Thursday I hit up the swap meet with some friends.
We got there around 10 - and left about 1. You can
find some good stuff there - but they're not big on
bargaining - I tried :}
After that we went to lunch at Chili's. Mmm mm.
The weather was great that day! We still have the
cool down going on - and I really hope it just keeps
getting better!
Plus the tradewinds are back - thank goodness!
Daniel was off and took care of Dmitri while I was
gone.
Dmitri has been quite entertaining - and quite
frustrating the last few days!
I'll get to that...
A random shot - Dmitri likes to where Daniel's watch.
So I found a plank of wood in a trash pile... and
I totally grabbed it. I used it to make a plaque for
Dmitri's bathroom.
I had found some cute hand towels for his bathroom
that match the color scheme I went with.
So since they're monster towels - I made a plaque
monsterish.

I had to nail some hangers on the back of the
board so it'd hang on the wall.
Well Dmitri was there watching - and saw I
was using a hammer.
He ran off into his room - and came out with
his little toy hammer!
He started hitting the board too - it was just
too dang cute!
I could totally see the thought process and
then him realizing he also had a hammer.
He makes my day!
:)
Here's the wreath I made!
I've been wanting to make one for awhile, and
and pretty happy with it.
My mom always made wreaths when I was
growing up - and it always looked so fun. I have
made a few with her - but this is my first one all
by myself.
I know - wreaths aren't a big deal - but I'm proud
of it known the less!! :)
Here's videos of him hammering - and the
second is Daniel trying to get Dmitri to dance.
He's been doing this weird foot stomping thing.
It almost looks like he's doing some type of
football shuffle.
He wouldn't do it in the first video - but started
to the second time around. Then the camera died. Boo!
Another day.
And please excuse the yet to be folded laundry
strewn around the living room...
He's also discovered turning around in circles.
He's been spinning all day!
And a dizzy baby equals ouch. He's hit his head
a few times - but gets back up and does it again.
And another new and weird thing he started
today. Cuddling! I've said it before - Dmitri
does not cuddle!
But I couldn't get him to go down for a nap this
afternoon - so we went to the living room and I
sat on the sofa with him on my lap. He sat there
for 40 minutes! I even dozed off!
Then I laid him in his crib and he slept 2 more
hours!
Then same thing tonight - well first - he climbed
out of his crib...........
I heard a loud thud and new instantly what it
was. He was fine - just a little shaken up.
I don't know what he expected to happen. Ay yi yi!
Anyways - after more no sleeping - I took him to
the living room and sat on the sofa again. He laid on
lap for 30 minutes - then tried to get up - but I laid
him down in his crib and he was out!
I love the cuddle time - but I hope this doesn't
become a bedtime ritual... :\
Daniel worked today. The Pediatric floor was
busy and without enough staff -so he got sent
there. He had 3 patients - got rid of 2 and one
was going home later. So that meant he got off at
12 this afternoon! Not too shabby!
We got there around 10 - and left about 1. You can
find some good stuff there - but they're not big on
bargaining - I tried :}
After that we went to lunch at Chili's. Mmm mm.
The weather was great that day! We still have the
cool down going on - and I really hope it just keeps
getting better!
Plus the tradewinds are back - thank goodness!
Daniel was off and took care of Dmitri while I was
gone.
Dmitri has been quite entertaining - and quite
frustrating the last few days!
I'll get to that...
A random shot - Dmitri likes to where Daniel's watch.
So I found a plank of wood in a trash pile... andI totally grabbed it. I used it to make a plaque for
Dmitri's bathroom.
I had found some cute hand towels for his bathroom
that match the color scheme I went with.
So since they're monster towels - I made a plaque
monsterish.


board so it'd hang on the wall.
Well Dmitri was there watching - and saw I
was using a hammer.
He ran off into his room - and came out with
his little toy hammer!
He started hitting the board too - it was just
too dang cute!
I could totally see the thought process and
then him realizing he also had a hammer.
He makes my day!
:)

Here's the wreath I made!I've been wanting to make one for awhile, and
and pretty happy with it.
My mom always made wreaths when I was
growing up - and it always looked so fun. I have
made a few with her - but this is my first one all
by myself.
I know - wreaths aren't a big deal - but I'm proud
of it known the less!! :)
Here's videos of him hammering - and thesecond is Daniel trying to get Dmitri to dance.
He's been doing this weird foot stomping thing.
It almost looks like he's doing some type of
football shuffle.
He wouldn't do it in the first video - but started
to the second time around. Then the camera died. Boo!
Another day.
And please excuse the yet to be folded laundry
strewn around the living room...
He's also discovered turning around in circles.
He's been spinning all day!
And a dizzy baby equals ouch. He's hit his head
a few times - but gets back up and does it again.
And another new and weird thing he started
today. Cuddling! I've said it before - Dmitri
does not cuddle!
But I couldn't get him to go down for a nap this
afternoon - so we went to the living room and I
sat on the sofa with him on my lap. He sat there
for 40 minutes! I even dozed off!
Then I laid him in his crib and he slept 2 more
hours!
Then same thing tonight - well first - he climbed
out of his crib...........
I heard a loud thud and new instantly what it
was. He was fine - just a little shaken up.
I don't know what he expected to happen. Ay yi yi!
Anyways - after more no sleeping - I took him to
the living room and sat on the sofa again. He laid on
lap for 30 minutes - then tried to get up - but I laid
him down in his crib and he was out!
I love the cuddle time - but I hope this doesn't
become a bedtime ritual... :\
Daniel worked today. The Pediatric floor was
busy and without enough staff -so he got sent
there. He had 3 patients - got rid of 2 and one
was going home later. So that meant he got off at
12 this afternoon! Not too shabby!




Way cute board for Dmitri's bathroom. Totally creative!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the wreath, too. Great job!!
Gee Sara, can I say it enough? You are super talented, and need to sell the cute and amazing crafts you make! I am LOVING the monsters don't take baths. It fits andrew perfectly, but doesn't fit his bathroom. His bathroom is monkey's in the jungle.
ReplyDeletebut still...