About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Slippers for all occasions.

Back to the grind.
Kind of a busy week ahead of us.

This morning Dmitri and I headed
out to the outlets to pick up a gift.

I opted not to take his stroller and
see how he'd do just holding my hand
or being held.
And I was quite surprised - he did
great! He only threw one tantrum,
and an almost tantrum - but recovered
quickly.

We went into Carter's for a second
because they've been having some
awesome deals.
While we were in there - I browsed
clothes, and Dmitri browsed the toy
display. He stayed near me - for the
most part - and didn't make a mess
at all!
We are making progress.

Up near the cash register they have
some wall toys. So he stood by me
and played with those while I stood in
line.
Outside the doors there is a Kermit
ride - and Dmitri pointed to it. Then
he climbed in - and I inserted .50 into
the ride. He seemed to like it. He was
more interested in the buttons - and
also in the Kermit figure.

I like that he's becoming more managable,
and I'm not having to strap him into
carts and strollers.
It's very nice.
:]We also made a stop at Old Navy and
walked out with some slippers for
Dmitri.
It hasn't gotten cold enough for slippers,
and I doubt it will, but he loves wearing
shoes. So I figure slippers are a better
chose when we're inside.
K - I had to get a size 7 in them! I was
tempted to get an 8 - but they only had
to solid colors in 8.
I'm assuming they run small.
But I'm glad I had him with me - otherwise
I would have walked out with some size
5's.
He wants to wear his new slippers all the
timeDaniel said he tried to take them off while
Dmitri ate his dinner - and Dmitri got really
mad.
We'll see how long this obsession lasts!

Oh - I forgot Dmitri's new thing. Trying to
do the splits :} He tries to do them with his
legs spread width wise - them lets out a loud
scream when he goes too far. Then he straitens
back up and tries it again.
The scream cracks me up. But I think it might
be a bit weird! XD

This is a weird week for Daniel. They've
changed around the floors he's supposed
to be on a few times - and what he's
supposed to do.
So he went in to work today having no
idea where to go or what to do.
He ended up just doing some training
stuff. Nothing too exciting - yet.

He works M-F this week from 7:30 to 3.
So that's nice at least!

Next week he thinks he'll be in the ER,
which he's not to happy about.
Because it's non stop in there.

He found out today that he'll be sponsoring
a solider coming to Oahu. So that's pretty
cool!
Basically he picks them up from the
airport {plus their family} - takes them to
their temporary housing and gets them
checked into where they'll be working.
Once they're settled, he's there if they
have questions or need help with something.

Dmitri took a NICE long nap today! It was
awesome. He went to bed a little later then
usually because of it - and after he was
in bed we'd randomly here him talking to
himself. That went on for an hour and a half.

So I'm curious to find out what time he
wakes up tomorrow.

I finally went to the gym today! I was
pretty proud of myself. It only took me 10
months. And I have no real excuse - because
I had plenty of opportunities to go.
Especially since it's free - and they offer child
care....
But I go to one of the gyms at the military
base by us. It's actually pretty nice and my
treadmill had a screen that displayed a track
with a dot representing me - running around it.
I could also pick a mountain, or a valley.

It was weird though. I was one of 3 girls
in a cardio room with 20 guys. It was a
bit intimidating. That's why I stay away
from the weight rooms. Unless they have
a women's weight room. I hate feeling like
I have no idea what I'm doing - and I'm just
in the way. Meh.

After that I hit up the grocery store there,
and then home!

So not too bad.

Tomorrow I have quite the agenda - but
in a good way!
So hopefully my day will run smooth and
I wont get too stressed about time.

I think I blogged about our crazy random
rain - and here's a pic to show how much
was coming down! It only lasted a few hours,
but made quite the puddles!And projects! Here are my two Christmas
projects.
I'm not totally happy with them - but ohwell.
Daniel thinks I use too much black - and I
think he's right. I just like the way it covers.

The first is obviously a Christmas plaque. The
wood is scrape wood from Home Depot {$0.51}
and then Merry Christmas printed on scrapbook
paper. I mis-measured, so my Merry Christmas
is smaller then I wanted.
I saw these count down blocks here
I told the guy at Home Depot that I
wanted exact square blocks. I assumed
the board that said 4x4 would be 4x4,
but it wasn't.
It's 3.75x3.75. So they're 3.75x3.75x4
blah.
And I totally over-distressed to cover
my paper being shorter on the 4" side.
But they still do the job I guess.
Next project - I need a tree skirt.
Felt, here I come!
:}

4 comments:

  1. i started reading your blog about 2 months ago. i have to comment on your rain picture. Las Vegas can only dream about that kind of rain! so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Dmitri in his new slippers...and nothing else. A kid after my own heart! I used to have the same obsession with ruby red slippers - just like Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz"! And I also wore them with nothing else and WOULD NOT take them off. BHAAAA! Awww...to be young again. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law is following your blog!! Cool!
    I love those slippers from Old navy. We bought andrew some awhile back. Then when I went back yesterday the guy said they were completely gone.
    Sara please post on your blog how to make those plaques!! They are SO cute. I wish you lived here, then I'd have you come and do an enrichment activity. i know lots of ladies would be interested in it.
    ps. where are your dogs? are they there will you in hawaii now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - I wish we'd get rain more often! :] I guess we're getting into the rainy season, so one can only hope!!
    And AC nudey + shoes = classic. Only for babies that is! :}
    Heather, our dogs are still with my parents. It would have been over 1000 to get them here. That and we wouldn't be able to take long vacations with them here. So since they love my parents and my parents dogs, we left them there until we get back :[

    ReplyDelete