Our weekend was good...
Friday day - we didn't have too much going on.
That evening I watched a friend's little boy for a
few hours.
He's 8 months older then Dmitri, but they still
entertained each other and got along well.
Dmitri has been going through the 'mine' phase.
It's been hard teaching him to share, because
they don't understand why you're giving their
toys to someone else.
Luckily he's fairly distractable with other toys.
And so was Kaden - so we didn't have any big
issues.
We also had a going away dinner to go to for
our friends Nate and Chelsea.
So we took Kaden with us. Lol two kids is
hard! I was so paranoid taking them both out
to the car at the same time. I was sure one
would run into the street or something. But
Daniel ended up putting them in the car,
while I finished up the desserts I was bringing,
and gathered bags and sippy cups.
So having them both at my house wasn't bad,
because they entertained each other, and I
think my house has overly childproofed, so there
was no worry about anyone getting into anything.
Well it's a different story going to someone else's
house! Our friends hosting the party have a
newborn who just turned 3 weeks. So they haven't
gotten to baby proofing yet. Blah! That's when
two kids got difficult!
We had to steer them clear of DVD players, glass
decorations and kitchen cabinets. That and they
both kept wanting to run up the stairs.
But luckily nothing was broken - and we survived!
Dmitri always loves having friends over! And so
do I, because he's so pooped after that there's no
fuss at bedtime!
Saturday morning flew by! I couldn't believe it.
I woke up at 8:30, and Daniel and Dmitri both
slept in till almost 10. We had a pancake breakfast,
then I ran out to do some errands.
Before I knew it, it was 2! We planned to go to
Sesame Street Live that afternoon. Sesame
Street Live has been doing free shows at the
Military Bases around the island. They had a
couple shows going on at the base near us, so
we went to that.
It was on a first come first serve basis, so I was
worried we wouldn't get in. Luckily they didn't
seem to turn anyone away - so we got in and
found a spot on the floor. Nate, Chelsea and Ava
met us there - so we had fun watching it with
them!
They gave all the kids these light up spinning
toys - which are actually pretty cool. So Dmitri
has had fun with that all weekend!
But the show was cute. It was only 45 mins,
but I guess that's good for kids.
Dmitri kept pointing at all the characters.
I think he's a Grover fan - which makes me
happy - because Grover's my favorite :}
But he also loves Elmo, Bert and Murray.
I think Murray still his fave. But he's too
new, so there aren't any Murray toys yet.



Saturday night I don't remember what we
did. I guess that's where blogging everyday
comes in handy!
I don't think we did anything :\ Oh - Daniel
and I watched the Flintstone's Christmas.
I love it! My sisters and I watched it every
year - and sometimes during the summer
because we had the video.
A Very Brady Christmas is going to be on
ABC Family on Thursday - so I'll be recording
it! I love it. It was a tradition to watch is,
along with Garfield's Christmas and Charlie
Brown.
Garfield's Christmas was on a few days ago,
and I DVR'd it. Daniel asked if I wanted to
watch it tonight and I said no. I have to save
it until the Brady's records - that way I can
watch them together, like back in the day!
Awww memories :}
Today we overslept. I completely spaced
and didn't set my alarm. And neither did
Daniel. And our other alarm clock {Dmitri}
has started sleeping later! So he didn't
wake us up.
We got to church 10 mins before Sacrament
ended. Daniel had to teach a Missionary class,
so I took Dmitri with me until he was done.
I only had 3 kids today, and our lesson involved
a lot of pictures and coloring. So that was even
better!
Halfway through Daniel came and got Dmitri,
and we finished up our lesson then headed
to sharing time.
Not a bad day. I just felt very rushed the
entire time I was at church. We were late, my
lesson was long so we were late to sharing time
etc etc.
So I guess Sunday naps have turned into a
habit for me. I took a 3 hour nap today!!
It was nice though...
And that was our weekend!
So I've had a few people say they don't
know what peppermint bark is. Well let me
introduce you! It was this.
I was first introduced back in the day when
I worked at Williams Sonoma. I'm not sure
if they were the first to start making it, but
for some reason I remember hearing that.
Anyways - I worked there for almost 5 years,
and every year at Christmas the company
would send us a TON of it. So half way to
Christmas I was so sick of looking at it
because I had eaten way too much. But when
the next year came around, I was drooling
at the though of it.
All it is is white chocolate on top of milk{or dark}
chocolate with bits of peppermint sprinkled
on top.
So the easiest way - I bought milk chocolate
chocolate chips {because they were onsale}
and melted them in the microwave.
Then I spread out the melted chocolate on
a cookie sheet with freezer paper {wax side up}
then put the tray in the freezer to firm up.
While the milk chocolate was firming up, I
crushed candy canes and set them aside.
Then I melted white chocolate chips and
poured them on top on the milk chocolate.
And while the white chocolate was still melty,
I sprinkled the candy cane bits on top.
Back in the freezer - to harden. Once it was
hard, I just took the whole sheet, and then
started breaking it by hand. So really easy!
And no bake - and it only take 20-25 mins.
Make it! It's delicious and so easy!!
And - Dmitri with shoes. He always brings me
my shoes because he wants to go outside.
Such service! :}
But he's starting to wear mine and Daniel's.
It's pretty cute. Especially watching him
shuffle around the house in them!
Friday day - we didn't have too much going on.
That evening I watched a friend's little boy for a
few hours.
He's 8 months older then Dmitri, but they still
entertained each other and got along well.
Dmitri has been going through the 'mine' phase.
It's been hard teaching him to share, because
they don't understand why you're giving their
toys to someone else.
Luckily he's fairly distractable with other toys.
And so was Kaden - so we didn't have any big
issues.
We also had a going away dinner to go to for
our friends Nate and Chelsea.
So we took Kaden with us. Lol two kids is
hard! I was so paranoid taking them both out
to the car at the same time. I was sure one
would run into the street or something. But
Daniel ended up putting them in the car,
while I finished up the desserts I was bringing,
and gathered bags and sippy cups.
So having them both at my house wasn't bad,
because they entertained each other, and I
think my house has overly childproofed, so there
was no worry about anyone getting into anything.
Well it's a different story going to someone else's
house! Our friends hosting the party have a
newborn who just turned 3 weeks. So they haven't
gotten to baby proofing yet. Blah! That's when
two kids got difficult!
We had to steer them clear of DVD players, glass
decorations and kitchen cabinets. That and they
both kept wanting to run up the stairs.
But luckily nothing was broken - and we survived!
Dmitri always loves having friends over! And so
do I, because he's so pooped after that there's no
fuss at bedtime!
Saturday morning flew by! I couldn't believe it.
I woke up at 8:30, and Daniel and Dmitri both
slept in till almost 10. We had a pancake breakfast,
then I ran out to do some errands.
Before I knew it, it was 2! We planned to go to
Sesame Street Live that afternoon. Sesame
Street Live has been doing free shows at the
Military Bases around the island. They had a
couple shows going on at the base near us, so
we went to that.
It was on a first come first serve basis, so I was
worried we wouldn't get in. Luckily they didn't
seem to turn anyone away - so we got in and
found a spot on the floor. Nate, Chelsea and Ava
met us there - so we had fun watching it with
them!
They gave all the kids these light up spinning
toys - which are actually pretty cool. So Dmitri
has had fun with that all weekend!
But the show was cute. It was only 45 mins,
but I guess that's good for kids.
Dmitri kept pointing at all the characters.
I think he's a Grover fan - which makes me
happy - because Grover's my favorite :}
But he also loves Elmo, Bert and Murray.
I think Murray still his fave. But he's too
new, so there aren't any Murray toys yet.




Saturday night I don't remember what wedid. I guess that's where blogging everyday
comes in handy!
I don't think we did anything :\ Oh - Daniel
and I watched the Flintstone's Christmas.
I love it! My sisters and I watched it every
year - and sometimes during the summer
because we had the video.
A Very Brady Christmas is going to be on
ABC Family on Thursday - so I'll be recording
it! I love it. It was a tradition to watch is,
along with Garfield's Christmas and Charlie
Brown.
Garfield's Christmas was on a few days ago,
and I DVR'd it. Daniel asked if I wanted to
watch it tonight and I said no. I have to save
it until the Brady's records - that way I can
watch them together, like back in the day!
Awww memories :}
Today we overslept. I completely spaced
and didn't set my alarm. And neither did
Daniel. And our other alarm clock {Dmitri}
has started sleeping later! So he didn't
wake us up.
We got to church 10 mins before Sacrament
ended. Daniel had to teach a Missionary class,
so I took Dmitri with me until he was done.
I only had 3 kids today, and our lesson involved
a lot of pictures and coloring. So that was even
better!
Halfway through Daniel came and got Dmitri,
and we finished up our lesson then headed
to sharing time.
Not a bad day. I just felt very rushed the
entire time I was at church. We were late, my
lesson was long so we were late to sharing time
etc etc.
So I guess Sunday naps have turned into a
habit for me. I took a 3 hour nap today!!
It was nice though...
And that was our weekend!
So I've had a few people say they don't
know what peppermint bark is. Well let me
introduce you! It was this.
I was first introduced back in the day when
I worked at Williams Sonoma. I'm not sure
if they were the first to start making it, but
for some reason I remember hearing that.
Anyways - I worked there for almost 5 years,
and every year at Christmas the company
would send us a TON of it. So half way to
Christmas I was so sick of looking at it
because I had eaten way too much. But when
the next year came around, I was drooling
at the though of it.
All it is is white chocolate on top of milk{or dark}
chocolate with bits of peppermint sprinkled
on top.
So the easiest way - I bought milk chocolate
chocolate chips {because they were onsale}
and melted them in the microwave.
Then I spread out the melted chocolate on
a cookie sheet with freezer paper {wax side up}
then put the tray in the freezer to firm up.
While the milk chocolate was firming up, I
crushed candy canes and set them aside.
Then I melted white chocolate chips and
poured them on top on the milk chocolate.
And while the white chocolate was still melty,
I sprinkled the candy cane bits on top.
Back in the freezer - to harden. Once it was
hard, I just took the whole sheet, and then
started breaking it by hand. So really easy!
And no bake - and it only take 20-25 mins.
Make it! It's delicious and so easy!!
And - Dmitri with shoes. He always brings me
my shoes because he wants to go outside.
Such service! :}
But he's starting to wear mine and Daniel's.
It's pretty cute. Especially watching him
shuffle around the house in them!




I bet seeing Sesame Street would be so fun. How cute.
ReplyDeleteMmmm...might have to try some peppermint bark now. ;)
ReplyDeleteI missed Garfield Christmas? Boo. I have all these Christmas shows recorded but Andrew has no interest in watching them. And it makes me sad, because every time I try and sit down to watch them he screams about wanting to watch Curious George, Blues Clues, Thomas the Train or Cars.
ReplyDeleteAnd Home Alone 2 will be recording tomorrow (I think) and I just want to sit down with Matthew and watch it.
BTW, we were in Williams Sonoma a few weeks ago and they were handing out samples of the bark. I LOVED it!! Our Williams Sonoma is a big one (so they have cooking classes there) and we were in there one other time and they were giving out samples of pumpkin bread with pumpkin butter!! YUM!! I know I told Matthew I wanted the mix and butter for Christmas but I'm sure it was long forgotten. And they also have the Sprinkles CupCake Mixes, and they have my favorite, spice cake!