
But the party went great! I opted for a pre-baked
lasagna - which was pretty tasty. And I'm totally glad
I did it! I can't imagine having to make dinner tonight.
Oh - I should also say that this entire week I thought
the party was at 6:30 - and about an hour and a half
before everyone showed up - my friend Chelsea
{thank you!!} informed me that it was actually at 6.
Good job Sara. Lol today was a totally unorganized day.
Obviously.
So for the party, everyone was supposed to bring
a dozen {homemade} cookies.
I made chocolate cookie sandwiches {semi-homemade;}
Daniel requested them. I used 2 sticks of butter instead
of shortening - and icing for the filling.
There were also; peanut butter cookies with kisses,
peanut butter and chocolate chip and then butterscotch
and marshmallow haystacks. Yum yum yum!
And that was our weekend. It's now 12:25 and I swear
it was 10:20 30 minutes ago.
And I've yet to prepare my lesson for tomorrow.
Yikes.
And off I go!
Goodnight.
{and Mele Kalikimaka!}
The good.... and the bad....




I swear I'm not spanking him!


I liked this one... but didn't use it because my
head is so much bigger then Daniel's in it!
Just because I'm closer to the camera!!
I have a thing about large and small heads....

blog page elements, layout and completely
messed up your editing.
Then spend an hour and a half doing Google
searches on how to fix it - only to figure out
you're an idiot - and you really didn't mess it up
after all.
Blah!
Another thing that's annoying - having to type
my email and password a million times to view
my own blog. I don't know if I'll get used to this...
So we'll see how long it lasts.
I wish blogger opted to save your user name
and password. That would be nice - and easy!
So I've completely slacked on my blogging!
It's been a busy week.
We had some park time - and some picture
time - and some partying... but it's been fun!
On Wednesday Dmitri and I went to Ko'Olina
Resort to take pics for our friends Christmas
card. Dmitri was SO good the entire time!
He just sat in his stroller and munched on food
while I took pics. Nice and easy.
After that we went to the mall to check out
Santa - and to get some lunch.
Daniel only had a CPR class that day - so he
was off a little after noon. I figured I'd grab
some nice clothes for Dmitri, have Daniel meet
us at the mall, and get Dmitri's Santa pics taken.
Meh. Come home only to realize the outfit I
wanted Dmitri to wear was in the washer.
So we just went to the mall for lunch - and to
help encourage Ava to sit on Santa's lap.
:]
We picked Panda for lunch - which Dmitri
was happy with. He got 2 spring rolls and was
in heaven! Then for dessert we splurged on
a mini Cinnabon. So he was in double heaven!
After lunch we went to say hi to Santa. At that
point Dmitri was totally over our trip and ready
to go home. So he didn't say hi to Santa.
Poor Ava was not happy to see Santa either!
But Santa's a good guy - so he was giving pointers
on how to hand her over and snap a pic before
she realized who was holding her. And it worked.
So she got her pic taken with him - without crying.
:]
Thursday Daniel was off, so we headed to Ko'Olina
again to take our pics. We figured we'd just set up
a tripod and it'd be easy. Nope. Dmitri had another
plan. And that plan was - get the camera.
So pics didn't go so good - and the family pics we
chose for our card has Dmitri trying to escape.
Ohwell.
After we again {deja vu day} headed to the mall
to grab some lunch and take Santa pics.
Dmitri was still upset about being denied the camera,
but lunch kind of helped.
After we ate we headed to Santa. Dmitri was totally
fine in line - watched the other kids get their pics
taken, and was even fine when we went up to say
hi to Santa. Then I handed him over, and Dmitri
flipped out!
All the picture packages were $20 - but they said
we could take our own pic if we wanted - and it was
free to do that - so that's what we opted for.
Daniel snapped a quick pic while I tried to get
Dmitri to smile. But of course the pic is of him crying.
Which is a classic Santa pic :}
Friday.... I don't remember what we did. Oh - I did
go walking/running and it felt like the longest walk/run
of my life.
And that's all I remember. Maybe more will come to
me.
Today was busy!
Kind of.
I woke up bright and early to go to a yoga class.
I'm sure all Military bases have this - but I know
for sure the one by us does. They have 2 gyms
that are completely free - and the classes they
offer are totally free. So after being here a year, I
decided to check a class out.
Gotta say - I loved it. A lot. I liked the pace and
it all felt SO good!
So I'll have to start going regularly. And taking
advantage of the gym.
After that I had to run and get some groceries
for our party we had tonight.
I went to the Commissary and PX by us. PX because
I was on the hunt for a Blu-Ray player.
Daniel sold his PS3 and games that go with it and
decided he wanted just a Blu-ray player. I told
him I'd pick one up {that we had seen a few weeks
ago}, but they they didn't have it in. So I opted to
go the the NEX {Navy} over by Pearl Harbor.
So I spent almost 3 hours running around town!
Blah. But I offered - so I guess I can't complain.
And it was really so long just because of traffic and
slow people.
At the PX, they had a bunch of wrestlers {I'm assuming}
signing autographs - so there was a huge crowd totally
working against me.
And then the NEX had surfers signing autographs! Ugh.
Well I grabbed a player - then groceries - and was off.
Annoyed at inconsiderate people - but that's that.
Blah.
Dmitri decided he wasn't going to nap today, so I
constantly had a crying baby at my feet all afternoon.
I planned a Cookie Party tonight - so I had a bit of
preparation and cleaning to do before everyone came
over.
But Dmitri was just not happy. At one point he decided
to get my attention by pulling down a tray of cookies
I had put on the counter. Luckily the pan had cooled
and he didn't get burnt - but I had cookies all over the
kitchen floor!
Luckily {again} the recipe made double what it said
it so I wasn't short on the amount I needed {only 12}.
But the party went great! I opted for a pre-baked
lasagna - which was pretty tasty. And I'm totally glad
I did it! I can't imagine having to make dinner tonight.
Oh - I should also say that this entire week I thought
the party was at 6:30 - and about an hour and a half
before everyone showed up - my friend Chelsea
{thank you!!} informed me that it was actually at 6.
Good job Sara. Lol today was a totally unorganized day.
Obviously.
So for the party, everyone was supposed to bring
a dozen {homemade} cookies.
I made chocolate cookie sandwiches {semi-homemade;}
Daniel requested them. I used 2 sticks of butter instead
of shortening - and icing for the filling.
There were also; peanut butter cookies with kisses,
peanut butter and chocolate chip and then butterscotch
and marshmallow haystacks. Yum yum yum!
And that was our weekend. It's now 12:25 and I swear
it was 10:20 30 minutes ago.
And I've yet to prepare my lesson for tomorrow.
Yikes.
And off I go!
Goodnight.
{and Mele Kalikimaka!}
The good.... and the bad....



I swear I'm not spanking him!


I liked this one... but didn't use it because myhead is so much bigger then Daniel's in it!
Just because I'm closer to the camera!!
I have a thing about large and small heads....





Sara, you totally look cute in those pictures! Awesome cookie party. I need to do more stuff like that. Keep blogging, it totally gives me good ideas about stuff to make and do. (Also, I have a hint of jealousy for the beautiful Hawaiian background)
ReplyDeleteSo blogger let's us save our password so we don't have to log in every time to our own now that it's private...so I wonder why it won't let you? We use Nate's gmail address, do you have one? Anyway, love the Santa pic! Reminds me of someone else.... :)
ReplyDeleteOMG I love the Santa picture lol!! I can't wait for Landon's first one! And then to show it to all his little girlfriends hahaha ;]
ReplyDeleteLMAO! I think the same thing about the pic of you and me from back in the day. Me and MY GIANT HEAD!
ReplyDelete