We've been homebodies this past week - so
nothing too exciting to report.
Saturday was busy errand wise. Daniel was
home and he hung out with Dmitri while I
ran around town.
Saturday afternoon I had to be at church to
practice for the Primary Program. It's this
Sunday - and I hope it goes well!
Seriously - 8 kids showed up - and I was one
of 2 teachers.
I don't remember them announcing the
practice in Sacrament - so I think a lot of
parents didn't know about it.
Anyways - after that I headed home and
later that night got some much needed
walking in.
Sunday we woke up nice and early for church,
we were ready to go at 8 - but didn't. I don't
remember exactly why - I think someone
wasn't feeling so hot. So we lounged at home
until 9 - then headed over.
I didn't have to teach a lesson because we
were practicing for the program.
It seemed to go well - and I was only minus
one and a half kids.
So I'm not thrilled about this - but I have a
part! Boo!
It's a short part. I just have to go up with my
class and say a short scripture.
Then I have to stand up there while they
say their part and help with any words they're
having trouble with. Should be easy enough.
Apparently Dmitri was quite the handful at
church! Daniel handed him right to me once
church was over. I heard from a few people
that they kept seeing Dmitri running and
Daniel chasing after him.
Yesh.
I'm counting down the days until Nursery!
Monday it was just me and Dmitri. We hit
up the library. Dmitri enjoyed to kids sized
sofas and chairs. He was enjoying the books
and toys until.... he found out they had
computers. It was all downhill from there.
So we left.
But will be making the library a more
frequent outing.
We were on the go a lot on Monday. So
I gave Daniel the heads up that he was
coming home to a dirty house :}
OH! I made tostadas for dinner that night.
I was so proud of myself. I'm scared of deep
frying things - but it was easy and no grease
fires to report.
Today I... cleaned. I got down to Dmitri's
level and cleaned all the dirty hand prints
and food prints on the cabinets and appliances.
That boy gets around.
He has been so weird lately! I mean - in a good
way - but so out of character for him. He will
actually let me cuddle with him before he goes
to bed. Or he'll let me hold him and he'll rest
his head on my shoulder. It's just so unlike
him. But I love it!
He actually cozied up to Daniel this afternoon
and watched tv with him. It was pretty sweet.
I love those boys!
I think Dmitri is entering into the attachment
faze {stuffed animals, blankets, etc}. They say
it usually hits around two - but I know it happens
earlier!
He cuddles with his Bert {Sesame Street} doll
when he's in bed. And he's been carrying around
a rubber ducky that's dressed as a football player.
He also takes the duck to bed with him. It's
funny to watch him try and hold the duck and his
sippy cup at the same time.
He'll put one down the adjust - then pick it up. Then
realize that arrangement doesn't work - and then
try again until he finds one that does. I wouldn't
mind at all if he had a comfort item - so we shall
see!
We're getting some rain tonight that's supposed
to last 4 days! I am over the moon! I've been
in a holiday funk because of the hot and sunny
weather here - so the rain is very much welcomed!
So that's that. Hopefully fun things to blog about
tomorrow!
:]
I have no pics! Ahh!
So here's Dmitri at 4 months - pondering.

nothing too exciting to report.
Saturday was busy errand wise. Daniel was
home and he hung out with Dmitri while I
ran around town.
Saturday afternoon I had to be at church to
practice for the Primary Program. It's this
Sunday - and I hope it goes well!
Seriously - 8 kids showed up - and I was one
of 2 teachers.
I don't remember them announcing the
practice in Sacrament - so I think a lot of
parents didn't know about it.
Anyways - after that I headed home and
later that night got some much needed
walking in.
Sunday we woke up nice and early for church,
we were ready to go at 8 - but didn't. I don't
remember exactly why - I think someone
wasn't feeling so hot. So we lounged at home
until 9 - then headed over.
I didn't have to teach a lesson because we
were practicing for the program.
It seemed to go well - and I was only minus
one and a half kids.
So I'm not thrilled about this - but I have a
part! Boo!
It's a short part. I just have to go up with my
class and say a short scripture.
Then I have to stand up there while they
say their part and help with any words they're
having trouble with. Should be easy enough.
Apparently Dmitri was quite the handful at
church! Daniel handed him right to me once
church was over. I heard from a few people
that they kept seeing Dmitri running and
Daniel chasing after him.
Yesh.
I'm counting down the days until Nursery!
Monday it was just me and Dmitri. We hit
up the library. Dmitri enjoyed to kids sized
sofas and chairs. He was enjoying the books
and toys until.... he found out they had
computers. It was all downhill from there.
So we left.
But will be making the library a more
frequent outing.
We were on the go a lot on Monday. So
I gave Daniel the heads up that he was
coming home to a dirty house :}
OH! I made tostadas for dinner that night.
I was so proud of myself. I'm scared of deep
frying things - but it was easy and no grease
fires to report.
Today I... cleaned. I got down to Dmitri's
level and cleaned all the dirty hand prints
and food prints on the cabinets and appliances.
That boy gets around.
He has been so weird lately! I mean - in a good
way - but so out of character for him. He will
actually let me cuddle with him before he goes
to bed. Or he'll let me hold him and he'll rest
his head on my shoulder. It's just so unlike
him. But I love it!
He actually cozied up to Daniel this afternoon
and watched tv with him. It was pretty sweet.
I love those boys!
I think Dmitri is entering into the attachment
faze {stuffed animals, blankets, etc}. They say
it usually hits around two - but I know it happens
earlier!
He cuddles with his Bert {Sesame Street} doll
when he's in bed. And he's been carrying around
a rubber ducky that's dressed as a football player.
He also takes the duck to bed with him. It's
funny to watch him try and hold the duck and his
sippy cup at the same time.
He'll put one down the adjust - then pick it up. Then
realize that arrangement doesn't work - and then
try again until he finds one that does. I wouldn't
mind at all if he had a comfort item - so we shall
see!
We're getting some rain tonight that's supposed
to last 4 days! I am over the moon! I've been
in a holiday funk because of the hot and sunny
weather here - so the rain is very much welcomed!
So that's that. Hopefully fun things to blog about
tomorrow!
:]
I have no pics! Ahh!
So here's Dmitri at 4 months - pondering.




isn't nursery pretty soon? Ahh, it's a great feeling. Except Matthew and I don't make it to Gospel Doctrine. We sit in the foyer and talk.
ReplyDelete